Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

42 minutes ago, Honeymoonwitch said:

There’s a rumor going around that she’s collabing with a female pop artist. People are saying it’s either Olivia or Katy 💀 I guess one of those twitter “insider” accounts said it. 

Please God let it be Billie, and not Olivia or Katy.

Even Taylor would be great - for the country vibes and some through-the-fucking-roof streaming numbers for Lasso.

49 minutes ago, Honeymoonwitch said:

There’s a rumor going around that she’s collabing with a female pop artist. People are saying it’s either Olivia or Katy 💀 I guess one of those twitter “insider” accounts said it. 

I'd rather have Lana collab with Melanie than K*ty... 

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

1 hour ago, barttttender said:

I'm kind of hoping for punchier, short titles. E.g., Honeymoon, Ultraviolence, Born to Die

That's why Tough, Mirror and even Henry, Come on are all working for me. 

The Grandfarther, please stand on my shoulders etc was a cool phase, but we don't need more 20 word titles.

I was thinking of something short and weird like Taco Truck

I do NOT want this album to be experimental at all

if she starts mixing genres with country, it's gonna ruin it

I just want her to do a revival of classic vintage country, not modern morgan wallen country or country trap or anything

Mitski did it right with her last album, The Land which was more Americana than country, but still, it was soft and 60s-influenced

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

1 hour ago, Honeymoonwitch said:

Did one of those pretentious insider cosplay twitters say that? 💀

url%5D

What if the Boston Intro song is just an old unreleased we don't know about that she thought would fit at the start of the show and it's totally unrelated to Lasso :eek:

It's really different from Henry and Tough but they are different from each other sonically too so who knows... (the last two have country adjacent lyrics tho).

But to be fair we don't know what songs are for the album or even what is the album concept anymore :thumb2:

giphy.gif

7 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

What if the Boston Intro song is just an old unreleased we don't know about that she thought would fit at the start of the show and it's totally unrelated to Lasso :eek:

It's really different from Henry and Tough but they are different from each other sonically too so who knows... (the last two have country adjacent lyrics tho).

But to be fair we don't know what songs are for the album or even what is the album concept anymore :thumb2:

giving scrapped LFL deluxe edition track :pillsdy:

And btw I listenend to the "Mirror" (if that's actually the title) snippet again and it sounds more like an album opener/interlude to me rather than an actual piece from a song? Idk it gives me Burnt Norton/The Grants vibes, to set the tone of the following tracks or explaining better the content of the work as a whole maybe

11 minutes ago, lilacheaven said:

And btw I listenend to the "Mirror" (if that's actually the title) snippet again and it sounds more like an album opener/interlude to me rather than an actual piece from a song? Idk it gives me Burnt Norton/The Grants vibes, to set the tone of the following tracks or explaining better the content of the work as a whole maybe

My two cents: it's a fuller, lush song, but they've shortened it. They wanted something fresh for the intro, Lana probably likes it, and they didn't want to reveal the whole song. Which is why it sounds incomplete.

Also, it makes a lot of sense that it's the Lasso opener for several reasons: 1.  well, she just opened a new era gig with it, 2. she mentions Lake Placid in it, and she mentioned Lake Placid at the end of the previous record, 3. it's time for her album title track to be first, and I'm pretty sure she uses the word "lassoing" in this song; it can be the title track.

Personally, I would love it if it was the opener! It would be her first opener that's not a ballad since 'Love' (2017).

If it went from that, into Tough, that would be a pretty fucking solid 1:2 punch.

56 minutes ago, lilacheaven said:

@Dark Angel has a very interesting theory about the Mirror, which would fit the intro part of a project: this is Lana looking back at her younger self, her Lizzy self. With very loose rumours from thta TikToker who supposedly talked with Lana about her next project, that she will rerelease some aka tracks, that new song could fit on an « aka » ep rather than opening Lasso. 

38 minutes ago, Lanadelneigh said:

Hi all

I hope you are well. 

Is there a possibility that Lana and Taylor will collaborate on Lasso? 

Kind regards

Nothing is impossible I guess, although I doubt it’s happening again. She rarely collabs with someone twice, except for The Weeknd and Father John Misty (petition for her to have all her collabs exclusively with him, after she collabs with Billie and Finneas :true:)