Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

2 minutes ago, Embach said:

It's lowkey a tradition that she's sharing (at least) a one snippet in each era since LFL. Like I know that she teased bunch of snippets in LFL and NFR but in COTCC she teased Tulsa Jesus Freak, in Banisters she teased the title track (with the scrapped Clay video) and Arcadia, in Ocean Blvd she teased Candy Necklace and now she teased Henry Come On, Tough too but that was released later.

This reminds me of her biggest faux pas saying “listen like you listened to video games” and made everyone think Arcadia was going to be on par with video games 

like a dream, you glide on the water 

IMG-7034.gif

and like a star, I shine from the shore 

Just now, Thats why they call me Dita said:

This reminds me of her biggest faux pas saying “listen like you listened to video games” and made everyone think Arcadia was going to be on par with video games 

Lowkey yes because everyone misunderstood that. I think with this statement she meant that listen to it like you listen to an unknown artist. Because she was unknown to many when she dropped Video Games.

This reminded me of that Arcadia cover art as well and that was...something. But Henry's cover art or that polaroid really reminded me of NFR/Violet era when she changed her whole Instagram layout to yellowish filter photos.

2.gif

1 minute ago, NikoGo said:

Nothing will ever be as bad as NFR and that’s a fact. 

HIAB snippet in early 2018, MAC/VB and album title in September 2018, Hope in January, Doin Time in May, TG/FIILY randomly leaking in July because the release date changed and they couldn’t be bothered to tell google and YouTube, the “album in a few months” comments at her shows, and EVERY single song having a snippet by the time the album came out. 

I do wish she wouldn’t have posted Henry so early, because it’s turning into this era’s happiness is a butterfly/Tulsa Jesus Freak. Isk why but I’m still hopeful that something will be released this year 

And then HIAB as released was such a disappointment to me. I rank it among the worst of her officially-released songs, which is a very short list. I don't see that happening with Henry, if Henry ever sees release. 

1 minute ago, Embach said:

Lowkey yes because everyone misunderstood that. I think with this statement she meant that listen to it like you listen to an unknown artist. Because she was unknown to many when she dropped Video Games.

This reminded me of that Arcadia cover art as well and that was...something. But Henry's cover art or that polaroid really reminded me of NFR/Violet era when she changed her whole Instagram layout to yellowish filter photos.

I agree about what she meant by the Video Games comment, and while I didn't care much for Arcadia when it was released, it's grown on me more than any other LDR song and I love it now. 

Both Arcadia and Country Roads, Take Me Home are hitting hard right now… I know many of you don’t like Drew, but I hope he is involved on at least one track on Lasso (although he’s been busy with FJM lately, working on his new LP). 

25 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Both Arcadia and Country Roads, Take Me Home are hitting hard right now… I know many of you don’t like Drew, but I hope he is involved on at least one track on Lasso (although he’s been busy with FJM lately, working on his new LP). 

I don’t dislike Drew per se, but I do think his solo work with Lana sounds a bit uninspired/one note, but that’s not a Drew exclusive complaint. I think Country Roads is absolutely beautiful, but it’s basically just piano and I think if Lana would have enlisted Drew or Jack to help Zach it would have been elevated a little bit. 

I think Ocean Blvd is a perfect example of that, a good number of songs have more than one of her producers working together and the songs sound so carefully crafted. 

I hope Lasso has more of her producers working together, and I want Luke to have a big hand in the production since he’s a Nashville country producer and I think that’s what Lana needs for Lasso to feel as authentic as possible 

"Don’t forget me"

2 hours ago, Thats why they call me Dita said:

in fact it was much better :peace:

Ultra rare opinion but I love Arcadia and i think it’s on par with Video Games it’s one of my favorites of the last three albums and def my fav on Blue Banisters. It doesn’t have the same snooze effect Bartender has being played live

maybe it you “listened to it like you listened to video games” you’d agree :dancedy:

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95237ep20gi51lvjl437x

20 minutes ago, Sunbather Moonchaser said:

I feel free'er now that I've checked this thread only three times today because every day since the "announcement" I've been visiting here like three times an HOUR :dancedy:

happy for you sis, the July 30 meltdown had me worried :stop:

˚ʚ♡ɞ˚ if you can't stand the heat, then stay out of the fire, or you might get what you desire boy ˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

1 hour ago, grandpas glass said:

in fact it was much better :peace:

I don’t actually dispute this, video games just holds such a special place in my heart as it was the song that made me discover Lana and I still remember how I felt listening to her for the first time!

it’s hard to beat pure nostalgia and a fond memory, so nothing could’ve been like video games to me 

like a dream, you glide on the water 

IMG-7034.gif

and like a star, I shine from the shore 

55 minutes ago, Embach said:

What are the chances for Rick comeback on Lasso?

Higher then other albums for sure, but absolutely not set in stone even slightly 

2 hours ago, X8vinylScratchX said:

Ultra rare opinion but I love Arcadia and i think it’s on par with Video Games it’s one of my favorites of the last three albums and def my fav on Blue Banisters. It doesn’t have the same snooze effect Bartender has being played live

maybe it you “listened to it like you listened to video games” you’d agree :dancedy:

I agree it's always been a good song i never understood why people say its boring, it's literally beautiful like are we not hearing the same thing? Then again these are the same people that say Beautiful is boring and Bartender is good so they're tasteless wbk :oprah3:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

She can do everything she wants to in terms of music, like any kind of sound or lyrics with any kind of producer and I'll respect that and I'm sure I'll love it. But I need Dan Heath back. Even for a one song. A country song with a twist of an orchestra would be good, wouldn't it? But it doesn't even have to be for Lasso, just even collaborate for a soundtrack for a new upcoming movie. I miss his contribution. I just need his epic orchestral vibes back...

2.gif