Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

Been listening to some Tammy Wynette and puff I would love the love songs with a. Modern twist.

i think she could really delivery a country classic.

someone said they wanted an old town road kinda sound and girls pleaaasssseeeeeee

i need wailing in the run down bar while drinking straight whiskey with red lipstick and 60s hair and cowgirl boots kinda country

IM STRONGER THANgiphy.gifALL MY MEN...

3 hours ago, IanadeIrey said:

You inspired me 🐎

phonto.jpg

(Haven’t made a cover during the pre-release in about 3 years!)

I love it!!!

glad to see a new cover by you! They always have such a way of capturing a very specific feeling

"Don’t forget me"

10 hours ago, GaboSpaceCowboy said:

Thinking about the opening track :flutter:

The only opening track I hate is Text Book... but the outro to that song is really good tbh

her worst opening track ever. but then it's her worst album, so it's only fitting.

5 hours ago, TedLasso said:

My biggest question is will this lean more western or true country? Like is she gonna go Appalachian The Grass Is Blue Dolly style, or cowboy Willie style? I guess Lasso alludes to western, but I’d love some TGIB style too

I wonder if her country will be influenced by Bakersfield sound, because it's not long ago that she visited that town

FZgz8bSVQAA5XPZ.jpg:large

11 hours ago, Yameena Khatri said:

She got her first VMA for Candy Necklace and it won an EMA too. Shouldn't that be a compensation? 

nah, fuck the vmas,, honestly. and i've never even heard about the emas.

CN was great as it was a massive flop. Because the song itself is a flop. 

I hope she gets wiser with choosing which songs to put out as singles and definitely which ones to do a video for.

Currently craving a bittersweet Dolly Parton I Will Always Love You type of beat with an acoustic guitar :smile2:

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

9 hours ago, IanadeIrey said:

You inspired me 🐎

phonto.jpg

Omg that's so cute! How did you do the hair! :flutter: also luv that lil cowboy next to the title!

url%5D

10 hours ago, GaboSpaceCowboy said:

Actually, Candy Necklace also has a western vibe. :true:

it's giving

I have never seen Westworld but the vibes of it has always given me if Lana and Tropico movie met sci-fi and western. Something between Lust For Life and western. Especially considering that the show used different version of Video Games as a soundtrack:

Honestly I'm all here for a darker version of country and western. Lana could pull it off very well. I don't think that Lasso is that lightful and happy album. Like in terms on thematics.

url%5D

3 hours ago, barttttender said:

her worst opening track ever. but then it's her worst album, so it's only fitting.

Girl not when chemtrails exists.. I could never think the album that had Arcadia, Dealer, Wildflower Wildfire (!!!), Thunder, Living Legend and Sweet Carolina was her worst :lange:

also everytime I listen to Arcadia it really blows my mind. Sooo so so underrated. One of her most beautiful, well written songs

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

1 hour ago, Psychedelic Pussy said:

Girl not when chemtrails exists.. I could never think the album that had Arcadia, Dealer, Wildflower Wildfire (!!!), Thunder, Living Legend and Sweet Carolina was her worst :lange:

also everytime I listen to Arcadia it really blows my mind. Sooo so so underrated. One of her most beautiful, well written songs

Ha. For me, White Dress is one of her best-ever opening tracks. It blew my mind when I first heard it. And that album as a whole saved me from a really tough time. 

BB had a few good songs, all of which you've included. But Textbook, the Trio, Villets, Beautiful, Nectar of the Gods, etc. are some of the biggest slogs she's ever put out. Sorry, baby.

1 hour ago, Psychedelic Pussy said:

I really loved chemtrails for its cohesiveness.. loved BB for its standalone tracks.. now if she could just merge the two and give us cuntry

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues 

I would love her to do a reworked version of pawn shop blues. It’s already very bluesy and soulful so I feel like it would be perfect

also I feel like this might be unpopular but I hate stand by your man, even as beautifully as Lana sings it 

lyrically and thematically I just can’t stomach it :smh:

13 hours ago, IanadeIrey said:

You inspired me 🐎

phonto.jpg

Stop this I so gorgeous I would do ANYTHING for a cover like this. It’s literally perfect

Lana-del-rey-happy GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚖𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚒 𝚍𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚍𝚘 𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐, 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐