Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

You know what I would like? It's just a dream. In this dream the record is actually released on Sep 5th. (4th?) Up to that point there are no musical releases, snippets, teasers, videos, acapella etc. Maybe some more confirmations from Lana and Interscope. Maybe some photos, outtakes from a record cover or just new era ideas Lana is sharing.

Can you imagine the excitement counting the days down to the release having not heard anything? Although Lana can make a mess of a lot of things I have complete confidence in her commitment to recording. Even if I don't LOVE the whole album there will definitely be multiple tracks that I do.

Ahhh what a dream , no messes no self created drama just Lana's beautiful voice. Don't wake me till September.

You know what I would like? It's just a dream. In this dream the record is actually released on Sep 5th. (4th?) Up to that point there are no musical releases, snippets, teasers, videos, acapella etc. Maybe some more confirmations from Lana and Interscope. Maybe some photos, outtakes from a record cover or just new era ideas Lana is sharing.

Can you imagine the excitement counting the days down to the release having not heard anything? Although Lana can make a mess of a lot of things I have complete confidence in her commitment to recording. Even if I don't LOVE the whole album there will definitely be multiple tracks that I do.

Ahhh what a dream , no messes no self created drama just Lana's beautiful voice. Don't wake me till September.

I totally think that’s the plan for this album (maybe ONE single a week or 2 before the whole album something idk) but it seems pretty clear she was going for the whole “surprise” release thing she had mentioned before back at the beginning of the year... honestly though I have a feeling it won’t come on her original stated September release date

5.11.14 // 9.20.14 // 6.11.15 // 6.13.15 // 6.14.15 // 1.26.18 // 9.21.19

I totally think that’s the plan for this album (maybe ONE single a week or 2 before the whole album something idk) but it seems pretty clear she was going for the whole “surprise” release thing she had mentioned before back at the beginning of the year... honestly though I have a feeling it won’t come on her original stated September release date

I said it was a dream. :)

I want a 70's soft rock album like Ultraviolence but with way more psychedelia and Lana adopts a Satanic priestess persona called Lana Del Slay and in a music video she sacrifices men in a ritual in exchange for eternal youth

This shit right here is why we're friends :kiss2:

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

You know what I would like? It's just a dream. In this dream the record is actually released on Sep 5th. (4th?) Up to that point there are no musical releases, snippets, teasers, videos, acapella etc. Maybe some more confirmations from Lana and Interscope.

Can you imagine the excitement counting the days down to the release having not heard anything?

Ahhh what a dream , no messes no self created drama just Lana's beautiful voice.

this made my heart flutter jeez this would be so good. thank u kind stranger for this :flutter:

To be honest, I still have no idea what “Chemtrails over the country club” means...

like... “country club” gives me privileged white girl (not a good look for her rn) and chemtrails...idk? I know it’s like planes but that’s so random. A metaphor for drugs? Getting high at the country club?

For what it’s worth, I hate the title of NFR too. I would’ve called it Venice Bitch tbh.

I hope it's a metaphor for like ... the "poison" that infects the rich and famous/Hollywood.

You know, like you imagine a country club as being a blissful place where privileged people hang out ... but it's actually fucked up and toxic, kinda thing.

And as others have mentioned, I also hope she doesn't really believe in chemtrails in the sense that she thinks they're a conspiracy

I hope chemtrails is like a miss anthroposcene / bring on the end of the world album with a harder hitting sound based off NFR. Like more of the mental breakdown of society instead of the physical destruction of the earth

bitch and also longer songs like Venice Bitch or something a la Leaving LA

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

I hope it's a metaphor for like ... the "poison" that infects the rich and famous/Hollywood.

You know, like you imagine a country club as being a blissful place where privileged people hang out ... but it's actually fucked up and toxic, kinda thing.

And as others have mentioned, I also hope she doesn't really believe in chemtrails in the sense that she thinks they're a conspiracy

yeah that’s what I was guessing tbh

Country clubs are the most upper middle class American thing I can think of. Like that’s just so...Americana. So I’m guessing she’s saying the American Dream is polluted/broken/toxic.

NFR was similar in theme but with a little more sweetness in there. Hope was dangerous but she still had it. Now who knows?

I lowkey don’t think she’s ~okay~ right now, so I’m curious to see what the music reflects.

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

I mean, it would be horrible for her career/reputation, but I would kind of secretly live for the drama if this turns out to be a literal, take it at face value record that's all about conspiracy theories and how the chemtrails are controlling societies and celebrities in Hollywood belong to the Illuminati and the big evil government is recording all of us and the earth is flat and the Mandela Effect is due to secret time travelers who are distorting history and whatever else she wants to write about. 

I kinda want her to go full crackhead like America's Sweetheart level crackheadery and messiness.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

i want vocals like true love on the side 

also want the album to be very drum driven if that makes sense (nfr is piano driven, uv is guitar, lfl is trap hi hats) but i want something grunge and heavy

i love you, but you don't understand me.

I'm really scared of the title track.

Like with a title like that + her overall recent mindset and behaviour, I just cannot imagine anything that isn't fraught with problematic shit.

Although NFR isn’t even a lyric in that track, so I wonder if she’s going to even say it as lyrics in the song or if it’ll just be the theme of the record, like how NFR was the theme of the entire album with only one mention of Normal Rockwell in one song

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

%27Ranch_Hand%27_run.jpg

chemtrails over the country club, maybe a juxtaposition between a relaxing stripped down life in the country side and chemical wars? yes I know it could be a reach but considering how "political" she's getting since LFL and the fact that NFR was a subtle political commentary...

i will love you until the end of time.

I think it is interesting that Barrie was for sure 100 percent a conspiracy theorist & to this day still is,

I mean he was always tweeting and posting things about aliens..

and I believe lana has also a long time ago on her old accounts posted a link to like a youtube video of "ufos"

also her incorporating Aliens/UFO at the end of Tropico, 

& then the whole recent instagram videos of lana talking to her director/set people of "the greatest" video about how if aliens visited earth they'd be like our version of a drone so it wouldn't actually be the "alien" it would be like a robot of their creation... 

so it is kind of the most lana title ever... Chemtrails over the country club.. im excited & hope she's not filtering anything 

I think it is interesting that Barrie was for sure 100 percent a conspiracy theorist & to this day still is,

I mean he was always tweeting and posting things about aliens..

and I believe lana has also a long time ago on her old accounts posted a link to like a youtube video of "ufos"

also her incorporating Aliens/UFO at the end of Tropico, 

& then the whole recent instagram videos of lana talking to her director/set people of "the greatest" video about how if aliens visited earth they'd be like our version of a drone so it wouldn't actually be the "alien" it would be like a robot of their creation... 

so it is kind of the most lana title ever... Chemtrails over the country club.. im excited & hope she's not filtering anything 

i remember one time she mentioned in an interview how she'd seen something wierd from her hotel room in london that she'd thought to be an alien so she called 911 but later found out it was just a chinese lantern lol

I never meant to be bad or unwell I was just living on the edge right between heaven and hell & I'm tired of it 

%27Ranch_Hand%27_run.jpg

chemtrails over the country club, maybe a juxtaposition between a relaxing stripped down life in the country side and chemical wars? yes I know it could be a reach but considering how "political" she's getting since LFL and the fact that NFR was a subtle political commentary...

This would be a fitting album cover. 

This would be a fitting album cover. 

Oh my God please don't go giving her ideas :scoff: because we know she reads here

It's a nice enough photo, and it'd be fine as the back cover or in the booklet, but I don't want a rando pic of scenery as the COCC cover.

I want a 70's soft rock album like Ultraviolence but with way more psychedelia and Lana adopts a Satanic priestess persona called Lana Del Slay and in a music video she sacrifices men in a ritual in exchange for eternal youth

This is good but very very specific ???!!

Chemtrails over the country club is a horrible title,I’m picturing some lame 50s old man folk album where she wears a polo sweater,her hair in a ponytail tucked into a flat cap whilst she whacks a golf ball in the air and sees chemtrails.

White hot forever was a title