Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

HOLY SHIT what are these asinine manifestations? Imagine how much better Cinnamon Girl would have been if Migos hopped on that! That totally wouldn’t have ruined a perfect song. Oooh imagine Taylor jumping on the last leg of Happiness is a Butterfly to totally not taint that otherwise amazing song. A&W Ice Spice feature when? WHY IS THIS THE FUTURE PEOPLE WANT??? ON THE FUCKING COUNTRY ALBUM OF ALL THINGS!!

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95237ep20gi51lvjl437x

12 minutes ago, X8vinylScratchX said:

HOLY SHIT what are these asinine manifestations? Imagine how much better Cinnamon Girl would have been if Migos hopped on that! That totally wouldn’t have ruined a perfect song. Oooh imagine Taylor jumping on the last leg of Happiness is a Butterfly to totally not taint that otherwise amazing song. A&W Ice Spice feature when? WHY IS THIS THE FUTURE PEOPLE WANT??? ON THE FUCKING COUNTRY ALBUM OF ALL THINGS!!

:adele:

Omg a Quavo collab :shock2:

I am here for that :beyonce: No clue how this would work on a country album but I trust Lana :true:

Maybe we are going cuntry after all :dua:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

1 hour ago, X8vinylScratchX said:

i can almost guarantee you would be saying the same thing about groupie love if it was released as a solo track without asap, i probably would too, but just wait until whatever comes out comes out

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

For me what’s exciting is that her collabs are pretty indicative about the sound she’s feeling. The Weeknd/BORNS were not too far off the LFL sound which had ASAP Rocky, Hallucinogenics and Nikki Lane were spot on Chemtrails, all the Ocean Blvd era collabs were not too far off from the soundscape. And before anyone says “she had Mike dean make a piano ballad!!!!!” That’s different bc he’s a producer, not a featured artist. 

imagine Lana is featured on Beyoncé’s new album and Beyoncé is featured on Lana’s new album. how did Lana know that the industry was going country when none of the country albums (Beyoncé and Post Malone - correct me if i’m wrong) were announced? something is off

0YnL0Kf.gif

If she’s really been working on Lasso for 4 years alongside Chemtrails, Blue Banisters, Ocean Blvd and possibly even NFR (she has a history of referencing timelines a bit loosely and NFR will not turn 5 years until the end of August this year), then it isn’t too crazy to imagine she might be working on another album now alongside Lasso especially if Lasso’s almost finished already

1 minute ago, menslayer said:

imagine Lana is featured on Beyoncé’s new album and Beyoncé is featured on Lana’s new album. how did Lana know that the industry was going country when none of the country albums (Beyoncé and Post Malone - correct me if i’m wrong) were announced? something is off

They work in the same town and industry. There’s a lot of inside chatter between producers, songwriters, performers etc I’m sure. A Lana x Beyoncé collab is intriguing though! 

Tumblr

also, when she posted that story saying “hope you like country” before OB release, to me that’s a indicator that she might had the Lasso album almost finished by then or it was becoming a solid project of music for her to release but somehow maybe she thought it wasn’t how she wanted and decided to work on it more

——

3 minutes ago, themusicbizisGONEgoingcountry said:

They work in the same town and industry. There’s a lot of inside chatter between producers, songwriters, performers etc I’m sure. A Lana x Beyoncé collab is intriguing though! 

that makes sense!!

Beyoncé’s producer said her album is going to be “shocking” and i think a Lana feature is REALLY SHOCKING 

0YnL0Kf.gif

1 hour ago, X8vinylScratchX said:

A big chunk of people following Lana don't like her music, they only like her image. And they want her to be a shitty popstar. Hope this helps. .

26 minutes ago, menslayer said:

how did Lana know that the industry was going country when none of the country albums (Beyoncé and Post Malone - correct me if i’m wrong) were announced? something is off

She's a seer :legend: