Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

I hate getting random YouTube notifications for clickbait-videos some idiot gay uploaded that features the Blue Banisters album cover ...

I blame both the YT algorithm for recommending this bs and Lana for creating a situation, in which I could totally see her ranomly ropping new music without a word.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Once we get the album we'd be able to tell if the album scrapping was because of the break up or not - we know that the three singles we got mention Clay in some capacity (and that this album was about recent events according to her) so yeah and the fact that she added Thunder to this album... :excited:

Since she claims she's telling her story on this album it's gonna be interesting how she's gonna flip the whole thing about Clay but whatever we'll see ;)

2 hours ago, be sweet said:

Once we get the album we'd be able to tell if the album scrapping was because of the break up or not - we know that the three singles we got mention Clay in some capacity (and that this album was about recent events according to her) so yeah and the fact that she added Thunder to this album... :excited:

Since she claims she's telling her story on this album it's gonna be interesting how she's gonna flip the whole thing about Clay but whatever we'll see ;)

I’m hopping on this to say that I’m kind of frustrated with her lately for this exact reason. She seems to be trying to prove herself by making the most authentic music? There’s so many name drops and her music is full of pointless anecdotes or just like “Jenny’s in the pool”. Like, to the point where if she’s scrapping songs because it’s no longer authentic to her current life, it’s getting out of hand. 

I can’t say if that’s the reason for the scraps but honestly with the “let me write my own story” or whatever she said, I’m not the biggest fan. Love her and her music is great no matter what but I think she needs to stop worrying what people think about her music bc it’s kind of saturating it 

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

I always let snippets be unheard. Because I want to have as much as new music to listen to when the album's finally out. :makeup: Not that I have the discipline to not listen to singles though....

Anyway, based on you guys reaction for the new song - we're in for a treat rock candy sweet, for sure :wub:

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

7 minutes ago, VioletBunny said:

I’m hopping on this to say that I’m kind of frustrated with her lately for this exact reason. She seems to be trying to prove herself by making the most authentic music? There’s so many name drops and her music is full of pointless anecdotes or just like “Jenny’s in the pool”. Like, to the point where if she’s scrapping songs because it’s no longer authentic to her current life, it’s getting out of hand. 

I can’t say if that’s the reason for the scraps but honestly with the “let me write my own story” or whatever she said, I’m not the biggest fan. Love her and her music is great no matter what but I think she needs to stop worrying what people think about her music bc it’s kind of saturating it 

I don't think it's about authenticity - it's more about her feelings about this person have changed and this is something that happens all the time like I know for a fact I wouldn't leave in a song meant for someone I just broke up with on my upcoming album :awkney:

The anecdotes aren't her pushing an authenticity narrative it's more of a storytelling device (and it paints a picture in our head) and even if she is sticking to her telling her story or what not it seems like she's doing a good job so let's wait for the album :wub:

Manifesting surprise double album WORLD WIDE RELEASE OUT TOMORROW 16th OF JULY FAM:legend:

Beskrivning saknas.

I've already fully memorised the lyrics to the singles, but I really don't want to overplay them. Lana, please release another single soonish (or the entire album):makeup:

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

1 hour ago, be sweet said:

I don't think it's about authenticity - it's more about her feelings about this person have changed and this is something that happens all the time like I know for a fact I wouldn't leave in a song meant for someone I just broke up with on my upcoming album :awkney:

The anecdotes aren't her pushing an authenticity narrative it's more of a storytelling device (and it paints a picture in our head) and even if she is sticking to her telling her story or what not it seems like she's doing a good job so let's wait for the album :wub:

I agree. She's painting a picture, using actual events from her life here, an idea there, a sudden inspiration or feeling here again. She's writing impressionistic stories or prose poems and placing them to music. It's a mistake to take any song or lyric literally. Whether it's 'Text Book,' 'Wildflower,' 'Old Money,' 'Honeymoon' or 'Cola,' we--the audience, the listener--get the idea and set of emotions she's conveying. She's not a more literal storyteller like Bobbie Gentry with 'Ode To Billie Joe.' 

I don't know why some of you find weird that she namedrops people in BB. She's been doing that her whole career (The Jims, The Ks, the Johns... even Chuck in Motel 6) it's just that this time we actually know who she's talking about but it's not for the sake of authenticity it's her way of writing.

giphy.gif

25 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

I don't know why some of you find weird that she namedrops people in BB. She's been doing that her whole career (The Jims, The Ks, the Johns... even Chuck in Motel 6) it's just that this time we actually know who she's talking about but it's not for the sake of authenticity it's her way of writing.

I think it's like the overabundant and too-obvious classic rock references, it just seems that lately she's been name dropping too much and it loses any effectiveness as a result. However, they're her songs and I stand by her right to write whatever she pleases.  I wish she'd really let go and write more distinctive songs like 'Live or Die,' 'Cola,' 'Gods & Monsters,' etc. But that doesn't seem to be where she's at right now. 

we haven't had a summer record since lust for life :crai:why is she wasting valuable summer time :crossed:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

7 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

we haven't had a summer record since lust for life :crai:why is she wasting valuable summer time :crossed:

Why do you all want a summer album?
NFR was a good after summer album.

Mfhp.gif

3 minutes ago, Cinnamon Boi said:

Why do you all want a summer album?
NFR was a good after summer album.

because summer is now :oprah3:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

SUMMER ALBUM SUMMER ALBUM SUMMER ALBUM SUMMER ALBUM :legend:

Beskrivning saknas.

summer is the prime time for a lana del rey album and that is objective. you think i wanna listen to songs about mid-july n summer heat in the dead of december??? no. :crossed:

I'm manifesting an autumn album :hair: Give me October, season of the witch, orange and brown leaves energy 

imageproxy.jpg