Elle

Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Chemtrails Over the Country Club  

869 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Chemtrails Over the Country Club?

• White Dress
    • Chemtrails Over the Country Club
    • Tulsa Jesus Freak
    • Let Me Love You Like a Woman
    • Wild at Heart
    • Dark But Just a Game
    • Not All Who Wander Are Lost
    • Yosemite
    • Breaking Up Slowly
    • Dance Till We Die
    • For Free

01. White Dress

02. Chemtrails Over The Country Club

03. Tulsa Jesus Freak

04. Not All Who Wander Are Lost

05. Dark But Just A Game

06. Let Me Love You Like A Woman

07. Wild At Heart

08. Yosemite

09. Dance Til We Die

10. Breaking Up Slowly

11. For Free

The way Lana spins in white dress reminds me of a dervish. Especially the way it's while she sings "makes me feel... makes me feel like a God". It's very powerful, I wonder if it was an intentional resemblance.

I guess it would be weird to think of her having an Islamic influence. But hey... why not...

(a dervish is a kind of mystic muslim, like here )

157852e4da9ff5b7ec834e7a2eac795d.gif

9 minutes ago, sexyslutboy said:

The way Lana spins in white dress reminds me of a dervish. Especially the way it's while she sings "makes me feel... makes me feel like a God". It's very powerful, I wonder if it was an intentional resemblance.

I guess it would be weird to think of her having an Islamic influence. But hey... why not...

(a dervish is a kind of mystic muslim, like here )

Maybe not intentional on her part but I like the idea that this could've been tucked into her subconscious. She did study philosophy after all, with an interest in religion. I like this parallel a lot

tenor.gif?itemid=26222673

☆♬○♩●♪✧♩ Life is just a bubble and it's filled with air ♩✧♪●♩○♬☆

7 minutes ago, Dominikx4 said:

the last few lines of White Dress get me every single time... The way she sings it, and the piano & guitar just get quieter and quieter, it breaks my heart

image.png

it makes me think about how we dream so big and its all we want when we’re younger. but when we get there, we miss when things were simple. 

it definitely makes me tear up because you can almost hear regret and longing in her voice. longing for a feeling thats almost impossible to get back. 

This album was the first time I experienced the phenomenon of lana releasing something that thematically fits in perfectly with where you are in life.

I was working up to 60 hours a week and was so tired I only cared about the simple things. I was at a transition point in life where I was just totally over my rebellious younger years. Fed up with clubbing, drinking, toxic people, and just wanted to be happy and healthy. 

157852e4da9ff5b7ec834e7a2eac795d.gif

15 minutes ago, sexyslutboy said:

This album was the first time I experienced the phenomenon of lana releasing something that thematically fits in perfectly with where you are in life.

I was working up to 60 hours a week and was so tired I only cared about the simple things. I was at a transition point in life where I was just totally over my rebellious younger years. Fed up with clubbing, drinking, toxic people, and just wanted to be happy and healthy. 

I was the exact same way. Late 2019 when NFR was released, my life was in a state of turmoil, and I felt NFR really accompanied that. I really turned to that record to support and guide me through. Around mid 2020, I knew I needed to escape that turmoil and restructure my life before I kept digging myself even deeper into this hole, so I completely stripped and simplified the way I was living. I went on a whole device/media cleanse, literally had my phone locked away in a box for several months and would only check it for 15 minutes around once a week if that, and just spent my days sitting outside hand-feeding the chipmunks and squirrels and watching the birds for hours. This was during lockdown too, so there wasn't much else I could do anyway, and the last thing I needed during that time was to be so consumed in the digital world even if that was the easier thing to do during that time. By early 2021, I finally found the peace within myself that I was looking for. It took awhile to get there, but I had never felt this sense of serenity in life before then that I still have now. This record, just like NFR did, came right when I needed it. I still listen to Chemtrails frequently as it just matches the feeling of bliss and happiness I now have that had once been so lost upon me. Definitely such a transitional record, and a really powerful one at that x

~It's beautiful how this deep normality settles down over me. I'm not bored or unhappy, I'm still so strange and wild~

~Just like I wanted, no more candle in the wind. It's not like I'm invisible, not like before when I was burning at both ends~

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

1) Tulsa Jesus Freak

2) White Dress

3) Yosemite

4) Chemtrails

5) Not All Who Wander Are Lost

6) Wild At Heart

7) Breaking Up Slowly

8) Dance Till We Die

9) Let Me Love You Like A Woman

10) Dark But Just A Game

11) For Free

Love love love the first four songs, they have such a specific lush vibe that stands out from the rest of the album.

Actually I do like the first 9 songs, I don't skip them. I just don't like DBJAG and FF at all :rip: Lyrics in DBJAG are alright/okay but I hate Jack's beats they sound v generic and cheap. FF is just FF never feel satisfied listening to that song, I wish the album had a outro as strong as its intro :whatever:

Y0jLcfB.gif.˚₊‧.༻𓆩❤︎𓆪 My love's pourin' 𓆩‪‪❤︎𓆪༺.‧₊˚. yxuiMLe.gif
34h2wyS.gif

°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||Like a waterfall.||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||

1:32━━━━━♡────2:42

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺

I listened to a few songs from COCC last night. I really like Tulsa Jesus Freak, mostly the way it starts. It's so tender, warm and soft, I picture a dim light inside a house in the desert at night :bliss:. Lol, that was long. I don't really know why (it might be the production or me overthinking it) but I perceive this song as if I was in a small room. It's just me, listening to Lana singing, and it also feels like I'm peeking (?) at someone else's conversation. It's a beautiful song. I don't really know what the lyrics are trying to portray, although that's just me who's terrible at symbolism. Anyways, I also like Yosemite a lot. When she goes on a lower register, I lose my mind. 

tumblr_inline_qhw6etIHor1wxgybj_500.gif

last.fm: dope_n_diamonds // twitter: lovinglydelrey

The title track is my most streamed Song right now :trisha: I don't know what this song does to me but it resonates with me so much & there is something special about it. It's so beautiful & the outro makes me feel like turning into a werewolf ( the mv impact):wowcry:

Chemtrails & Yosemite became two of my all time favourite songs ever & in this foggy autumn weather they sound even better:true:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

i was going through the chemtrails pre-release thread and for some reason i can't find any post between like august 2020 and january 2021... does anyone know why that is? i wanted to reread our reactions as we found the shazam codes for yosemite, but any post from that era is nowhere to be found