Rust Dress

Russia’s invasion into Ukraine

Just now, House of Balloons said:

i'm more baffled by the 'personnel' that apparently works in the nuclear power plant :awkney: do they just like...shovel nuclear waste?

I think it's still being decommissioned, so probably

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

The fact that there are fights outside of a decommissioned nuclear power plant .. out of a region that is considered still very dangerous . I’ve read that if the plant is not taken care of properly the site where the accident happened can still emit radiation .. 

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

4 minutes ago, baddisease said:

fuck joe biden

putting someone on mq bc you don't like what they say is bad.

Thanks. Like, it's a joke. Obviously I'm not condoning the harm of innocent civilians, it's just that Putin's proprietorial nature toward Ukraine is rooted in history that precedes even the formation of the Soviet Union. It's a really complex situation. 

3 minutes ago, Gorgeous Gardenia said:

Thanks. Like, it's a joke. Obviously I'm not condoning the harm of innocent civilians, it's just that Putin's proprietorial nature toward Ukraine is rooted in history that precedes even the formation of the Soviet Union. It's a really complex situation. 

that's what a colonist would say 

1 minute ago, House of Balloons said:

that's what a colonist would say 

Almost every human society and civilization in the history of the world has resulted from some form colonialism. We're lucky to be living in a time where war in Europe seems like a complete absurdity. Prolonged peacetime in Europe is a recent phenomenon. 

3 minutes ago, Gorgeous Gardenia said:

Almost every human society and civilization in the history of the world has resulted from some form colonialism. We're lucky to be living in a time where war in Europe seems like a complete absurdity. Prolonged peacetime in Europe is a recent phenomenon. 

and by Europe you mean western Europe right?

2 minutes ago, Gorgeous Gardenia said:

just because something has happened before doesn't mean it has to happen over and over again. colonizing a land is a crime against its people, it literally serves no greater purpose than to steal and kill. 

Just now, Voignamir said:

and by Europe you mean western Europe right?

What are you trying to prove? I understand that conflict in Crimea has been long standing, and of course the situation in Bosnia Herzegovina is relatively recent. Nonetheless, the era of great conquests and acquisitions of land by Empires throughout Europe has been at standstill for some time. Ukranians -- until now -- have been living normal lives. I hope that whatever happens, the situation resolves itself as soon as possible, and with as little bloodshed as possible. 

1 minute ago, House of Balloons said:

just because something has happened before doesn't mean it has to happen over and over again. colonizing a land is a crime against its people, it literally serves no greater purpose than to steal and kill. 

I'm not condoning this. I'm explaining the rationale and precedence here. I believe Ukraine deserves sovereignty. I also understand that its territories have been indistinguishably linked to Russia for over 400 years. I think Zelenskyy should put aside his pride, understand he is dealing with a dictator, and cease any aim for buddyship with U.S. through NATO if it means protecting his people. 

2 minutes ago, Gorgeous Gardenia said:

What are you trying to prove? I understand that conflict in Crimea has been long standing, and of course the situation in Bosnia Herzegovina is relatively recent. Nonetheless, the era of great conquests and acquisitions of land by Empires throughout Europe has been at standstill for some time. Ukranians -- until now -- have been living normal lives. I hope that whatever happens, the situation resolves itself as soon as possible, and with as little bloodshed as possible. 

I'm really not in mood for fighting so I'm just gonna say I agree with you here

What a lot of people need to learn is how to have empathy for situations that don't involve them specifically. Going online and shitposting about a situation that's literally killing people (especially if it's not actively hurting you) isn't okay in any form. All in all, I hope for what we all hope for: resolution and the smallest amount of casualties possible. 

imageproxy.jpg

Just now, Gorgeous Gardenia said:

I'm not condoning this. I'm explaining the rationale and precedence here. I believe Ukraine deserves sovereignty. I also understand that its territories have been indistinguishably linked to Russia for over 400 years. I think Zelenskyy should put aside his pride, understand he is dealing with a dictator, and cease any aim for buddyship with U.S. through NATO if it means protecting his people. 

i understand that you're not condoning the situation, but i just want to make it clear that being 'indistinguishably linked' to a land does not give you the right to invade it. this is the exact argument the zionists use to justify the israelian occupation. :awkney: