Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

the best songs off sirens are a star for nick and peace. case closed, end of. Don’t even quote me to disagree because you’re wrong and probably ugly 

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

2 hours ago, Cherry Blossom said:

this forum gives way too much credit to Sirens. like, yeah it’s not bad at all but you are actually a straight up liar if you think it’s better than any of the studio albums she’s released since then :toofunny:

sirens is just so listenable, it's actually one of the albums i listen to the most (alongside NFR) - and its style is v reminiscent of elliott smith, who i'm obsessed with <3

mUENGN9.png

On 11/6/2021 at 11:22 PM, Distantly said:

I get what you’re saying and can agree that for some people this is true, but for me that’s not the case at all. I ADORE California and nothing to do with who produced it. I do love the production, especially the progression of it and how hard the chorus HITS. But mainly due to the lyrical content, WOOOOWEEEEE the whole if you come back to America thing kills me regularly 

I cried a lil in my car the other day randomly while listening to California, amazed at just how incredible it is 🥺 The lyrics move me and remind me heavily of some of my old best friends who aren’t on this continent anymore. I also don't care (or even know) who produced it, just sounds golden and that’s all I know 😢

On 11/7/2021 at 2:48 AM, Multistan said:

Summertime Sadness is top 10 in Lana’s Discography , but y’all just too… to admit it. :creepna2:

Definitely a career highlight!

8 hours ago, Thunder said:

California is only liked by people because of who produced it. It really is nothing that special, and is my clear least favorite from Norman Fucking Rockwell. If no one had any clue about the production credits, I feel like many more people would feel the same way due to the Jack hate blinders

One of the most uninspired songs she's ever come with, imo. Sounds as if somebody forced her to write and record something that sounded rockish at first hour in the morning when she wasn't still fully awake.

4 minutes ago, sjatib said:

One of the most uninspired songs she's ever come with, imo. Sounds as if somebody forced her to write and record something that sounded rockish at first hour in the morning when she wasn't still fully awake.

If it had more instruments in it with Dan Aubach producing, the song could be better.

I like California but I always said it leaves you flat. There's something missing. Even Ajay on Youtube said something similar.

The best part of the song for me is Lana's vocals in the chorus. :eartha2:

8 hours ago, Thunder said:

California is only liked by people because of who produced it. It really is nothing that special, and is my clear least favorite from Norman Fucking Rockwell. If no one had any clue about the production credits, I feel like many more people would feel the same way due to the Jack hate blinders

Truee, I remember saving that song for later because of good comments and always skipping it or being like "Mehh" when listening to it. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

12 hours ago, Thunder said:

For me, it's one of the catchiest and most repeatable songs on the album. I can listen to it over and over again without wanting to get rid of it (and I've listened to NFR several dozen times).

16 minutes ago, palemoonbaby said:

Don't remember if I posted that or not but Lolita is such a bop. You aren't ready for that conversation.

Literally SO overhated for no reason… like if you can’t twerk then just say you can’t twerk!!

54 minutes ago, palemoonbaby said:

Don't remember if I posted that or not but Lolita is such a bop. You aren't ready for that conversation.

no it's true. ppl hate bc they think it's romanticizing the novel/character but tbh i think the song is more complicated than that and could be saying the opposite. like singing from the perspective of "lolita" to speak to the feeling of being attached to an unhealthy relationship. in any case, it literally BANGS like one of her best on par w florida kilos. don't even get me started on the demos

small-sq-lana-del-rey-ultraviolence.gife4d193ad6825522455102e1518efe3d6835b52da

10 hours ago, Venice said:

I cried a lil in my car the other day randomly while listening to California, amazed at just how incredible it is 🥺 The lyrics move me and remind me heavily of some of my old best friends who aren’t on this continent anymore. I also don’t care (or even know) who produced it, just sounds golden and that’s all I know

I feel the same!!!!

2 hours ago, drugmunny said:

no it's true. ppl hate bc they think it's romanticizing the novel/character but tbh i think the song is more complicated than that and could be saying the opposite. like singing from the perspective of "lolita" to speak to the feeling of being attached to an unhealthy relationship. in any case, it literally BANGS like one of her best on par w florida kilos. don't even get me started on the demos

I saw many opinions that is so sweet, not fitting to Lana's style and too electro. I didn't saw that somebody don't like song from Lolita novel case.

10 hours ago, Deadly Cruel Girl said:

If it had more instruments in it with Dan Aubach producing, the song could be better.

I like California but I always said it leaves you flat. There's something missing. Even Ajay on Youtube said something similar.

The best part of the song for me is Lana's vocals in the chorus. :eartha2:

She didn't like the song at first but on Twitter she said it became one of her favorites.

LASSO

lasso.gif

SEPTEMBER 2024

2 minutes ago, Thoth said:

I like California but I always said it leaves you flat.

I really need to hear the TLSP original demo. I adore the California we have, but I have a feeling we lost an alt-rock masterpiece to the minimalistic whims of Jack Antonoff. I imagine it sounded similar to the Thunder Demo. 

small-sq-lana-del-rey-ultraviolence.gife4d193ad6825522455102e1518efe3d6835b52da

12 hours ago, Multistan said:

Summertime Sadness is top 10 in Lana’s Discography , but y’all just too… to admit it. :creepna2:

I was so shocked when I found out it wasn't like, common knowledge.

It's such marvel of a song and it always makes me sentimental 

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif