Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

how sure are we that "Prettiest girl in country music" will be on lasso?, I think it's one of my favorite Lana's songs and if it's not on the album I'm gonna ugly cry :bop:

50 minutes ago, Candy Necklace said:

This is the same conclusion I came to, she didn’t make herself visible. Boygenius did SNL leading up to the Grammys, Billie did countless interviews for her song + SNL, Taylor Swift was everywhere the whole year. Lana had a huge year but she didn’t campaign as hard for her awards like the other nominees did, besides a magazine cover. I hope she plays the game next year.

I hope she doesn’t play the game, be true to yourself Lana! 

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues 

Thinking that Henry, Come On might be Lasso :delicious:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

5 minutes ago, Thats why they call me Dita said:

Honestly yeah, I think desperation for grammys diminishes the art a bit idk, and even now with her doing more interviews and magazine covers I still felt she was being authentic and just proud of her work, not desperate for a worthless popularity contest, she lets her art speak for itself and doesn't play their games I've always loved her for her honesty and originality. I can't wait for Lasso and to see where her poetry leads her next

J7ydenn Lana Del Rey GIF - J7ydenn Lana Del Rey Honeymoon - Discover &  Share GIFs

dreaming away your life

14 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:

She should drop something from this sometime this week, she has so much attention online right now :bebe:

I wish we could hear something from the album already but if she plans on releasing it in September I think it's too early to start a "rollout" (specially if we get a NFR situation with snippets 1 year before the release cause it gets pushed back).

At least we're getting that cover next week (or at least soon) so I think she'll start the new era more towards the spring :creepna2:

giphy.gif

47 minutes ago, Thats why they call me Dita said:

1 hour ago, SalvaWHORE said:

well, but knowing Lana, she literally sang "I never really knew that what I have to decide, to play someone's game or live my own life" - and Lust for Life was the last time she questioned herself that matter, as well as the last time she plays the industry's games, which is why this was still her most mainstream era ever.

I personally don't think she - as who she is right now will the "the game", but who knows, Lana, please surprise me with unexpected!!!

I will stand behind whatever she decides to do but you can’t deny that this is something she wants. I don’t think the music will be more mainstream like LFL but she herself said this will be more simple songs.

She played it up a little bit more this time than 2020 and I wouldn’t be surprised if she does even more next time around, but obviously if she doesn’t I won’t blame her

Releasing the lead single in April (Coachella month) would be awesome. We're probably getting "Blue Skies" this month so there's no need to rush things. I think that she must be in the final stages of production; she might go back to Nashville and work with Laird again or she might keep working with Jack during these last 2-3 months, but she'll obviously be in California in April because of Coachella, so she might have the final session(s) with Jack around that time. Which kind of makes sense; it'd be a 5-month gap between April and September (assuming the album will be released then) and vinyls etc. will probably be ready on time. 

2 hours ago, NikoGo said:

I think for the first time in a long time, title track is going to encapsulate the album perfectly. 

BTD/UV/HM all did that

LFL/NFR kind of was an indication of the album, but not really 

COTCC/BB (and their albums as a whole) were just no indication of what we were getting 

Did you know . . . Went back to the LFL/NFR kind of an indication of the album, but as a whole the album was still a pretty broad range of sound 

I think Lasso is going to be a BTD/UV/HM level again 

Omg, Imagine a grand, production-heavy song with spaghetti western and Ennio morricone influences, joining the title track tier of btd/hm/uv, it would be perfect

Yea, she definitely needs to release that Henry C'mon song this week as a buzz pre-single.

And then Lead single in mid-April

Music video in May

Album cover in end of July with second single 

Music video in Ausgust

Tracklist

Album Pre-order link announcement

The album release

Manifesting album has 15-18 songs, with country psychedelic, and songs 3-5 / 6 minutes.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

1 hour ago, SalvaWHORE said:

Yea, she definitely needs to release that Henry C'mon song this week as a buzz pre-single.

And then Lead single in mid-April

Music video in May

Album cover in end of July with second single 

Music video in Ausgust

Tracklist

Album Pre-order link announcement

The album release

Manifesting album has 15-18 songs, with country psychedelic, and songs 3-5 / 6 minutes.

COUNTRY PSYCHEDELIC YES

also 18 songs… imagine… I could die happy