Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

It’s the place where rich people used to gather to play tennis, socialize and have a drink. It’s very select.

To juxtapose chemtrails (danger) to country club (leisure, privilege, riches, nonchalance) is pure brilliance.

Yes! That's how I'm receiving it too! If the critics went mad about the sociocultural implications on NFR (both album's and title's), being them as slight as they were, imagine how far the impact of this will go... The title is just damn genius. Only problem now is that I'm developing HUGE expectations and I shoudn't (not cause I think it will be bad, but because I should take it as it comes, with no prejudices -not even good ones-). Dammnn, Lana....

What a vapid LA-centric title

In the words of Esteban Julio Ricardo Montoya de la Rosa Ramirez: "THEEZ EEZ A DEEZASTER!"

Edit: Okay that was too harsh. I remember not liking the NFR title but got used to it

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

but why is it produced by Jack though...... like i loved loved LOVED Taytay's Lover and somehow his production wasn't that awful on it yet NFR just sounded straight out bad. what the hell

Just because a certain person produces an album doesn't mean that they get to make all decisions. NFR sounds the way it does because Jack produced it the way Lana wanted him to produce it. Same with the mostly horrible production choices on LFL – Grampa Nowels isn't really the one to blame for that. And remember when Lana said working with Dan Auerbach on Ultraviolence was difficult for her because they had quite different ideas and expectations that didn't necessarily align; Lana and Dan haven't collaborated again since then, so clearly she wasn't as comfortable with him as she is with Rick and Jack. It's obvious Lana prefers working with producers who let her take the wheel.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

Agree to disagree on that one. I am in the “pro-Jack camp” mainly because he won me over with his versatility when Mariners and Venice came out. His main quality is : “You lead the show, I will bring my talent to back it up”. Love that Masseduction (love love) doesn’t sound like NFR or Melodrama (liked) or Taylor’s albums (not a big fan of pure pop).

I agree but to a certain extent... I have to say that some Taylor's and Carly's songs really sound similar. I was listening to Comeback by Carly yesterday, and You are In love by Taylor was in my head... I found out they were both produced by Antonoff. I think that's because they are both very pop and there wouldn't be such risk with Lana but I hope he doesn't fuck it up (and I'm a big fan NFR, it's her best with Ultraviolence and HM).

07772f16031f371bb19c2650cab67790a3966c6d

Not that important but I finally recalled myself that she said hope is coming 7th and it came out 9th of January. Probably same with an album coming 4th and not 5th.

giphy.gif

anyone else could come out with an album called chemtrails over the country club and i'd hate hate hate it.  as a working title of lana's,  im so intrigued haha.  reminds me of a similarly absurd yet amazing title 'grenadine quarantine' 

I'm accually pretty glad jack is producing this album. For me, my favourite part of NFR was the production not the lyrics. Also as others mentioned Lana directs the sound, Jack makes it. 

Consequence of Sound listed this album for the 5th September as well. Does it mean that it really will come out on a Saturday? Just curious bc usually albums got released on a Friday... Lana said 5th but  I thought she actually meant 4th September but no matter what it's only 4 months and I'm excited :party: !!!

https://consequenceofsound.net/upcoming-releases/

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2: