Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

Okay okay okay

I've reached that point where I think I'll be okay if she takes longer to perfect the album rather than try and stick to her vague deadlines.

What might be more interesting is to have more poetry more audiobooks hell maybe even a whole novel - just imagine LDR presents The Great American Novel out Spring 2023 -- because once she's had all the poetry and the deep meaningfulness poured out she can make music in a way that isn't piano ballads where the focus is intentionally zeroed in on the lyrics. Great lyrics on WW but I would like bigger build-ups and soundscapes on the new album. Otherwise, just separate the poems and the songs.

(no hate, food for thought)

Am I the only one kinda wishing she'd rework/remix the singles for the new album, but keeping the already released versions as "single versions" on streaming services. Some things I would change:

- WW having real drums or even only a heavier piano instead of the trashy hip hop beats in the end and a extended piano solo as an extra outro

- Textbook with better chorus instrumental, cause in the released version, her voice and the beats doesn't sound that good together

- The ambient sounds and synths on Blue Banisters being more present in the end of the song and maybe even a piano solo part like WW

16 minutes ago, baddisease said:

will there be a Blue Banisters tour? if so, is there a chance she'll perform Boarding School again?,

Manifesting Boom Like That as the intro

Maybe she is reworking a lot of unreleased stuff, and blue banisters would be the unreleased album we asked for haha (hope not), when do we think we could get this album? I think October, having a single & announcement in mid september

original.gif

39 minutes ago, YourGirl666 said:

Am I the only one kinda wishing she'd rework/remix the singles for the new album, but keeping the already released versions as "single versions" on streaming services. Some things I would change:

- WW having real drums or even only a heavier piano instead of the trashy hip hop beats in the end and a extended piano solo as an extra outro

- Textbook with better chorus instrumental, cause in the released version, her voice and the beats doesn't sound that good together

- The ambient sounds and synths on Blue Banisters being more present in the end of the song and maybe even a piano solo part like WW

I truly love Wildflower Wildfire as it is, though the changes on Text Book would be great and, as much as I love Blue Banisters as it is, I'd really appreciate a new addition to it. I don't know if some drums would make it great (a la Music To Watch Boys To, or even Terrence Loves You) but it's true it would be an interesting twist to have both single and album versions of those three songs.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

5 hours ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

I just saw the trailer for Halsey's album and it is phenomenal, I mention this to say that when a singer puts effort into an album and in the unfolding of the era it is much more fun, exciting and entertaining to enjoy the era, not like Lana with chemtrails that, if you guys ask me, I could almost say that that era NEVER existed. I hope the same does not happen with BB aka LDR8... I really want Lana to put laziness aside and put more effort on giving us an era with visuals and a concept that is striking (BTD for example) but hey... I love Lana and I love her music but honestly and being objective stanning her sometimes it is boring compared to other artists.

I want to clarify that this is not hatred against her, she is my favourite singer and I love her music but as I said, sometimes we die of hunger due to the lack of interaction or lack of determination to take an era to the maximum, the last time that happened. It was with Norman because as I said chemtrails was born and died  a week alter cus of the lack of promotion either in advertising or singles with videos.

I don't remember very well how Lana played the other eras but Norman and BTD and maybe LFL are the only ones that come to mind when I think of an era in which the album is called really harnessed, to mention other albums: 1989, Future Nostalgia , WWAFA, WDWG ?, etc etc.

I don't like Halsey's music but every aesthetic of her eras is so flawless and pleasing to look at from vinyl designs to music videos that I feel like buying her music.

The whole Chemtrails era was so unoriginal and basically looked like a cosplay of the 50s at grandma's place and I HOPE she comes up with a more original era without ripping of TikTok cottage core teens. Her image throughout her career was a tasteful mix of vintage and new with a little bit of edge that is so simple yet so recognizable. My flex is that many people describe my style as 'Lana Del Rey' (BTD-UV era) although I haven't copied a single outfit of hers but rather mixed old, new + edgy detail:ohmy:. I kinda always have wondered why her street style was always pretty basic and screamed C&A mom collection while she looked always flawless when doing appearances and when doing something music. 

Yeah, I kinda find it boring to stan 2020-2021 Lana because of the underwhelming eras. I'll spam my Instagram with her BB era if It's even close to LFL so don't ban me lmao. Also wish me luck to win a COCC vinyl on a giveaway :hillary:

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

3 hours ago, be sweet said:

1. don't compare her to that rat 

2. I get the frustration of no big eras but Lana isn't a big pop artist and honestly one of the best parts of stanning Lana is the fact she calls all the shots - no matter how questionable they are - u just get the satisfaction of knowing she's in control of her chaos. Chemtrails era was fucked up by Covid which by extension granted us an entirely new album so let's revel in that and hope she delivers and as we've seen so far (aside from the picsart) she IS delivering. She's an alternative singer with pop sensibilities NOT a pop artist :wub:

3. don't compare her to that rat EVER :pout:

I’ve really never gotten the trend to hate halsey lmao, I thought we left that in 2015 but okay.

Whether you like her music or not you can’t deny that she does really care about her art and uses it’s full potential (and does it beautifully tbh) something that lanz has been lacking lately :crai:

26 minutes ago, brandon said:

I’ve really never gotten the trend to hate halsey lmao, I thought we left that in 2015 but okay.

Whether you like her music or not you can’t deny that she does really care about her art and uses it’s full potential (and does it beautifully tbh) something that lanz has been lacking lately :crai:

The trailer she posted it's amazing! It give me the same euphoria i had when i saw the tropico trailer. Halsey really cares about her music and all that comes with it, i'll love if lana did something big like this again

original.gif

The thread has been dry, so I think it could be fun if we talked about what we love & potentially don’t love about the singles/snippets so far! If anyone’s interested, I’ll start with WW (and obviously feel free to share your thoughts or disagreements on my takes as well)! 

For me, at least..

Wildflower Wildfire:

-Praises: Maybe I’m biased, but I think WW is—lyrically, at least—in my Top 10 Lana tracks. For me, it’s one of the most personal, vulnerable, and poetic songs she’s ever released. I’m still amazed at how gorgeously she delivered such a defiant commitment to never turning into those that “raged” against her. Instead of burning, she chooses to live like a wildflower: surviving and thriving for the sole purpose of simply existing. 

-Criticisms: This is such an excruciatingly minor thought, but I really would have loved if the crackling(?) sound tapered off a little smoother so it didn’t disappear as abruptly. The melody definitely took time to stick with me, but that’s just my very subjective experience with the track. 

I’m excited to see how everyone else feels!

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

5 hours ago, be sweet said:

1. don't compare her to that rat 

2. I get the frustration of no big eras but Lana isn't a big pop artist and honestly one of the best parts of stanning Lana is the fact she calls all the shots - no matter how questionable they are - u just get the satisfaction of knowing she's in control of her chaos. Chemtrails era was fucked up by Covid which by extension granted us an entirely new album so let's revel in that and hope she delivers and as we've seen so far (aside from the picsart) she IS delivering. She's an alternative singer with pop sensibilities NOT a pop artist :wub:

3. don't compare her to that rat EVER :pout:

Beyond comparing her with Halsey I am comparing the way in which she (Lana) performs each era compared to either Halsey or any female singer and that "any" you like it or not includes Halsey (which I personally don't like but I like some of her songs, the way that Halsey presented her new album was iconic, even more so with that cover and that trailer... That really lifts the spirits to listen to an album and be excited for it to come out.) and honestly, although Lana is not a big POP star, her name is always mentioned among singers with a lot of stream like Taylor so in my opinion Lana is one of the big ones in the game and she would even compete with them if she proposed it, but to be honest , she won't do that.

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

It’s bc I dont think Lana’s a businesswoman. She’s first n foremost an artist. I just wish she was a lot more excited bout it w more interviews, and live performances. 
aside from her work, I honestly find her mind real interesting. Maybe bc perhaps a lot of us know what its like to be alienated in some way n that started some resonating, but this and her capacity to truly b a great songwriter; riveting. 

The hordes see her as an easy target tho n its sad bc her perspective n quality’s really something else. 

UV/Honeymoon

lana is already out of this world and extremely talented. i just wish she would give her art a chance of really shining again with amazing videos, trailers, interviews, etc. since lfl, i havent seen her create a world for her albums. theres no real visual escapism to her music anymore. 

i believe this all comes with lana being a much more grounded person these days where she doesnt feel like exaggerating or twisting reality a bit like she may have used to. shes more interested in documenting her life the way it is and making the ordinary beautiful.... although that in of itself is interesting n exciting to see, i really miss being submerged in lanas world. 

Did BOZ really never say anything after he said he was getting an update the Monday after Lana posted the BB photo + single snippet? I hate to be that person but someone with an ATRL account please ask him if anything happened :(

1 hour ago, LanaTheRay said:

Said she’d release in June
Just to change the date to “soon”
Now my balls are—blue
Blue balls, ooh

I’m glad it’s Soon and not some random day in August, let’s face it Lana is impulsive and clueless and it’s better she leaves release dates to her Label and management to announce.  

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

39 minutes ago, hashtagtylerh said:

Did BOZ really never say anything after he said he was getting an update the Monday after Lana posted the BB photo + single snippet? I hate to be that person but someone with an ATRL account please ask him if anything happened :(

I remember him saying that the title still wasn’t Blue Banisters from his information sources