lili

LanaBoards Writing a Song for Lana Project

1 hour ago, lili said:

EDIT: Okay, so this started with the idea of what we could come up with if we tried to write a Lana song ourselves. Due to the stressful nature of anticipating the new album, we thought this could be entertaining. We thought of @takeitdoen and @Clampigirl as singers if they would be willing to, of course. @Glitter Boy volunteered to produce, and we would like to see @plastiscguy on the production team as well if he's down for it. I volunteered to help with the lyrics and would like some collaborators! @BlueINK mentioned they want to be in charge of the visuals team aaand here are some lyrical themes suggested by the one and only @Clampigirl:

Classic Lana themes:

• Blue everything
  • Dresses: white, red, black
  • Summerrrrr
  • or the end of summerrrrr
  • Introspective thoughts on a perfectly ordinary day
  • Lana being smarter than the dude she's dating but he doesn't know she has him figured out
  • Sad love

Anyone is much welcome to participate and offer opinions!

Wooooow!!!, sounds amazing, I would love to contribute in some way :yesnod:

ezgif-3-d7619d8ad8.gif

Woah, this is such a cool idea! I’d love to help if there are spots available!

I’m not really sure where I would be needed most, but I really enjoy writing and making melodies!

Although I’m mostly familiar with piano and have a string setting on it as well, I’m in the process of learning how to play my acoustic and electric guitars, so just let me know :) 

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

It's interesting to think about the kind of vibe chosen for this project cause if we opt for a BB/COCC sound, we'd have a song that is heavily piano (and basically the same 4 chords throughout) and the lyricism is different than the rest of her catalogue, a wordy, more poetry-ish style :oopna2:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

1 hour ago, lili said:

Okay, with themes suggested in the original post, could you guys add more ideas so I can pile them in one place and we can have a lyrical theme vote? 

I think we definitely need a story to build from. 

no offense to anyone but if we want a cheesy song i'll look over stuff but don't wanna be credited for it if it's really bad,

maybe we can do 2? 

UV/Honeymoon

1 minute ago, plastiscguy said:

It's interesting to think about the kind of vibe chosen for this project cause if we opt for a BB/COCC sound, we'd have a song that is heavily piano (and basically the same 4 chords throughout) and the lyricism is different than the rest of her catalogue, a wordy, more poetry-ish style :oopna2:

i personally think we should go for a born to die/paradise sound since that's her most recognizable, anything atmospheric and lucious (as long as our "producers" can handle that task lol)

Lana Del Rey Shades Of Cool Gif

i ' m  y o u r  l i t t l e  q u e e n ✵ r e d , w h i t e , a n d  b l u e 

Should we put "iphone" "ipad" / any apple devices in her lyrics?

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

Here are some random lyrical motifs I thought I’d add as possibilities (hopefully they haven’t been mentioned yet lol): 

-Religious parallels

-Poet/poetry reference 

-Ultra-specific location for the setting lol

-Fire/the sun/stars/space

-Americana seen through a dark lens 

-Apocalyptic undertones 

-Existential/reflective themes 

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

31 minutes ago, Nova Times said:

no offense to anyone but if we want a cheesy song i'll look over stuff but don't wanna be credited for it if it's really bad,

44UkizA.gif

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg