Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

1 hour ago, lover said:

I'm bored let's speculate what songs from previous albums could serve similar vibes as each unheard track :party:

Black Bathing Suit = Tulsa Jesus Freak / 13 Beaches 

If You Lie Down With Me = Pretty When You Cry / Religion 

Beautiful = Video Games / Get Free

Violets For Roses = Change / Bel Air 

Sweet Carolina = Dance Till We Die / Swan Song

black bathing suit = st tropez 

if you lie down with me = flipside / hey you

beautiful = how to disappear / honeymoon

violet for roses = sad girl / terrence loves you

sweet carolina = bartender / wayamaya

:smile:

mUENGN9.png

7 minutes ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

okay but imagine Black Bathing Suit having Wayamaya / Maha Maha vibes or even samples :air: and I can see I You Lie Down With Me serving Flipside for sure!

strong like a tree but the unlucky one 

11 minutes ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

Ok if any song on this record reaches anywhere near the emotional intensity of Terrence Loves You, I will flip.

IMG-1607.jpg

14 minutes ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

Anything that remotely sounds like Flipside is a masterpiece in my eyes. That song is truly perfect

Also yes at BBS, we need a sexy, filthy party jam. How could she not reference that phase in her life, hopefully it extends from "The Trio" into a StTropez bop

tumblr_mmkkluK6l81sp6362o1_500.png" />

2 weeks to go :paris: manifesting bonkers bridges :paris: and i really love when she references other music either lyrically or through a particular production move, it's always such a highlight, so manifesting that too (give me more nirvana/pink floyd refs, or any other artist that she's loved throughout her life)

mUENGN9.png

3 hours ago, lover said:

I'm bored let's speculate what songs from previous albums could serve similar vibes as each unheard track :party:

Black Bathing Suit = Tulsa Jesus Freak / 13 Beaches 

If You Lie Down With Me = Pretty When You Cry / Religion 

Beautiful = Video Games / Get Free

Violets For Roses = Change / Bel Air 

Sweet Carolina = Dance Till We Die / Swan Song

Black Bathing Suit = Cherry / Art Deco

If You Lie Down With Me = UFB / Wayamaya

Beautiful = Black Beauty / Heroin

Violets For Roses = Honeymoon / PSB

Sweet Carolina = NAWWAL / COCC

4 hours ago, Thunder Corpse said:

It's not really though. The song is structurd around a dialogue sitation - which obviously requires two people to duet. I don't mean to be offensive or anything, but even though a lot about art is about personal interpretation, some things just aren't.

Oh don't worry, you're not offensive at all! And I actually really appreciate differences in opinions and exchanging them etc. :) I do understand what you're saying, I'm just adding that there's still often lots of room for interpretation, i.e. to me, Dealer isn't a dialogue. To me, both singers are echoing the same sentiment/singing from the same perspective, as one. 

7 hours ago, World At War said:

i know we don't really have any news but i get sad whenever this isn't front page lol hope we officialy get a single before the album (dealer or one of the other leaked songs) just so we have smth to talk about!!

im really hoping for one single at the day of the release of the album just like norman but im not sure :defeated:

tumblr_static_7g61u4n53vk0808w440k8gwoo.

*:・゚✧:・゚✧ i catch you on the flipside ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 

12 minutes ago, Venice said:

Oh don't worry, you're not offensive at all! And I actually really appreciate differences in opinions and exchanging them etc. :) I do understand what you're saying, I'm just adding that there's still often lots of room for interpretation, i.e. to me, Dealer isn't a dialogue. To me, both singers are echoing the same sentiment/singing from the same perspective, as one. 

With all due respect, I think Miles and Lana are on very distant extremes within the emotional spectrum on that song.

IMG-1607.jpg

12 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

I didn't know Living Legend was written with Barrie too :icant: I mean it makes sense timing-wise but it's a nice surprise 

I never looked into Lana's personal life much until the recent year or so, and basically found out today that Barrie is Scottish! :icant: Idk I was just surprised. I wonder what else I don't know :icant: Maybe there's another song on BB with more Barrie? :crying4: 

5 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

With all due respect, I think Miles and Lana are on very distant extremes within the emotional spectrum on that song.

Yeah that's totally ok?? That was my whole point, that people can have v different perspectives! :)

Spoiler

girl i don't give a fuck about what the song means what the song represents what the song wants to say i just don't care for that man's voice and the way lana has so little time on the song

Spoiler

now dealer ft barrie/the weeknd when

21 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

Spoiler

I kind of see both interpretations. I don’t think any of the chorus or verses infer a dialogue. Miles is singing from the withdrawn perspective of someone who’s very clearly trying his best to avoid calls. Lana’s singing from the angry perspective of someone who wants nothing to do with this man anymore. They seem to be channelling different feelings but it’s not a dialogue. 

The only thing I’m torn on is the ending, Lana repeats the message when your phone is blocked/theirs is deactivated, so it’s either she’s calling or it’s just the same feelings being expressed. 

I interpret it the same way as @Venice does, they’re echoing the same sentiments, just different expression of it. Miles even sings on the first chorus too. 

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat