Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

Can you Imagine she has an 11 song album, 3 we’ve already heard and the others are Cherry Blossom and Thunder.  So we will have 6 new songs..2 or 3 which will probably be underwhelming *cough* Nikki Lane songs *Cough* more piano ballads *cough*. So yes I am in favour of NOT adding unreleased songs.  If she scrapped the whole album and it was 100% new songs I’m also here for it. We have the three songs, they don’t have to be on an album they can serve just fine as an independent trilogy. 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

8 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

Can you Imagine she has an 11 song album, 3 we’ve already heard and the others are Cherry Blossom and Thunder.  So we will have 6 new songs..2 or 3 which will probably be underwhelming *cough* Nikki Lane songs *Cough* more piano ballads *cough*. So yes I am in favour of NOT adding unreleased songs.  If she scrapped the whole album and it was 100% new songs I’m also here for it. We have the three songs, they don’t have to be on an album they can serve just fine as an independent trilogy. 

Now im in FEAR

original.gif

2 hours ago, ChaoticLipster said:

Currently - Wildflower Wildfire > Blue Banisters> Text Book

unpopular opinion yes, nothing wrong with Text Book but depends on my mood, and no it’s not the BLM lyrics. 

finally someone who agrees with me!

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gif gmgif.gif morrissey-flowers.gif

11 hours ago, yayoop said:

I just got conflicting feelings of her releasing unreleased stuff that we’ve heard before, I feel like in the past for me it’s usually a hit or miss. Like I love Architecture but I don’t vibe that much with the Best American Record. I too quickly get attached to the demo and then feel weird about the new version

Does anyone else feel that way?

like I’m excited for Thunder but if it’s changed a lot I wonder what it could be like

same. it's not even just instrumentals or lyrics that bother me about BAR, the whole emotion is different from the demo. i love thunder and i hope it won't happen with it but i still can't really imagine how it would fit with the singles the way it is, maybe it'll be the next HBTB/TJF... i just hope that electric guitar isn't going anywhere:icant:

48 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

With Thunder and Cherr Blossom we already have 2 tracks that will be great and definitly do not feature Nikki Lame.

If it wasn't for Yosemite, CoCC would have 0 good songs after DBJAG ends.

And let me mention this one again: It's not unusual that artists keep songs around for a while/ come back for them. Ususally, we just don't know it.

Roisin Murphy recently talked about how "Murphy's Law" was initially planned for "Overpowered" and I saw noone crying about her putting it on RM. It's totally normal.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

59 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

Totally agree. I love your photo, by the way, it says so much with so little. Imagine LDR posing exactly like that for her next album cover. 

Having MAC, VB, and 'Hope' well beforehand ruined NFR! for me, as, with 'The Greatest,' they were the best songs on the record for me. We'd also heard the best part of 'HIAB' a year before. 

I didn't care for 'BUS' on COCC, and wish Lana had sung all of 'For Free,' so I hope she holds off on having Nicki participate until they do their country album or whatever. 

We have the three singles already, they can 'stand alone,' and we have 'Thunder' and 'Cherry Blossom.' If she wanted to use 'CB,' it would have fit nicely on COCC. 

24 minutes ago, Thunder Corpse said:

With Thunder and Cherr Blossom we already have 2 tracks that will be great and definitly do not feature Nikki Lame.

And let me mention this one again: It's not unusual that artists keep songs around for a while/ come back for them. Ususally, we just don't know it.

Roisin Murphy recently talked about how "Murphy's Law" was initially planned for "Overpowered" and I saw noone crying about her putting it on RM. It's totally normal.

CL isn't saying it's not normal---of course it is. Stevie Nicks has been dredging up old songs that are 30-40 years old ('Sorcerer,' 'Planets of the Universe,' 'Candlebright,' etc.) for a while now. CL just doesn't want another NFR! situation where we've heard half of the album and almost all the best tracks beforehand. 

12 hours ago, Venice Peach said:

Someone asked him that day (Monday) and he said that the title was still not Blue Banisters on his end. I'll try to post a screenshot.

0nxqNLS.jpg

oh cool thanks! stinks that's all he said. sorry @NewportBitch I thought you were referring to something else you were right

1 hour ago, Thunder Corpse said:

The difference is Yosemite was unheard.  Do we really need real estate being taken up by songs we already have? It’s ok of it’s a 15 track album. Otherwise we are getting stuff we  already have.

1 hour ago, Vertimus said:

Totally agree. I love your photo, by the way, it says so much with so little. Imagine LDR posing exactly like that for her next album cover. 

Having MAC, VB, and 'Hope' well beforehand ruined NFR! for me, as, with 'The Greatest,' they were the best songs on the record for me. We'd also heard the best part of 'HIAB' a year before. 

I didn't care for 'BUS' on COCC, and wish Lana had sung all of 'For Free,' so I hope she holds off on having Nicki participate until they do their country album or whatever. 

We have the three singles already, they can 'stand alone,' and we have 'Thunder' and 'Cherry Blossom.' If she wanted to use 'CB,' it would have fit nicely on COCC. 

Thank you. I do agree, the three recent songs will be very stale by the time the album drops which could be 3-4months away for all we know. 

6 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

Thank you. I do agree, the three recent songs will be very stale by the time the album drops which could be 3-4months away for all we know. 

And we will probably have 'Land Rover' by that time as well. Cheers. 

I think we'll get around 14 songs. Chemtrails was short cause she used up all the songs she had (other than Dealer and LYTAN that I guess didn't fit the album and LYTAN was allegedly old anyway) but for BB we know she has a lot of songs cause she even scrapped like half of the album :thumb2:

I'm starting to think that boz knows almost nothing this time cause why won't he say anything about the tracklist other than vague statements like "she changed it", "something that I really hope it would make it got scrapped". The only direct info we got was that he teased Thunder and Cherry Blossom but he also said the title changed and Lana posted the BB album cover some days after that so...

giphy.gif

10 hours ago, be sweet said:

its not that I hate her because of a trend but comparing her to Lana rubbed me the wrong way 

I mean, the op wasn’t even like a comparison of the two, just the way they release music/have an era when they both came from the same tumblr era genre 

10 hours ago, VioletBunny said:

My issue w Halsey is how clearly inspired by Lana she was but she won’t even publicly state it, then the whole g-eazy mess, etc.. I don’t think she can truly care about her art when it’s so consistently borrowed from other artists (including Lana) 

See i’ve never seen much inspiration from lana in her music, I think I started stanning the both of them around 2014/15, and ik there was a big thing with new americana & national anthem (?) - but I didn’t even underetand that, they’re like so very different, and esp in her music post-badlands.. i can find 0 comparisons to be drawn - like u say it’s constantly borrowed from other artists but.. where??

when it comes to g-easy :crai: his white mustang can really grab hold on a girl i guess 

If this album didn't have 11+ songs, she wouldn't have released 3 singles at the same time. With COCC, we heard only 2 songs before the release and as for NFR (excluding the snippets), we had like 6 singles.

:gasp::angie:

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

let's not forget the version of TNBAR we got was not touched by Jack at all. it literally dates back to early 2017. Jack is not mentioned in the credits and Lana herself referred to the song as TNBAR and said it was about Topanga in July 2017. I'm all for being critical towards Jack's production but the myth that he butchered TNBAR needs to die. because as neither TNBAR nor Yosemite was touched for the albums they ended up on, there's no reason to think Thunder and Cherry Blossom are going to be changed for the worse either

9 minutes ago, Future Jazz said:

let's not forget the version of TNBAR we got was not touched by Jack at all. it literally dates back to early 2017. Jack is not mentioned in the credits and Lana herself referred to the song as TNBAR and said it was about Topanga in July 2017. I'm all for being critical towards Jack's production but the myth that he butchered TNBAR needs to die. because as neither TNBAR nor Yosemite was touched for the albums they ended up on, there's no reason to think Thunder and Cherry Blossom are going to be changed for the worse either

TNBAR was definitely changed for nfr. the music video they shot for it doesn’t really match the nfr version, but matches the demo that leaked before lfl perfectly

not by jack, but it was changed

3 hours ago, ChaoticLipster said:

11 song album, 3 we’ve already heard and the others are Cherry Blossom and Thunder.  So we will have 6 new songs..2 or 3 which will probably be underwhelming *cough* Nikki Lane songs *Cough* more piano ballads *cough*. S

I really don't think this is going to happen. cocc was like a still afterthought of nfr so 11 songs was fine, but even cocc was planned to be longer. and realistically thinking, there won't be any Nikki at all. it feels like she is taking her sweet time with this and adding stuff, which is good, instead of taking away which they did with cocc. the way boz described it it sounds like a longer album. 

I'm just thankful we're getting an official release for those songs - and if ur bothered it's just karma doing it's thing since the songs were leaked :wub: