Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

I definitely think for better or worse-Jacks production skills were shaped via Lana and not vice versa-there’s a big difference between his style on Taylor’s old records and melodrama to NFR- it was a style they founded together and he just liked it so much he continuously refines and reuses it for solar power, those folk Taylor albums etc -later Lana stuff 

People expecting trap hop, urban sounding song from Tommy Genesis collab are going to disappointed (myself and others). BOZ kinda hinted it’s nothing of that sort nothing like Tommy’s music. I’m expecting another Mike Dean situation 💀.

But something like God Sent would devour considering the theme of this album but Lana would rather make another soft piano ballad :rip:.

tommy has been on my playlist for years i love them so much

but very much not expecting this sound on ocean :xgiggle:

i love the single though so if thats anything to go off we won 

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

33 minutes ago, your dealer said:

I think the grants will be less about her siblings and current times and more so inspired by her father, his siblings, and her grandparents.

If you recall she posted a short story / poem back in February "How we built a home" it starts with "My dad and his brothers built my grandma and grandpa's house out of giant Lincoln logs. We lived at the bottom of Cobble hill with our very own trail up to the top of the smallest mountain in the Adirondacks. It was cold in the summer so the fire was always burning and every time I drive through Monte Nido it's full of wood-fire smoke and it reminds me of their house and the Giant owls that would hoo all night long."

I feel like these photos and stories influenced her and  I'm honestly getting 60s/70s ethereal night time camp fire Jame's Tayloresque vibes. I can imagine her singing about this in sort of a story teller type of way. 

FLMof1cXIAsN8CE_50.jpegFLMogQZXEAAWFdL_50.jpegFLMof1gXEAI2rz8_50.jpeg

I so agree with you! her grandparents for suuuure. and I can't wait because I was very close to my grandparents as well and my admiration for both of them is endless as they were extremely talented and unique individuals. so I relate to how she feels about her grandparents a lot. lana's grandma passed away one year ago and mine passed 2 years ago (her death anniversary was 16 days ago) and she has made so many posts about them in the last year, especially her grandmother, that I think she felt inspired to write a song about or that includes them. I'm ready to cry my eyes out to this :kris: 

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

Today is a wonderful day for Lana to drop the tracklist :oprah3:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

12 minutes ago, Map of LA said:

Today is a wonderful day for Lana to drop the tracklist :oprah3:

As much as I want to see that tracklist so bad, i expect another single before the tracklist: it would make sense to delay any leak possible by not revealing too much too soon. We still have three months to go. 

47 minutes ago, Map of LA said:

I love your posts. You always back up your thoughts and beliefs regarding aesthetic craft on this forum with rationality, logic, and fairness. I was more so talking about a general consensus that because Lana is writing music about her family or her personal history, that the music is immediately dismissed or seen as not good because someone cannot relate to it. I can't "relate" to living in a trailer park or any of its lyrical themes outside of Oh Say Can You See, yet AKA is one of my all-time favorite records. I understand where you were coming from completely and do agree with you.

Thank you kindly. I appreciate your saying so. I have older siblings who listen to a lot of 70s music, and so I became acquainted with Carly Simon's work from all periods, and while she's always been dismissed by the critics as 'coming from a NYC upper middle family who bought her a career, who writes about the middle class'--does some of that sound familiar?--it's true her father was the Simon of 'Simon & Shuster'--but I consider her a genuine artist, though she did, later in her career (much of which is still brilliant) churn out some would-be hits that were clearly just concoctions.

Look at Blondie--they've written songs about aliens (twice), 'the Palestinian/Israeli' conflict, the Beatles, an interstellar space race, bank robberies, suicidal young lovers, hoboes, juvenile delinquents, ESP, gay mafia members, 'sex offenders,' etc.--nothing is off the table in terms of subject or theme for them. 

And the same is true of Kate Bush, who shared several subjects with Blondie and wrote about secret government sound experiments, bank robberies, inter-country theft in Europe, Houdini, ghosts and hauntings, Aboriginal bush traditions and myths, spreading her mother's ashes, suicide, an act of incest leading to pregnancy (and then suicide), 'making deals with God,' budding psychopaths being sheltered by their mothers, Wilhelm Reich, drowning witches, the earth being destroyed by an asteroid as the planet waits and watches and the seas rise, etc.  

So any subject is worthy and 'on the table.' Nothing should be off limits. Bush even wrote 'The Infant Kiss,' suggested by the 1962 film, 'The Innocents,' about two young children possessed--or not possessed--by ghosts (is it only in the governess's mind?), and Bush sings about a young boy kissing her romantically and her initial attraction and then her comprehension of what was taking place and her rejection of the act.  

So I don't care what Lana sings about, theoretically, which is why I love 'Live or Die' in the original--to me it's one of the great songs of all time, at least in the rock tradition, as Lana, or the narrator/speaker/singer, a cheerleader of death and carnage, cheers while slaughtering people randomly--to me, it's a brilliant look into a psychopathic mind, and a female one. In the past, she steps into other skins a lot more frequently than she does now.

So 'OB' could bring us anything and hopefully does. It seems like Lana's wheelhouse is emotions, relationships, feelings, disappointment, frustration, longing, etc., but there was a time when people thought that that was all that Kate Bush could sing about too. 

BOZ said that The Grants should have been the album title, as well as the track that should be featured in the album trailer (that will never be made lol) . So I highly doubt that this is going to be a "simple" piano ballad about her family like Sweet Carolina (which is a song that I absolutely adore by the way). I also agree with those of you who said that she'll probably talk about her ancestors. Anyway, she never disappoints with opening tracks. :true:

I listened to the song while walking around in the forest , there was snow,  the trees were frozen , the sky looked gorgeous. The strings in the intro and the deep breath worked so good with the icy landscape it was so meditative :krylie:Ocean Blvd was such a beautiful  soundtrack for that walk, it was amazing highly recommend to do this:wowcry:

I put two photos of the landscape in the spoiler 

Spoiler

nrSCANT.jpg

G7bRX4F.jpg

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

The piano debate again :pls: Do I dare to repeat myself by saying that many of her songs, prior to BB and Chem, have piano at the core melody but are often juxtaposed with other production elements / instruments? 

Lana NEVER disappoints with her album openers. I am not worried in the slightest about The Grants. 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

26 minutes ago, salvatorelovesyou said:

my god, I hate that guy with the anime image.

It's annoying. Yes, you may not have liked something that your favorite artist released and you can talk about it, but imagine posting the same shit over and over again complaining about the same thing, get over it.

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

2 minutes ago, DeadSeaOfMercury said:

Lana is not capable of releasing a bad album,

She is the greatest Artist of our time.

This will be Album of the year 2023…

:agree:

Totally agree. 
but I’m also preparing myself to not love all the tracks on first listen or even find myself asking « WTF? » at times. I think this album will throw us some curveballs, which I totally love :blush3:

She seems to be taking some risks with this one.