Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

9 minutes ago, Americen Whore said:

Spill :true:

I do not understand, why do people hate Nikki Lane so much? Like is it her raspy voice? It doesn't really bother me because in Breaking Up Slowly, the melancholic production kinda fits for both her and Lana.

I remember listening to BUS on YouTube and people on the comments thoughts that Nikki was Miley Cyrus lol

url%5D

31 minutes ago, Embach said:

I do not understand, why do people hate Nikki Lane so much? Like is it her raspy voice? It doesn't really bother me because in Breaking Up Slowly, the melancholic production kinda fits for both her and Lana.

I remember listening to BUS on YouTube and people on the comments thoughts that Nikki was Miley Cyrus lol

I wasn't a fan of Niki. She sounded like a cheap version of  Miley for me (and I don't even like Miley). Plus, Breaking Up Slowly is one of Lana's most "meh" songs.

But then I heard The Prettiest Girl in Country Music, and did a full 180. I need that song on 'Lasso', even if it has small, minimalist production. It's glorious.

22 minutes ago, barttttender said:

I wasn't a fan of Niki. She sounded like a cheap version of  Miley for me (and I don't even like Miley). Plus, Breaking Up Slowly is one of Lana's most "meh" songs.

But then I heard The Prettiest Girl in Country Music, and did a full 180. I need that song on 'Lasso', even if it has small, minimalist production. It's glorious.

The Prettiest Girl is truly pretty ngl :true:

url%5D

1 hour ago, Embach said:

am i the only person that loves that song

giphy.gif

18 minutes ago, twinkletoes7 said:

am i the only person that loves that song

It was my top 5 of COTCC from the first listen. The rankings have changed now since I haven't really listened to it but I still love it. I love the warmth of it.

url%5D

1 hour ago, Embach said:

I don’t hate her, but I hate the way her voice overpowers lana’s, you can barely hear lana when they sing the same verse/chorus together, breaking up slowly feels more like “feat. Lana del rey”, she’s just too much

1 hour ago, Embach said:

she sounds like she has a tampon stuck up one of her nostrils and it makes her sound like spongebob

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

1 minute ago, American Whore said:

she sounds like she has a tampon stuck up one of her nostrils and it makes her sound like spongebob

Like Spongebob lol. I remember someone said that Stevie Nicks sounds like Squidward. When she's gonna collab with Patrick Star, Mr. Krabs and Sandy then :omfg2:

url%5D

27 minutes ago, Embach said:

It was my top 5 of COTCC from the first listen. The rankings have changed now since I haven't really listened to it but I still love it. I love the warmth of it.

yes i love it! she doesn’t really have any songs like that topic too. it makes me CRY

giphy.gif

Some of the comments here are a bit much:takeitdoen:

just say you don’t like Nikki and leave it at that 

N E way 

BUS is a top 5 Chemtrails track and I’d welcome another BUS style track on Lasso

"Don’t forget me"

5 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

N E way 

BUS is a top 5 Chemtrails track and I’d welcome another BUS style track on Lasso

This

37 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

N E way 

or don't say it at all because we've heard it five thousand times :oic:

anyways Lasso news coming soon :true:

25 minutes ago, Make me your Dream Life said:

Is Blue Jeans country? 

Tbh the acoustic version (the one at the Premises) kind of does.

url%5D

1 hour ago, X8vinylScratchX said:

Breaking Up Slowly is one of the worst Lana songs in my opinion. It’s tied with Summer Bummer for being my least favorite. The day we get a taylor feature it may be a three way tie i fear!

It's a song that sounds like a draft. There's no chord progression, the second verse sounds like the first, there's no bridge (from what I remember). Basically, it's the same chords and same melodies over and over,  replete with mid production, and then the song ends. It's a filler track. That and "For  Free'. And the album is already pretty darn short, so there shouldn't be any fillers. And that's why Chemtrails is a 7.5, for me. Pitchfork got it right.

I still ADORE the trio of Wild at Heart, White Dress an Chemtrails tho.OB - as much as I love it - doesn't have a trio of songs that sound that cohesive sonically. Let alone BB.

I will ignore your Summer Bummer slander. It's the last purely FUN original track Lana has produced. Just fucking around in the studio. To be honest, I miss this side of her. Peppers came close but it's nowhere near as good.