Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

5 minutes ago, BoDaToe said:

Tayter likes Lana tho so probably won’t release on the same day to give her at least a week at 1 or 2.

I also don’t think Miley will be that hard to beat. Most people on the vinyl pages I follow are gagging her for using ugly/basic colors that don’t match the artwork. Or they aren’t buying because it’s too expensive for a 1LP. Lana definitely has the pure sales in the bag and tbh that’s all I really care about.

Yeah but she doesn’t like miley apparently and is a fake bitch in general (tbf which other artist, especially female ones, does that girl not have a problem with) 

same i actually haven’t seen many people outside of 42 year old atrlrs talk about her or that album :deadbanana: 

Lana and her 26 vinyl variants will eat her up, streaming wise we’ll see if miley gets a hit but if it’s yet another flop from her it’ll be crickets. + lana has a rabid cult fanbase who’d buy jars full of her farts, miley doesn’t really have a fanbase at all :rip:

will be fun either way, the first 3 months of a new year are always so boring and empty pop culture/music wise 

Lmao imagine, if it looks like miley’s going to go number 1 so Taylor drops one of her re-recorded albums to block her :dua: it would be so iconic

But anyway I don’t think Lana has much to worry about. Like I said b4, tiktok is absolutely OBSESSED with her. If they found out about Lanaboards it would be so crazy in here

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

15 minutes ago, BoDaToe said:

Tayter likes Lana tho so probably won’t release on the same day to give her at least a week at 1 or 2.

I also don’t think Miley will be that hard to beat. Most people on the vinyl pages I follow are gagging her for using ugly/basic colors that don’t match the artwork. Or they aren’t buying because it’s too expensive for a 1LP. Lana definitely has the pure sales in the bag and tbh that’s all I really care about.

Taylor likes Lana so much that gave her a few seconds on SOTB :um2:

Speaking of Miley, idc about her album and charts that much but what's making me a little bit mad is that the whole concept of releasing on ex's bday and then the whole album on the same day as Lana is not fair. I cannot believe that she was not 'inspired' by Lana :horror: and I feel like she's stealing Lana's spotlight this way.

It's like Miley said the same joke but louder and she's praised for that :rip:

Anyways can't wait for A&W :flutter:

as i mentioned earlier, Sweet wasn't gonna be that short. i expect being that around 3:50. one of the shortest but not short. still long for streaming era

7 minutes ago, Pale Fire said:

Like I said b4, tiktok is absolutely OBSESSED with her. If they found out about Lanaboards it would be so crazy in here

I’d kill myself that day and i’m not joking :eartha2:

okay i really don’t care about charts but i must have a warped perception of how rabid miley‘s fans are because as someone pointed out here, wow Chemtrails and it’s 0 promotion outsold Plastic Hearts first week by 15,000 💀 that’s actually crazy to me i thought miley was so much more popular than that

3 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

okay i really don’t care about charts but i must have a warped perception of how rabid miley‘s fans are because as someone pointed out here, wow Chemtrails and it’s 0 promotion outsold Plastic Hearts first week by 15,000 💀 that’s actually crazy to me i thought miley was so much more popular than that

There was some drama surrounding the physicals. I think she released on Thanksgiving or black friday and apparently a lot of stores don't put new things on stock those days or something like that :thumb2:

(This could just be stans excuses for "underperforming" I remember seeing a couple of tweets when the numbers came out and people were a bit shocked cause the singles did relatively well)

But yeah she's not that great of a seller. Her last era did good and she has some hype tho... she's releasing the single next friday I think so we'll see how well she does 

I hope it's as good as her last one cause I really liked it (But March 10th is Lana's day sorry I won't be able to listen to anything else :hide:

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Sportscruiser said:

Not that it matters that much but am I the only one who has the feeling this one will have a reception similar to NFR? It won’t carry the same “omg Lana is actually one of the best songwriters we have!” narrative because that has already been consolidated but I genuinely think this album will be the portal to a new stage of her career ala Fiona Apple where her albums will get consistently raved and talked about. I can see Pitchfork creaming themselves over this one (long tracks, conceptually dense, unusual use of features, etc) as opposed to the most modest reaction Chemtrails and BB had. This one feels more ambitious and perhaps a more incisive statement from her. 

For me, it will be the real successor to the NFR. I respect the last two albums a lot and love them, but I believe that Chemtrails was purposefully understated, whereas Blue Banisters was a deal-breaker.

5 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:

“or the interludes are also long and the 5+ songs are close to reaching 6 minute mark :chick1:

From BOZ. so both interludes are fairly long, and there’s many songs almost 6 minutes

ahhhh

Oop!

Ok so from what I am gathering is that there will be a few songs that might not be interludes that are very short, interludes that are longer than we expected (2-3 minutes) but many songs between the 4-6 minute range

I remember him saying some songs are much longer than others. I would say we should expect some White Mustang length tracks

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Only Lana would include interludes on her album and it be a longer song :defeated:

Unfortunately that means that the pastor song is also long, but that doesn’t really matter to me personally. I don’t have anything against the pastor interlude 

"Don’t forget me"

I’m really curious about these interludes.

I wonder if the non-pastor interlude will be a poem of hers read aloud? An instrumental? Maybe even something like the Ride monologue?:excited:

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

1 minute ago, LifeOnMars said:

This is what he said about the pastor interlude “it's over 4 minutes of him SCREAMING, it's a very brain-frying moment but I grew to not skip it somehow”. 

oh no :bebe: maybe I spoke to soon. If he’s not skipping it though it must not be terrible 

"Don’t forget me"

2 minutes ago, LifeOnMars said:

This is what he said about the pastor interlude “it's over 4 minutes of him SCREAMING, it's a very brain-frying moment but I grew to not skip it somehow”. 

:toofloppy:

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

4 minutes ago, LifeOnMars said:

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47d6a5txv5rtvxvfgckn

I love the idea of a screaming brain-frying moment, but not from Judah Smith :crai:

The pastor is screaming because he’s enacting Lana’s inner RAGE! :scream: But seriously - that sounds interesting, and ties nicely into what she said about how she’s “angry” on this record. I imagine that translates into moments of frustration, which Lana always channels beautifully and thoughtfully into her songwriting. 

4 minutes ago, LifeOnMars said:

somehow this is giving very charlie vibes maybe he was in the studio mixing the screams 

sUcVobB.png