Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

1 minute ago, West Coast said:

Reveal hidden contents

I'm still very much cautiously excited for the album, loved A&W, loved some elements in the title track. But you've basically described the album as the natural evolution of NFR at this point and that does hinder with my excitement for the album. :azealia:

Spoiler

There’s something for everyone. I mean, A&W had a Lizzy Grant influence in the 2nd half. Expect the unexpected. 

4 minutes ago, West Coast said:

I'm never going to rebuke tidbits of information, but we're basically getting an album's description in details and it leaves little to no place for surprise at this point lmao. :derpna:

i mean no description is going to evoke the same feeling as actually listening to a song, i listened to A&W fully ready for what was coming but i still left fully shook. unless insiders start listing chord progressions tempo and all of the lyrics i think we're still in for a ride

Just now, PatentLeatherDoOver said:
  Hide contents

Kintsugi said Peppers sounds like Angelina, but we’ve also heard it was heavily produced again (assuming they didn’t mean reproduce in the literal sense)? 

I guess we’ll see:illumilana:

Spoiler

Ya honestly some of info Rosemead spilled felt really conflicting with stuff Kinstugi spilled so I’m even more confused about the album now:cryney:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

Just now, PatentLeatherDoOver said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Kintsugi said Peppers sounds like Angelina, but we’ve also heard it was heavily produced again (assuming they didn’t mean reproduce in the literal sense)? 

I guess we’ll see:illumilana:

What I'm getting from all this information is that the "hands on your knees, Angelina Jolie" sounds like the Tommy Genesis song it comes from, but the rest of the track is completely different. Kintsugi only said 'that lyric sounds like the song it's sampled from'

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

5 minutes ago, Honeyyoung said:
  Hide contents

my boyfriend tested positive

for covid it don’t matter 

we’ve been kissing so whatever

(we've been kissing so whatever)

now let me put my hands on your knees
i'm angelina jolie

Hide contents

Tulla Luana Funk GIF - Tulla Luana Funk Bunda - Discover ...

angelina-jolie-laughing.gif

6 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

The only thing an insider revealed that "ruined" anything for me so far is BoZ revealing that A&W was two parts. THAT ruined the surprise. I still have zero clue what any of these songs are going to sound like. 

Tbh i always find the song descriptions from people who hear songs early are always so terribly articulated it has zero impact on my listening experience.

2 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

Hide contents

What I'm getting from all this information is that the "hands on your knees, Angelina Jolie" sounds like the Tommy Genesis song it comes from, but the rest of the track is completely different. Kintsugi only said 'that lyric sounds like the song it's sampled from'

That’s really interesting! The song it samples isn’t my favorite ever, but I do hope it retains that fun, vibey element—holding out cautious hope for Miss Peppers:et:

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

yeah, I'm not worried about any rankings bc they all have A&W as #1 or close to it and I don't think it'll be in my Top 3 even tho I love it (no shade A&W!!!). 

Some of you heard the phrase "world building" from the Billboard interview and ran with it, without even being able to describe what it means. 

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 minute ago, anwdelrey said:

She needs to go back to world building I fear

Honestly, that comment she made bothered me. She has it in her to do it, she basically said so. Nothing wrong with the slower/mellower music with mouthful/stream of consciousness lyrics, but knowing she knows how to do that bombastic/world building type of music, but decides not to... she's doing herself a disservice--now she's fully entitled to do what she wants, but it'd be nice if she spiced things up a little.

I think she could very well do both and not chose one over the other. :xgiggle:

Just now, littleredpartydress said:

LIKE :awkney:

What did any of this information have to do with that phrase? Where is the correlation?