this episode definitely lived up to the hype, probably the best episode since the carnival episode. so glad rue finally clocked jules even tho she was just doing it to deflect.

only thing is i wish maddy found out about nate and cassie a different way, cause their relationship is pretty much the biggest storyline this season and the revelation to maddy felt brushed over cause the episode was so focused on rue.

i love you, but you don't understand me.

Spoiler

I feel bad for saying it but Rue running from the police reminds me of games like GTA and Assassin's Creed. I was wowed by Zendaya's strength. Those scenes confirm why y'all Americans need sharp fences, so junkies can't ruin your outdoor parties. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

Spoiler

okay so i liked this episode, i like the way it showed how an addict lies, manipulates and hurts people and then begs and apologizes, but the drug dealer story line is too unrealistic to me. i also liked that finally something happened in the episode and they actually started interacting with each other instead of just existing next to each other. i hope we see more of the other characters in the next episode. and i hope rue's mess gets sorted out, because i don't really want to watch the next season if it's going to be about rue working as a prostitute

I never meant to be bad or unwell I was just living on the edge right between heaven and hell & I'm tired of it 

I think that Rue would have outed Cassie and Nate in one way or the other. She was looking for ways to deflect everyone's attention and then Cassie stepped in to show support and Rue took the opportunity. Was it tone deaf and awkward? Yes. Were her intentions good? Also yes. Let's not forget that Cassie's dad was an addict so it must break her heart to see one of her friends going through something similar.

What surprised me more was that the moment Rue spilled the beans, neither Maddie nor Kat really cared about the intervention. This says a lot about them. Even Cassies mom, who was witnessing the mess unfold and Cassie being verbally abused, paid more attention to the most important thing at that given moment - helping Rue.

I think Rue has destroyed anything good between her and Cassie/Jules/Fez/Lexi/Ali or even her mom and sister.

D.png

9 hours ago, JessicaAppleBottomJeans said:

The teacher/dealer lady will definitely be the end of Rue. There's a reason why she didn't give Rue the pills and instead used the needle to inject morphine. Because injecting drugs gets you hooked up even more, plus she made sure to leave extra injection marks on Rue's hand. Only God knows what she did to Rue while she was passed out. She probably took some photos to show to potential buyers. I bet she has someone else locked in that room, ready to sell to hu*** tra*******. I don't really like where this story is going, it's too dark for my liking.

not to be dramatic but this episode really did feel so real. i was so captivated towards the end, it didn’t even feel like i was watching a show, i was so stressed for rue :rip: just thinking of what laurie might’ve done to her makes me cringe. i don’t think i can handle a human trafficking plot.

i love you, but you don't understand me.

for some reason i can't stand jules hate. people saying she deserved what rue said to her and glorifying that just seems so immature. what i like about euphoria is that everyone contains multitudes and has their good person and bad person moments (except nate). there's no villain on the show but they don't realize that

15 minutes ago, Honeyyoung said:

for some reason i can't stand jules hate. people saying she deserved what rue said to her and glorifying that just seems so immature. what i like about euphoria is that everyone contains multitudes and has their good person and bad person moments (except nate). there's no villain on the show but they don't realize that

jules shouldnt have told her mum. and jules acts so shocked when she found out rue relapsed, while shes cheating on her. rue doesnt go and tell jules's dad that shes meeting up with old men. jules is really annoying

Spoiler

Why is nobody mentioning the morphine scene? Laurie was probably giving that to Rue to pay for losing her drugs. Her punishment is to start injecting drugs that can lead to heroin addiction. It's chilling. I wonder what were those men doing in the morning? I feel like Laurie is planning to lure Rue into human trafficking without doing it by force. Or into endless prostitution to pay for her 'debt'. She said that she had to sell her body for drugs back in the day and I feel like she was lying about that story so Rue could relate to her and gain Rue's trust. Remember when she told her that she will sell her if anything happens with her drugs? Remember the scratching on the locked door? So yeah, prepare for an antagonist. Cassie and Nate's drama and Cal's mess feels like a kid's play now. 

I hope this series scares their teen audience of drugs. As a teen I've read a book with a similar storyline like Rue's and it messed me up. Some severe drug addicts would literally rape animals if they're dealer promises drugs in return. 

Btw Laurie's voice reminds me of Kourtney Kardashian without the valley girl accent. 

Edit: My friend mentioned the recurring birds in a cage at Laurie's. So creepy. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

14 hours ago, shady said:

Cassie's father was a drug addict, I feel like that was a genuine advice because it's something she had already witnessed. On the other hand, Rue probably wanted to avoid intervention and stir the drama to Cassie. Why did she keep that secret for so long and said it in that moment in front of everyone? 

Rue definitely said it because she knew it would get Maddy very heated, which would cause enough of a distraction for Rue to escape.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

2 hours ago, BartenderDeco said:

jules shouldnt have told her mum. and jules acts so shocked when she found out rue relapsed, while shes cheating on her. rue doesnt go and tell jules's dad that shes meeting up with old men. jules is really annoying

Mmm Rue’s addiction could literally cost her life. This is not the same as telling your mom you’re not doing your school homework - it’s literally the difference between potentially saving Rue’s life or watching her die little by little.

Comparing that to Jules and her own relationship with sex and hookups is just intellectually dishonest.

IMG-7960.jpg

First of all: please, use spoilers...

Spoiler

Just saw the episode. I feel terribly because this is a show which I totally adored during season 1.

These last episodes have oscillated from just narratively clumsy to this last one, which was just terribly painful to watch in terms of how severe the situation has gotten for Rue.

We've seen her almost die in terrible ways many times already since season 1, but it had some kind of meaning in terms of how hope was the prevailing force at the end. Now, all of her suffering didn't seem to be enough for script writers and, ye, why not, lets get her into the hands of human traffickers. The sole perspective of her just being on the edge of going down that route (may it end up or not happening) is just too much for me to handle as someone who's built empathy towards the character. And it's not even justified. When writers just have more and more violence and suffering to add in order to keep the show going, maybe it just isnt a good idea to continue with it.

It's not like there weren't any other possible ways for Rue to navigate as a person with consumption problems. It just would have taken more creative minds to think of another engaging stories that could cast some light and hope towards her. 

I'm a bit troubled right now as I'm not sure if I want to keep watching the show anymore at all. I'm not enjoying this last season and watching this last episode just felt like psychological torture. I'm not here for this weird, almost sadistic way to approach the story. 

Spoiler

ep 5 was really hard for a lot of reasons. i feel sick every time this sex trafficking sideplot comes up. I'm really hoping it doesn't become a larger thing but it seems like we're heading in that direction..

small-sq-lana-del-rey-ultraviolence.gife4d193ad6825522455102e1518efe3d6835b52da

6 hours ago, sjatib said:

First of all: please, use spoilers...

Hide contents

Just saw the episode. I feel terribly because this is a show which I totally adored during season 1.

These last episodes have oscillated from just narratively clumsy to this last one, which was just terribly painful to watch in terms of how severe the situation has gotten for Rue.

We've seen her almost die in terrible ways many times already since season 1, but it had some kind of meaning in terms of how hope was the prevailing force at the end. Now, all of her suffering didn't seem to be enough for script writers and, ye, why not, lets get her into the hands of human traffickers. The sole perspective of her just being on the edge of going down that route (may it end up or not happening) is just too much for me to handle as someone who's built empathy towards the character. And it's not even justified. When writers just have more and more violence and suffering to add in order to keep the show going, maybe it just isnt a good idea to continue with it.

It's not like there weren't any other possible ways for Rue to navigate as a person with consumption problems. It just would have taken more creative minds to think of another engaging stories that could cast some light and hope towards her. 

I'm a bit troubled right now as I'm not sure if I want to keep watching the show anymore at all. I'm not enjoying this last season and watching this last episode just felt like psychological torture. I'm not here for this weird, almost sadistic way to approach the story. 

Exactly how i've been feeling about the show recently 😥

mUENGN9.png

Spoiler

trafficking is a scary scary topic . Something that seems to be so far from our lives but in fact is really close to our world . It’s too close to just brush it off or say that it just happens in the movies . If the show actually follows this direction , even though it will be extremely hard to watch , it will be a depiction of events that are part of reality.. a cruel reality

It is just so hard  to think that there are people around us that are not free or have to endure this kind of exploitation . These people might me in bars we frequent or in tourist attractions in many wellknown destinations and so on .. 

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆