Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

18 hours ago, Doll Harlow said:

I know everyone prefers the Architecture demo but I've come to love The Next Best American Record album version more. The production just makes it hit more.

The part with the glass shattering... is perfection :bodyisready:

This!! I've felt alone on an island with my preference for The Next Best American Record over the demo. It's crisper, more in tune with NFR as a whole, and the demo just feels stale to me 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Pls this is such a non-issue and more just me being extra as a musician with a pet peeve, but I’ve been slightly concerned with the people on here that think psychedelic = solely psychedelic rock. Thats such a dad rock stan outlook. Psych is such a broad descriptor, just compare Madonna’s Ray of Light (acid trance) to Simon and Garfunkel’s Only Living Boy in York (psych pop) to SZA’s Good Days (psych soul) to the Doors‘s Light My Fire (psych rock) to Grouper’s Invisible (psych folk). 

I really haven’t seen people wanting “more psychedelic sounds” (which isn’t exactly an issue) in most mainstream fanbases other than Lana’s, probably because Lana kinda borders mainstream/alt and people want her to sound more alt, but if you want Lana to sound like Tame Impala or Pink Floyd, just say it :toofunny: Lana’s music has had influences in psychedelia throughout her whole career, look at songs like For K P. 2, Smarty, a hefty chunk of UV/NFR, TNC, Get Free, even White Dress, Black Bathing Suit, Textbook, etc. Not to mention, a lot of her songs are dream pop or influenced by it, which is a derivative of neo-psychedelia/alt rock. I guess a tldr is that psychedelic isn’t just wah-wah guitars or phasers/flangers - a lot of psych music doesn’t even have electric guitars! Even EDM has psych genres like acid house/trance and new rave.

Either way, I personally don’t think Lana would sound good with a Tame Impala sound anyways LOL he’s a great producer but I haven’t been a fan of his latest music. I think I was pretty excited for Mike Dean but WFWF’s charm comes from the song’s subject and Lana’s vocal delivery (imo). I’d rather have Lana collab with someone like Johnathan Rado/Weyes Blood (production wise), Yves Tumor, Animal Collective, etc

sgopYhV.gif

That part in Sweet Carolina:

"You name your babe Lilac Heaven
After your iPhone 11
"Crypto forever," screams your stupid boyfriend
Fuck you, Kevin
"

it's actually genius. :true:

10 minutes ago, West Coast said:

After your iPhone 11
Fuck you, Kevin
"

SNoC2OP.gif

Took me out the first time I heard and still takes me out every time I hear it and I love it every single time :true:

Y0jLcfB.gif.˚₊‧.༻𓆩❤︎𓆪 My love's pourin' 𓆩‪‪❤︎𓆪༺.‧₊˚. yxuiMLe.gif
34h2wyS.gif

°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||Like a waterfall.||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||

1:32━━━━━♡────2:42

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺

2 hours ago, West Coast said:

After your iPhone 11
Fuck you, Kevin
"

what does it mean tho? and who is Kevin?

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

On 12/19/2021 at 12:00 PM, Deadly Cruel Girl said:

I agree. It has to be her best album title. 

The problem was the visuals which Lana fucked up by choosing awful album covers and terrible music videos. The video for Chemtrails was beautiful. That was the only good thing (visually) from that era. 

major retweet to this 

(weirdly enough) i feel like people would’ve liked the album way more if it had a beautiful, opulent cover art shot by a good photographer (no shade sorry charlie 😭)

the target cover is pretty, but god, some of the fanmade covers i’ve seen?? of her in the car and stuff?? amazing beautiful 10/10

also a few more title track level videos wouldve REALLY helped. dark but just a game + tulsa at LEAST (also a better white dress video. the song had so much potential but i refuse to count the monstrosity that is the white dress music video. terrible no good horrendous)

2 minutes ago, brandon said:

(weirdly enough) i feel like people would’ve liked the album way more if it had a beautiful, opulent cover art shot by a good photographer (no shade sorry charlie 😭) and a few more title track level videos (i refuse to count the monstrosity that is the white dress music video. terrible no good horrendous)

i definitely would've liked it more, i HATEEEEEE the visuals for chemtrails :toofunny: 

even the brthr video... it doesn't do it for me. it makes no sense for chemtrails at all i swear i'm so glad that chemtrails era ended quickly or else everyone would think im in my i hate lana era .... chuck's video for pawn shop blues was the best thing to come out around that time and it was as unrelated to chemtrails as anything could be

sUcVobB.png

8 minutes ago, honeybadger said:

i definitely would've liked it more, i HATEEEEEE the visuals for chemtrails :toofunny: 

even the brthr video... it doesn't do it for me. it makes no sense for chemtrails at all i swear i'm so glad that chemtrails era ended quickly or else everyone would think im in my i hate lana era .... chuck's video for pawn shop blues was the best thing to come out around that time and it was as unrelated to chemtrails as anything could be

i liked the chemtrails vid but kinda like, 50/50 - some of the scenes felt VERRYYY lazy (the market, the pool) 

i just like that it actually showed what i had in mind for the era i guess. opulence, kinda old money-ish, blonde lanz

the werewolf thing was kinda random but the “not everything’s as it seems at the country club” is exactly the vibe the album title evokes.. yet… that vibe it’s absolutely nowhere except for the title track video 

also… could they not have rented out like, an ACTUAL fancy ass old money country club instead of like, her backyard 😐😐😐

5 minutes ago, brandon said:

i liked the chemtrails vid but kinda like, 50/50 - some of the scenes felt VERRYYY lazy (the market, the pool) 

i just like that it actually showed what i had in mind for the era i guess. opulence, kinda old money-ish, blonde lanz

also… could they not have rented out like, an ACTUAL fancy ass old money country club instead of like, her backyard 😐😐😐

the backyard... the album cover scene of them sitting around the table giving me flashbacks and cold chills and nausea... that one scene with the girl doing the face shaky hand thing... the only parts i actually like are the ending because it sounds nice and its very blue and pretty and the part where she has the ice cube glass :trisha:

AND the colors are TOO SATURATED for chemtrails, i will die on this hill, chemtrails is NOT a saturated era, it is not bursting with color, it is on the less saturated side most definitely and is slightly cool with warm and pink tones and is a bit cloudy, cloud-like, with some soft white and pale pink roses and soft greens and blues of the sky and the red of her nails and her soft blonde hair... please let me at that album and all of its visuals im going to choke it 

sUcVobB.png

58 minutes ago, honeybadger said:

the backyard... the album cover scene of them sitting around the table giving me flashbacks and cold chills and nausea... that one scene with the girl doing the face shaky hand thing... the only parts i actually like are the ending because it sounds nice and its very blue and pretty and the part where she has the ice cube glass :trisha:

AND the colors are TOO SATURATED for chemtrails, i will die on this hill, chemtrails is NOT a saturated era, it is not bursting with color, it is on the less saturated side most definitely and is slightly cool with warm and pink tones and is a bit cloudy, cloud-like, with some soft white and pale pink roses and soft greens and blues of the sky and the red of her nails and her soft blonde hair... please let me at that album and all of its visuals im going to choke it 

RETWEET TO THE COLORS, the colors for the whole era were OFF 

like god i love neil krug to death but the editing on that one shoot had me confused as hell. that bright ass green????? 😭 hello what?? (it was cool but… theme wise?????)

also don’t get me started on the rodeo shoot. that is full on yeehaw. how did that fit into the concept of a damn COUNTRY CLUB 😭 you’re supposed to be golfing and chilling by the pool in your pearls not riding a damn horse in a flannel 

2 minutes ago, brandon said:

RETWEET TO THE COLORS, the colors for the whole era were OFF 

like god i love neil krug to death but the editing on that one shoot had me confused as hell. that bright ass green????? 😭 hello what?? (it was cool but… theme wise?????)

also don’t get me started on the rodeo shoot. that is full on yeehaw. how did that fit into the concept of a damn COUNTRY CLUB 😭 you’re supposed to be golfing and chilling by the pool in your pearls not riding a damn horse in a flannel 

RIGHT the green the BRIGHT blue turquoise in the brthr video and the neil shoot... like they're pretty as fuck but it makes NO sense.. and dont even mention the bright red-orange vinyl :toofunny:

the country club vs yeehaw ranch dichotomy is so frustrating, shouldve been chemtrails over the midwestern ranch instead ... chemtrails over the conservatives

sUcVobB.png

6 minutes ago, honeybadger said:

RIGHT the green the BRIGHT blue turquoise in the brthr video and the neil shoot... like they're pretty as fuck but it makes NO sense.. and dont even mention the bright red-orange vinyl :toofunny:

the country club vs yeehaw ranch dichotomy is so frustrating, shouldve been chemtrails over the midwestern ranch instead ... chemtrails over the conservatives

yeah brthr was a VERY interesting choice, his editing didn’t really match the vibes either but whatever. when i heard neil was doing the photos this era i was so excited it was gonna evoke exactly what i wanted it to but 😐 poorly poorly mistaken 

the yeehaw thing was incredibly annoying mostly because i remember pointing it out when those photos were released and people were like “umm it’s a COUNTRY club… it’s supposed to be yeehaw” like nice to know no one knows what a country club is apparently :toofunny: not even lanz does i guess :creep:

i think violet bent backwards over the grass deserves to be counted as an album. its more of a proper album than paradise and it often gets counted. violet had its own proper release and its own full era (not tied to another album/era like paradise was). even cotcc&bb didn't get proper eras. i think lana would expect us to count violet as equivalent to her other albums too :true:

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688