Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

Expecting this album to win AOTY at the grammys in the first place after she lost every single one of her noms for NFR and Ocean Blvd is wild. Like, it's just not gonna happen. Beyoncé is not her competition :toofunny:

qfrWuBl.png

1 hour ago, LifeOnMars said:

Aaron Dessner produced the majority of folklore not Jack, and it’s one of Taylor’s best received albums while midnights isn’t that well liked despite winning AOTY.  

IKTR YUP Aaron deserves so much more credit for his work on both Folklore & Evermore:party:

Beyoncé’s album made me so much more excited for lasso. Love cowboy carter, and I’m super hype to hear Lana’s take on country. 

I still think we’ll get LDRX info around/after Coachella 

"Don’t forget me"

11 hours ago, LifeOnMars said:

The Beyoncé and Lana comparisons aren’t even that fair at this point. Beyoncé is working with some of the best producers/songwriters in the industry and Lana just has Jack Antonoff. 

11 hours ago, ivory almond said:

you cant rly make this argument when jack has just won producer of the year at the grammys and has produced folklore and nfr, which are both praised for their insanely good productions

11 hours ago, LifeOnMars said:

I didn’t mean that he is a bad producer. Just that Lana limits herself a lot by having the same main producer on now the 4th album. Aaron Dessner produced the majority of folklore not Jack, and it’s one of Taylor’s best received albums while midnights isn’t that well liked despite winning AOTY.  Solar Power was panned and now Lorde is working with new people. It looks like St. Vincent ditched Jack for her newest album as well and her new songs are very good. 

Bey0nce has nothing to contribute besides vocals. And when I say vocals, I mean literally just the voice. Not even the singing melody because most of the time she’s just karaokeing to someone else’s pre-made demo. “the best producers/songwriters in the industry” yeah, because she NEEDS it. She HAS to work with a whole village of people. The undermining of L4na’s contribution is crazy. Regardless of who’s L4na is working with, it’s still going to come out sounding the exact same because she’s fully in charged of her art: aesthetics/music/sound.

You all seem to forget J4ck’s own music is actually very upbeat and poppy. His work with L4na is nothing of the sort. Ocean Blvd sounds nothing like Bleacher’s music.

Also, please listen to “Henry, Come On”. And now listen to Lvkr L4ird’s music. Lvke is very much a radio friendly producer (even more so than J4ck). He loves radio and make country music suited for radio. He makes radio hits. I listen to a few podcasts about him. They can not stop talking about hits, charts, and radio. He also said he wants to make a good song first. But listening to him talk about the process of his music, it’s clear that the frame work and the main goal of his songwriting is still very much what sounds good on the radio. Very likely, UMG pushed L4na to work with Lvkr La!rd to make more upbeat radio hits.

And “Henry, Come On” is the result which once again is not radio friendly at all. She turned a hit making bop producer to make another slow song. It’s giving Hip-Hop producer M!ke De4n’s Wildflower Wildfire teas.

4 hours ago, Xenoblade 3 said:

Bey0nce has nothing to contribute besides vocals. And when I say vocals, I mean literally just the voice. Not even the singing melody because most of the time she’s just karaokeing to someone else’s pre-made demo. She HAS to work with a whole village of people. The undermining of L4na’s contribution is crazy. Regardless of who’s L4na is working with, it’s still going to come out sounding the exact same because she’s fully in charged of her art: aesthetics/music/sound.

You all seem to forget J4ck’s own music is actually very upbeat and poppy. His work with L4na is nothing of the sort. Ocean Blvd sounds nothing like Bleacher’s music.

Also, please listen to “Henry, Come On”. And now listen to Lvkr L4ird’s music. Lvke is very much a radio friendly producer (even more so than J4ck). He loves radio and make country music suited for radio. He makes radio hits. I listen to a few podcasts about him. They can not stop talking about hits, charts, and radio. He also said he wants to make a good song first. But listening to him talk about the process of his music, it’s clear that the frame work and the main goal of his songwriting is still very much what sounds good on the radio. Very likely, UMG pushed L4na to work with Lvkr La!rd to make more upbeat radio hits.

And “Henry, Come On” is the result which once again is not radio friendly at all. She turned a hit making bop producer to make another slow song. It’s giving Hip-Hop producer M!ke De4n’s Wildflower Wildfire teas.

Beyonce is a singer and performer- Lana is a writer and Artist, period. 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

The longer I wait without any news aside from country roads and Henry come awn snippet, the more worried I become that the album will be just silent with Lana and a guitar and a choir. Although I know I have no reason to worry for that. :what:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

11 hours ago, ivory almond said:

you cant rly make this argument when jack has just won producer of the year at the grammys and has produced folklore and nfr, which are both praised for their insanely good productions

Not to hate on him (truly appreciate some of his work), but Grammys arent any proof of his qualities as a producer. I'd say every non-Jack-produced Lana album has better production than the ones he's done, and none of them got any Grammy recognition either.

(Early draft)

Blue Saloon Girl 

Willie loved me

Johnny begat me

I ain't no Triple-D Dolly whore

Just rent a room 

Above a Saloon 

Servicing the line of men at my door 

1 hour ago, sjatib said:

Not to hate on him (truly appreciate some of his work), but Grammys arent any proof of his qualities as a producer. I'd say every non-Jack-produced Lana album has better production than the ones he's done, and none of them got any Grammy recognition either.

absolutely:true:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

I don't really know where the best place to post this is, but I randomly came across this dress and INSTANTLY thought it would be such a cute lasso moment with cowboy boots! The embroidered horses? Plus I feel it matches her recent style quite nicely 

https://www.libertylondon.com/uk/embroidered-horses-ruffled-mini-dress-000795156.html

000795156-R540354006-2?$large$&qlt=90&fm

The cicadas in the sunset are your guide