Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

?!?? Maybe my expectations were so low with the shitshow of NFR’s prerelease, and wasn’t expecting anything more than a selfie for the cover, but I still find it’s one of her most beautiful covers.

After the UV album cover, I never expected a nice album cover from her ever again. The only album cover I think is legit beautiful is the cover for BTD and Paradise. Simple and beautiful. Then came UV and it's boring b & w cover and I was done. Lust for life = worst. NFR cover sent me to the ER with it's ugliness. I just look forward to the music being good (which it has except for the 97,000 duets on LFL) and that's it. 

I envision Lana making her sister taking some boring unimaginative photos because that's the way Lana wants it and as we seen the past few weeks, Lana is a stubborn mule. She wants what she wants. That includes ugly album covers and naming black female artists in her think pieces. 

Speaking of her album covers:

https://www.interviewmagazine.com/music/lana-del-rey-norman-fucking-rockwell

Right now wouldn't be the right time to drop snippets or even drop an surprise single release.

I feel like the right time would be August. That's IF COCC is released this year which I doubt very much. I can seriously see Interscope delaying the LP BC -

1.What happened. Y'now The shit piece of a statement.

2. Adele is due to release in September.

3. Gaga seems to be hitting her stride again so they might want to push the focus on her. Same applies with Dua. Let's not forget that rumour has it the they pushed back NFR in favour of heavily promoting Billie's debut record. So they've done it before.

4. With Covid-19 around they'll be no actual decent (Bare Minimal these days I know) promotion, videos etc

Honestly next year would much better. March/April 2021 would be perfect. The mess of the last three weeks would be forgotten about by the locals and hopefully Covid-19 would be manageable by then so that she can properly tour and promote.

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

I dont want snippets... she can keep them. Just one or two songs and then drop the record. There were way too many songs spoiled with NFR (before the leak).

Agreed and if she does release stuff beforehand im just not gonna listen til the full album comes.... too many were shown early and then it took so long for the album to release so i couldnt rly appreciate songs like cinnamon for example

Plus the car snippet hit harder than the actual song for cinnamon tbh

Right now wouldn't be the right time to drop snippets or even drop an surprise single release.

I feel like the right time would be August. That's IF COCC is released this year which I doubt very much. I can seriously see Interscope delaying the LP BC -

1.What happened. Y'now The shit piece of a statement.

2. Adele is due to release in September.

3. Gaga seems to be hitting her stride again so they might want to push the focus on her. Same applies with Dua. Let's not forget that rumour has it the they pushed back NFR in favour of heavily promoting Billie's debut record. So they've done it before.

4. With Covid-19 around they'll be no actual decent (Bare Minimal these days I know) promotion, videos etc

Honestly next year would much better. March/April 2021 would be perfect. The mess of the last three weeks would be forgotten about by the locals and hopefully Covid-19 would be manageable by then so that she can properly tour and promote.

Those are all valid arguments and it’s true that the world sure don’t seem very stable at the moment and anything can change.

But I can’t imagine her dropping a date without having consulted with Interscope first. As for other Interscope artists releasing this year, Dua and Gaga aren’t in the same register as Lana and are spaced enough not to change anything. And maybe these hard times with bare minimum for release are what she always wanted. And as for Adele, she will have a number one no matter when she releases her new album. Plus: everyone is expecting her new album for last two years now and she is still not releasing it, so music execs can’t go forever putting projects on hold because Adele might drop it (by the way: how lucky are we, as fans? Since Adele’s 25, Lana released HM, LFL, NFR and will probably release COCC before the rumoured « 30 »).

I feel after this album she’ll take a hiatus or release more stand alone singles about peace. I would see the coalition songs coming only then as well as Yosemite as an EP for peace. She definitely hasn’t forgotten about Yosemite but she DEFINITELY Hopes we forgot

tumblr_put6epa8mC1uz4347o9_500.gif

We have this retirement conversation every album cycle lmao, remember this bitch said she will stop putting out albums after BORN TO DIE. That was 5 albums ago. She's a liar and music gives her that buzz it feeds exactly what she wants to do

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I wouldn't say, that she wants us to forget about Yosemite. After all it was her favourite song from LFL, but just that she hasn't reached that place yet or something like that. Now that we got BAR, it should be a matter of time. Especially if COCC goes the direction of Hey Baby Blue.

Hope is a dangerous thing for a fan like me to have - but I have it :toofunny:

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????

After NFR, I just really want something more ... aggressive 

yes yes yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

also, i can't believe some people want Yosemite on the album... don't you want new, recent material? and it's not gonna happen, no way

869-DEC9-E-0-FB4-4-EAF-82-CA-790-EF45189

I think whether she “retires” or takes a hiatus or not depends entirely on if she has a serious significant other involved and if she starts to settle down, have children, etc.

yes yes yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!also, i can't believe some people want Yosemite on the album... don't you want new, recent material? and it's not gonna happen, no way

You are great member but don't talk about Yosemite like this sis...this song is all what we need...it's witchcraft...if we ever hear this song we will be blessed for the rest of our lifetime...Amen.. Hallelujah....Nuninuninuuuu

Okay on a more serious note I think it's more like a running gag that people want Yosemite on this album BUT I would not complain if it would be on this album. Everything that Lana has said about that track made me so curious and I wanna hear that song so bad and she even said it was her fave from LFL but it was too happy. And yeah my delusional ass believes that Yosemititty could be released on this album or in the future by Lana bc of the TNBAR situation. TNBAR & Yosemite were sister tracks, the Ying to the Yang. Maybe this album and NFR! will be like sisters/ Ying to the Yang as well...

And California was an older song on NFR! as well and it turned out good. And we haven't heard anything from Yosemite expect that 15 sec live snippet which got ruined by people screaming..

If we ever hear Yosemite it better be good haha and yeah if it's not on this album it will be fine but I wouldn't complain if it would be on there....I just hope that Lana will release this song in the next few years (or maybe someday Yosemite will leak)

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

You are great member but don't talk about Yosemite like this sis...this song is all what we need...it's witchcraft...if we ever hear this song we will be blessed for the rest of our lifetime...Amen.. Hallelujah....Nuninuninuuuu

Okay on a more serious note I think it's more like a running gag that people want Yosemite on this album BUT I would not complain if it would be on this album. Everything that Lana has said about that track made me so curious and I wanna hear that song so bad and she even said it was her fave from LFL but it was too happy. And yeah my delusional ass believes that Yosemititty could be released on this album or in the future by Lana bc of the TNBAR situation. TNBAR & Yosemite were sister tracks, the Ying to the Yang. Maybe this album and NFR! will be like sisters/ Ying to the Yang as well...

And California was an older song on NFR! as well and it turned out good. And we haven't heard anything from Yosemite expect that 15 sec live snippet which got ruined by people screaming..

If we ever hear Yosemite it better be good haha and yeah if it's not on this album it will be fine but I wouldn't complain if it would be on there....I just hope that Lana will release this song in the next few years (or maybe someday Yosemite will leak)

i want it to leak, i just think her 2016/17 sound won't match the rest of the record, i don't want precious Yosemite to be out of place

869-DEC9-E-0-FB4-4-EAF-82-CA-790-EF45189

i want it to leak, i just think her 2016/17 sound won't match the rest of the record, i don't want precious Yosemite to be out of place

exactly, we saw how BAR was ruined and how it also ruined the cohesiveness of nfr

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

I wouldn’t be surprised if LFA was on the album, or if she decided to add the track last minute. She was definitely recording the new album when she made this song with Jack, since they didn’t stop making music after they finished NFR. Either way, the track would be a gorgeous closer.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

We have this retirement conversation every album cycle lmao, remember this bitch said she will stop putting out albums after BORN TO DIE. That was 5 albums ago. She's a liar and music gives her that buzz it feeds exactly what she wants to do

I think whether she “retires” or takes a hiatus or not depends entirely on if she has a serious significant other involved and if she starts to settle down, have children, etc.

Stop with this retiriment bullshit.she Will only leave the music industry when she hits her art vision mission. And reading the interviews we know she is still looking for this

I love how I made a joke about the inevitable retirement discussion and then this happened :toofunny:

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

I wouldn’t be surprised if LFA was on the album, or if she decided to add the track last minute. She was definitely recording the new album when she made this song with Jack, since they didn’t stop making music after they finished NFR. Either way, the track would be a gorgeous closer.

i personally would be pretty disappointed if she added looking for america onto the album. it's a nice song with a great message for sure, but i really just want new material, people asking for yosemite on the album is a little different for me because we don't know what the song is like besides an live snippet so it would still be a surprise. she's released looking for america as a small charity single and that's how it should stay. 

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123