Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

12 minutes ago, Mer said:

someone on here once said something along the lines of “Lana is a much more tragic figure in her own mind than she ever has been IRL” and I will never stop thinking about it 💀

i know negativity shouts louder than positive comments and she probably pays more attention to the negative stuff but DAMN MA you cant think ppl hate your work so much :tiffany4: still not over her thinking we hate the upbeat OB tracks

SIX-925-F28-EF-3396-4432-B041-EEFD43-EF3

Spoiler

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

Just now, ultrabanisters said:

i know negativity shouts louder than positive comments and she probably pays more attention to the negative stuff but DAMN MA you cant think ppl hate your work so much :tiffany4: still not over her thinking we hate the upbeat OB tracks

Fr, if anything people hate the slow/slower songs from ob… but you all aren’t ready for that.

33 minutes ago, ultrabanisters said:

me when i lie for fun because that room was NOT silent... shes so seek

People literally cheered :deadbanana:

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

3 minutes ago, Marius said:

What the hell American Songbook songs means :stareney2:

it’s not an actual book, but its like early-mid 1900s jazz songs that are considered classics/standards because they get covered year after year. stuff like fly me to the moon, and blue skies which she covered recently. hoagy carmichael and irving berlin songs are usually considered that

38 minutes ago, ultrabanisters said:

me when i lie for fun because that room was NOT silent... shes so seek

Just went back and watched the video and there were only like 2 cheers when she announced Lasso. Maybe that is what she was referring to?

33 minutes ago, violettiaras said:

everyone up in arms about a country album and slowly coming around to it and now she’s like well no!

i’m completely blanking, other than beyonce who went country?

beyonce, post malone, someone else but idk who

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

the album ain’t cancelled lol

remember when that insider said that tough might make the album, meaning that it was probably recorded after she finished lasso. she’s probably reworking a couple songs or replacing a few with a new sound she has fell in love with

Just now, American Whore said:

beyonce, post malone, someone else but idk who

Yung gravy I think 

"Don’t forget me"

36 minutes ago, violettiaras said:

everyone up in arms about a country album and slowly coming around to it and now she’s like well no!

i’m completely blanking, other than beyonce who went country?

i mean i’d be happy with country but the henry come on snippet was such a snoozefest, if she’s gonna make a country album i just want it to be an interesting one

i think when she says "american songbook style" it'll be laid back, more acoustic. makes me think of may jailer immediately

we're getting sirens 2.0 :true:

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

I think she just means simpler songs with a more standard structure and more focused on melodies instead of having the lyrics being the central part of the song.

Maybe something like NFR in the sense that it is insanely well written but it's not that complex lyrically (except Hope).

But to be fair I think there are songs like that in all three of her last albums so we'll see.

I was really impressed and I enjoyed a lot her diaristic and lyrical dense songs like A&W, WFWF, Fingertips (maybe my favorite song by her now) but her strength has always been more about painting pictures and telling stories than convoluted metaphors so I'm really excited. 

giphy.gif

I’m honestly looking more forward to this than a country album. I went back in my timeline and I noticed she mentioned writing more in a standards style back in December too! So now I’m more inclined to think the songs will be less personal, like she’s also mentioned several times, but still well written, maybe like the songs in her earlier albums or on LFL. I think they’ll be great! How exciting. :flutter: The times, back in December: “[she] still intends to write ‘an album of standards — classic, simple songs that could reach even more people than she does now.’”

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Even though the answer about Lasso was kind of confusing (typical Lana), I'm so glad British interviewers ask ACTUAL questions about her work, how she feels, her past, her future, and of course Lasso. I was getting tired of everyone asking her about other artists. 

The cicadas in the sunset are your guide