Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

18 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

Oh, she will. Even if not in the official interview, I’m gonna insist off the record.

I have it all played out. I’m gonna introduce myself, show my distorted Terrence Loves You tattoo and say I’m a day 1 stan. After that it’s all charm.

I also added a Lizzy Grant question. I’m gonna ask her about that project and if there are any plans of a reissue.

it’s honestly so cool that you get to do this interview!!!! if you can slip it in somehow please also tell her we looooove the last 3 songs of ocean blvd like to this day that keeps me up at night that she thinks people didn’t like them

46 minutes ago, aGlassShipThatCanFly said:

I love nearly everything she puts out but please do not let Lasso sound anything like Blue Skies. That song sounds like the 1920’s version of this gif :hype:(derogatory)  

She literally said that the album could sound like American Songbook, and Blue Skies would fit well into that genre, I even suspect that the song was originally intended for American Standards & Classics, so yes, the album could very well sound like that.

40 minutes ago, DCooper said:

Some of you are really spiraling overthinking :agree:

Typical lanaboards behavior tbh 

40 minutes ago, Embach said:

No Blue Skies slander here!!!!!! :read:

period!!

"Don’t forget me"

3 hours ago, aGlassShipThatCanFly said:

This is the second time she’s mentioned the new music being in the vein of American Songbook songs which I still don’t really comprehend but pop off:agree: still holding out hope Tough🦋 will come in June even if the album is delayed

American songbook style lines with her entrance songs my my, hey hey and simple man.. which could hint to some new elements to the album.. who knows 

like a dream, you glide on the water 

IMG-7034.gif

and like a star, I shine from the shore 

26 minutes ago, marcodelrey said:

Someone commented on IG with "She will bring it out in September!! On it are 13 new songs with collbs! you will see more information about than soon! I only say look at Boston" :crossed:

?!? Do you have a screenshot?

3 hours ago, aGlassShipThatCanFly said:

This is the second time she’s mentioned the new music being in the vein of American Songbook songs which I still don’t really comprehend but pop off:agree: still holding out hope Tough🦋 will come in June even if the album is delayed

I was about to say maybe you should change your user name from themusicbizisgonegoingcountry but I love how you already updated it :thumb3:

giphy.webp

♡︎ ⁺.⊹ ˖  𝓂𝓎 𝒷𝒶𝒷𝓎 𝓁𝒾𝓋𝑒𝓈 𝒾𝓃 𝓈𝒽𝒶𝒹𝑒𝓈 𝑜𝒻 𝒷𝓁𝓊𝑒 ₊˚. ♡︎

3 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

the way I've been manifesting her to do a jazz inspired album :monica:

also: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_American_Songbook

giphy.webp

♡︎ ⁺.⊹ ˖  𝓂𝓎 𝒷𝒶𝒷𝓎 𝓁𝒾𝓋𝑒𝓈 𝒾𝓃 𝓈𝒽𝒶𝒹𝑒𝓈 𝑜𝒻 𝒷𝓁𝓊𝑒 ₊˚. ♡︎

I feel like when Lana said, "I don't know where Lasso is going" she means that sonically she doesn't know where it would fit in, she already told Elle that the album is coming out this year, we've already seen her shoot a video and she's already teased two songs. 

The same interviewer tells her "your album is coming out later this year" I feel that if it was cancelled or delayed, she would have taken the opportunity to say it because one of the things she did in that interview was to correct information that the interviewers were saying, like when she said "it's only one show in one stadium". (idk if you know what I meant)

to all of this we must add the intense country aesthetics that she has been showing...

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

It wouldn't be a new Lana album without

-an album title that gets changed

-a vision for the album that changes direction

-song titles that don't even end up on the album

-a release date that comes and goes with no music

everything is going to according to plan :creepna3:

I told y’all a 100 pages ago that this is “my new album, Chemtrails Over The Country Club, will be out Sept. 5th” PART II

Expect a video from her on the set of Tough’s MV talking about the album “coming soon” no sooner than October 2024 :oprah6: 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹