Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

48 minutes ago, Lanadelneigh said:

Hi all

I hope you are well. 

Is there a possibility that Lana and Taylor will collaborate on Lasso? 

Kind regards

Possible yes, but Taylor tends to have features on her album not the other way around. So my opinion is…unlikely. 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

2 hours ago, ChaoticLipster said:

Possible yes, but Taylor tends to have features on her album not the other way around. So my opinion is…unlikely. 

Hi ChaoticLipster

Thank you for the response. However, I think Taylor just had a collaboration on an artist called Gracie’s album. I sure do hope the collaboration on Lana’s album is still possible. 

Kind regards

11 minutes ago, Lanadelneigh said:

Hi ChaoticLipster

Thank you for the response. However, I think Taylor just had a collaboration on an artist called Gracie’s album. I sure do hope the collaboration on Lana’s album is still possible. 

Kind regards

Oh she does, wasn’t aware. I only seem to see artists on her album! The fact Lana did a feature for Taylor on her album may help her to return the favour. Especially if it’s a country record that Lana is doing. 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

15 minutes ago, Lanadelneigh said:

Hi ChaoticLipster

Kind regards

why are you so formal ? :party: ( no offense)

3 hours ago, barttttender said:

My two cents: it's a fuller, lush song, but they've shortened it. They wanted something fresh for the intro, Lana probably likes it, and they didn't want to reveal the whole song. Which is why it sounds incomplete.

Also, it makes a lot of sense that it's the Lasso opener for several reasons: 1.  well, she just opened a new era gig with it, 2. she mentions Lake Placid in it, and she mentioned Lake Placid at the end of the previous record, 3. it's time for her album title track to be first, and I'm pretty sure she uses the word "lassoing" in this song; it can be the title track.

Personally, I would love it if it was the opener! It would be her first opener that's not a ballad since 'Love' (2017).

If it went from that, into Tough, that would be a pretty fucking solid 1:2 punch.

I honestly agree with every point you made. Especially the Lake Placid reference, that's what I noticed too

3 hours ago, Lanadelneigh said:

Hi all

I hope you are well. 

Is there a possibility that Lana and Taylor will collaborate on Lasso? 

Kind regards

I hope not tbh, I don't really think their styles match up that good. Snow on The Beach was a very mid song imo, too generic. A Billie collab on the other hand could turn out interestingly well

19 minutes ago, lilacheaven said:

I hope not tbh, I don't really think their styles match up that good. Snow on The Beach was a very mid song imo, too generic. A Billie collab on the other hand could turn out interestingly well

Hi LilacHeaven. 

I understand. However, you might agree with me that Snow on the Beach was not the best collaboration they could have done. I think it was a good song but perhaps Lana not using the high-pitched sound and using a slightly middle to lower register would go well. 

Think, for example, of Lana and Taylor collaborating on a song like My Tears Ricochet, The Lakes or Invisible String (both from Folklore). Do you think that would sound better? I definitely think so. 

Kind regards

25 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

Oh she does, wasn’t aware. I only seem to see artists on her album! The fact Lana did a feature for Taylor on her album may help her to return the favour. Especially if it’s a country record that Lana is doing. 

I agree, ChaoticLipster.

I hope they do collaborate. But we shall see. A Billie Eilish collaboration would also be nice, but I feel that Billie Eilish does not like to be compared to Lana so it seems unlikely. 

Kind regards

When the new moody mystery song is the first track off Lasso directly connected to and picking up from the end of Taco Truck (get high drop acid never die not tonight lake placid) and we find Lana is in the middle of an existential acid trip questioning and ruminating on all of the things she’s done for culture (has anyone else died for you?) thus beginning her most experimental, psychedelic album to date and we have @Psychedelic Pussy manifestations to thank:charli:

Tumblr

1 hour ago, aGlassShipThatCanFly said:

we have @Psychedelic Pussy manifestations to thank:charli:

Tbh, the percussion of the new song(Mirror) gives trip hop vibes a la Confide in Me, but I’m a little afraid it’s because it’s the live version with live drums.

(Lana please keep the drums, if it is on the album :pray2:)

spinn.gifspinn.gifspinn.gif

lets be real..if shes rumoured to collab with a female pop star on lasso its going to be camila cabello 😭😭😭 or better case scenario itll be billie eilish (werent they in the studio together or something..?) madison beer also came to mind also but idk probs not

anyways im still waiting for her to collab w kali..

4698aa00f6d7ce1337ab79a011220eb0.gif

I’m here for a Billie collab.. in fact after that new intro I’m fully hear for a more floaty ethereal electronic type sound 

but still confused by her intros of hey hey, my my and free bird.. unless this is a dark side of the moon kinda deal with prog rock and psychedelic sounds.. I wouldn’t be mad, but tough wouldn’t fit in there soooo.. 

like a dream, you glide on the water 

IMG-7034.gif

and like a star, I shine from the shore 

12 hours ago, Thats why they call me Dita said:

I’m here for a Billie collab.. in fact after that new intro I’m fully hear for a more floaty ethereal electronic type sound 

but still confused by her intros of hey hey, my my and free bird.. unless this is a dark side of the moon kinda deal with prog rock and psychedelic sounds.. I wouldn’t be mad, but tough wouldn’t fit in there soooo.. 

A Billie collab would be the greatest thing ever. I feel like Billie is at the height of her powers this year.

Also, just imagine these songs all being on the same album.

1. Mirror (the new intro song from Boston)

2. Tough feat. Quavo

3. Lana feat. Billie 

4. Prettiest Girl in Country Music feat. N. lane

5. Henry, Come on

Already I prefer this record to Ocean Boulevard, BB and Chemtrails.

whatever she is about to do, I need to see Lana riding the fuck out of a mechanical bull for Lasso album artwork and the visuals

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

On 6/24/2024 at 1:41 PM, barttttender said:

My two cents: it's a fuller, lush song, but they've shortened it. They wanted something fresh for the intro, Lana probably likes it, and they didn't want to reveal the whole song. Which is why it sounds incomplete.

Also, it makes a lot of sense that it's the Lasso opener for several reasons: 1.  well, she just opened a new era gig with it, 2. she mentions Lake Placid in it, and she mentioned Lake Placid at the end of the previous record, 3. it's time for her album title track to be first, and I'm pretty sure she uses the word "lassoing" in this song; it can be the title track.

Personally, I would love it if it was the opener! It would be her first opener that's not a ballad since 'Love' (2017).

If it went from that, into Tough, that would be a pretty fucking solid 1:2 punch.

Every opener of hers has been a ballad though? especially Love which is slower than some other openers

url%5D