DNC

Lana to be featured on TV series "The New Look" soundtrack with a cover of "Blue Skies" - OUT NOW!

i love it :trisha: this style of music/singing fits lana's voice so well

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

18 hours ago, NikoGo said:

The song is out at midnight in your time zone.  

do NOT ask for a link/dm/source for the song, asking for links to music that is to be released is against the rules and will result in a warning point 

what if i want the link of the spotify so i can listen to it? is it somewhere where i can get that?

I’m sorry but what’s the problem with the outro that everybody’s complaining 😭?? Everyone was describing it as if it was the worst thing ever and it’s a normal outro? Just a bit more psychedelic which I don’t mind at all 

btw this has to be my favourite non-album single she has released in the past years, I hope they use it in an episode!!

13.04.2018 Rome - Lana wore my hat! 

Dying by the hand of a foreign man, Happily
Calling out my name in the summer rain, Ciao amore

38 minutes ago, MakingOut said:

what if i want the link of the spotify so i can listen to it? is it somewhere where i can get that?

Yes, you can request official links for commercially released content, such as for Spotify, Apple Music, and other legal streaming services or online music retailers. I advise though that you please be specific about this in your request - requesting a general link without specifying you are looking for an official streaming/purchasing link may be interpreted as looking for an illegal download link. If another member replies with an illegal download link, that member who shared the illegal link will be banned as this creates potential danger for our site.

Here is the official Spotify link for the song: https://open.spotify.com/track/0CDCpePQ4vclmWAM6St8w6?si=fc998634844740ce

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

On 2/14/2024 at 12:15 PM, IanadeIrey said:

She sounds incredible and her voice is so crisp and clear. That makes me excited for how she’ll sound on the songs recorded in 2023/2024 for Lasso since it’s been almost a year and a half since the very last vocals for Ocean Blvd were recorded (September 2022 with Margaret).

The summer mini live shows/tour helped her voice a lot. She sounds 2012 - 2013 here (Henry Come On and this). Strong low notes. Less slurring. More concise singing/wording. We can understand what she’s singing again. She sounds freer (like you can hear her voice is more open and relaxed). More flexible. Chestier. You’d think touring would make her sound worse (like a lot of other artists). Also, this is why I don’t mind her singing less in shows. She needs to preserve her voice. So many signers lose their voice because of touring. But in Lana’s case, the opposite happened. She sounds better during the tour and after it. The consistent usage exercised her voice after not being used much at all during the pandemic period.

As much as I love OB, she sounds very constricted on most of that album. Listening to the album always gives me an image of a boiling kettle in my mind. The squeaky sound :toofunny:. Like it’s about to burst. Actually, her voice was like that when she started the 2023 live shows. The Brazil shows (MITA festival) was like that. Her throat was dry and tight. She sounded horse and constricted. Thankfully her voice gradually got better and better with the subsequent shows.

It's gorgeous and I love it!! 

I wish she sang for longer, because oh my gosh does she sound beautiful. The song simply isn't long enough. I actually love the outro, it gives a beautiful vintage space-y sound that's dreamy but slightly eerie too. I'm reminded of Pink Floyd's "Echoes" and "Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun" in some of those really ambient sounds, but it also reminds me of the video game Bioshock Infinite :agree:

The production is really interesting. I love the "old vinyl" sound. The vocal layering at the end of the singing section took me awhile to get used to!!! Her low register sounds gorgeously rich - it seems like we're all noticing in more and more performances she's getting that classic 2010-low back. And the higher octaves here? STUNNING! 

I would love for Lana and Jack to explore the spacey jazz-rock-blues Pink Floyd-Ella Fitzgerald-Etta James type sound more :wowcry:

The cicadas in the sunset are your guide

5 hours ago, Thats why they call me Dita said:

the outro wasn’t giving me jazz either.. its something like 70s psychedelic but I can’t put my finger on it

Yes it's definitely 100% giving late 60s/early 70s Pink Floyd for me! 

Weirdly my OH says he can hear some Pink Floyd-esque instrumentation in Lana's other songs. This is probably the first time I've noticeably heard it. I realllllllllly hope its explored more in her work after Lasso :illumilana2:

The cicadas in the sunset are your guide

the outro with the ad libs made me think i died mid-song and was going to heaven for a sec… wow… absolutely gorgeous

ascension-sponge-bob.gif

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

5 minutes ago, The Sun Also Rises said:

Yes it's definitely 100% giving late 60s/early 70s Pink Floyd for me! 

Weirdly my OH says he can hear some Pink Floyd-esque instrumentation in Lana's other songs. This is probably the first time I've noticeably heard it. I realllllllllly hope its explored more in her work after Lasso :illumilana2:

Weirdly enough I had a burning desire to listen to ummagumma today.. now that kind of makes sense!

and definitely, I hear it a lot, I noticeably heard it in the JB interlude and in kintsugi too.. so I’m hoping she continues to explore that too!

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues 

Nothing but blue skies from now on :oprah9:

I really love the outro. She sounds like she is a ghost trapped in an abandoned space station. Really love those late sixties-seventies retro space aesthetics. Broken Bells went with those sounds on their latest and it’s glorious. 

Lana needs to come back to jazz for a full album or an EP