BartenderDeco

Lana signed an open letter to President Joe Biden, thanking him for his ‘leadership’ and calling for the release of all Hamas hostages.

22 minutes ago, Crimson and Clover said:

A bit awkward considering they sent this right after the other letter written signed by the 55 generally more well-liked celebrities calling for a ceasefire in Gaza..either way, writing a letter literally does nothing for anyoneeee but virtue signal 

https://www.artists4ceasefire.org/

This is what makes me realize she more or less had a choice to sign one of the two letters. And imo she made the wrong one, alongside the most boring neoliberal losers in Hollywood

tumblr-offofn-R8-LN1qj7kyho1-640.gif

.・゜゜・ ⋆·˚ ༘ * GIVE PEACE A CHANCE  ˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ ・゜゜・.

Just because Lana wants civilian hostages freed, doesn't mean she's "pro right wing Israeli gov" or "Anti Palestine." Could she do more to support Palestinians, sure, but the idea that people are upset with this one opinion that hostages should be free is just baffling to me.

TBH, it could also be argued that she and others could have done MORE to support the Jewish community after the 10/7 attacks, which resulted in the greatest loss of jewish life since the Holocaust, and yet you people are upset about a letter advocating for the freeing of hostages?

Genuinely shocked at this community right now....

5 hours ago, CinnamonOnMyTeeth said:

The way that I haven’t been on lana boards since July and I signed back in just to read about this :biblio: idk what to think but I’m still gonna listen to her music tbh

as u should:true: we all will:oprah3:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

4 hours ago, taco truck said:

I don’t understand this, the letter is directly related to the conflict and I feel like to give context and talk about the letter you have to talk about the conflict…?

I'm with you on this. We can discuss the letter... but not the reason behind the exact same letter? Weird.

Since I have no intention of going to another thread and starting the convo, I will tap out

4 hours ago, taco truck said:

I don’t understand this, the letter is directly related to the conflict and I feel like to give context and talk about the letter you have to talk about the conflict…?

Literally 

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

This letter says nothing wrong and Lana can put her name to it if she likes, like the many other celebrities who have. The criticism some people seem to have is what the letter doesn’t say. I personally think that celebrities shouldn’t sign open letters which tend to be broad and bland. If they really feel they must comment, a statement should be personally issued so it can be more nuanced. I can only imagine the pressure to sign them though and avoid the “Lana Del Rey refuses to condemn terrorists” stories. If you feel it’s a mistake, it’s a small one and doesn’t mean anything anyway. Stop holding her to some sort of impossible standard please. She’s just trying to be empathetic. 

19 minutes ago, Andrew said:

This letter says nothing wrong and Lana can put her name to it if she likes, like the many other celebrities who have. The criticism some people seem to have is what the letter doesn’t say. I personally think that celebrities shouldn’t sign open letters which tend to be broad and bland. If they really feel they must comment, a statement should be personally issued so it can be more nuanced. I can only imagine the pressure to sign them though and avoid the “Lana Del Rey refuses to condemn terrorists” stories. If you feel it’s a mistake, it’s a small one and doesn’t mean anything anyway. Stop holding her to some sort of impossible standard please. She’s just trying to be empathetic. 

More than 5,000 people have been wiped out off the face of the planet.

I'm sorry, but signing a letter in support of the man who is openly on the side of the aggressor and thanking him is not a "small" mistake.

She should have signed the other letter where Blanchett's name was. I love her, but she failed. Miserably.

I don't wanna throw any stereotypes that all Jewish people are pro-Israel and anti-Palestine, not all Jewish people are like that but I noticed that most of the people who signed the letter are also known to be Jewish and it reminded me how some of people here noticed that few months ago, Lana seemed to be wearing David's Star necklace and also her alleged fiancé Evan Winiker is also Jewish, if I remember it right? Maybe it's her way to support jewish people? I mean obviously she didn't have any bad intentions signing that letter...it's just very tone deaf because we all know what's happening to people in Palestine

url%5D

10 hours ago, Rivers said:

That's an appeal to geography. If a person says "you don't understand a issue" without actually ever addressing the points of the person's argument, they are avoiding the issue. If you want to respectfully address the issues I have brought up you can ping me in a political channel. 

Or maybe it isn't their job to explain the situation in THEIR country to you so they simply ... don't? 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

We all love Lana and I 100% get where you're coming from but the letter clearly has a meaning that can easily be found. Thanking Biden for what? It is no doubt one of her poorest decisions and she should have known and thought more about the issue before blatantly signing it. Of course we know she has good intentions, but the world really isn't really all about intentions. Actions speak louder than intentions, which is why one should always be careful when doing something that one doesn't know much about. It is not that hard to find historical facts about what had actually happened for 70+ years in Palestine. At least it wasn't for me I guess.. People twisting her words is not a new thing at all but it does hurt to see that happening when she gets dragged right & left every time she does something random.

17 hours ago, Fetiche said:

The way y’all talk about Lana as if you personally know her or own her is so weird. How can you faithfully call her ignorant?

Because of countless other instances I've observed. Not saying she is always ignorant, but in political situations such as these I think she can be

Mm9Nf5Z.gif

"I want to stay home, be left alone- Someone make up my mind so I don't have to decide"

https://www.last.fm/user/fakeeyelash13- my last fm <33

6 hours ago, Embach said:

Lana seemed to be wearing David's Star necklace and also her alleged fiancé Evan Winiker is also Jewish, if I remember it right?

Evan Winiker seems to have signed the letter as well, so maybe he passed it along to her?

9 minutes ago, cherrycolalime said:

Evan Winiker seems to have signed the letter as well, so maybe he passed it along to her?

Oh yeah you’re right his name is on there. I was wondering who could have passed the letter along to her, since I can’t remember of another time when she has even gotten involved in something like this. 

17 minutes ago, LifeOnMars said:

Oh yeah you’re right his name is on there. I was wondering who could have passed the letter along to her, since I can’t remember of another time when she has even gotten involved in something like this. 

like literally the worst time to decide to get involved in something so complex as this matter :bebe:

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

1 hour ago, cherrycolalime said:

So it's kinda confirmed that they're still together? :judgingu3:

url%5D