bwugdakfbabue

Kim Petras

15 minutes ago, the ocean said:

even if you decide to not do anything i still think that this should be assessed @takeitdoen @Clampigirl @Niko Dealergo

regardless of whether you're for or against kim this thread is just gonna be a place to fester hate

i’m also a mod :lmao:

I guess if people can’t stop being hateful to each other here then maybe the thread should be locked for a little while. But there is no reason to close discussion unless it really gets out of hand. I just don’t understand why some people can’t walk away from their phones or computers instead of leaving hateful comments. 

14417469274.gif

48 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

Me enjoying and supporting an album isn’t going to change that. Thanks for being so judgmental though. 

This bandwagoning and moral superiority attitude that online anonymity fosters is not how real face-to-face conversations work. I miss when people were more empathetic and open minded to views that weren’t their own. 

Why not agree to disagree instead of insulting me? Enjoy your high horse I guess. 

44 minutes ago, KeybladeMeister said:

Do y’all have jobs or hobbies, or do you spend your time trash talking artists you don’t like for fun? Mama go spend time talking about an artist you DO like. 
:w8ing:

27 minutes ago, Hundred Dollar Bill said:

All of this!! What gets me is that you can share the same beliefs as someone else, but if you don’t express them in the same exact way, your character is put into question & all sorts of disgusting insults directed at you are apparently OK. The first few years of lanaboards wasn’t like this, people could disagree (or even just share different perspectives of the same opinion) and actually have a respectful conversation about it. Not anymore unfortunately. 

You guys are right. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

Anyways i sent a PM in the mod chat & asked for extra opinions. If we collectively feel like it should be locked at least until album release, maybe we’ll do that. I personally think RESPECTFUL & open discussion is healthy, but if y’all can’t keep it cute we will probably lock it for a little. 

Don’t take that as an opportunity to be hateful to someone just because you hate Kim & want the thread locked btw. :toofloppy: 

I’ve overlooked a few ugly comments but will gladly give out WP’s for any vulgar insults from here on out x 

14417469274.gif

44 minutes ago, venicebitch said:

i mean... i hate Luke and y'all have every right to crticize her on working with him, but she's literally worth like how much? $5m now? She's very successful even if she's only known by gay community.

I'm pretty sure she would've been successful without Luke but the ugly truth is she's achieved what she's achieved with Luke-produced songs and he's still pretty influental and provided her with many opportunities. It sucks but it's true.

girl we need to see receipts. is this true?

39 minutes ago, Crimson and Clover said:

I’m not really paying much attention but wasn’t this already a controversy like back in 2017 with Kim??? Like I swore she said the same thing or was that a different artist??

yes that was kim too. that was the year Kesha released Praying (a song directly attacking luke) and Rainbow (the album) and the lawsuits started in 2014 so everything was still so fresh.

now we're getting fed up with people giving luke a successful platform (again)

I’ve wanted to come say I really like this new EP but I feel like I’m going get flayed alive. This chat has been scaring lmao 😂 

Anyways XXX is my favorite along with Treat Me Like a Slut and Throat Goat. 

Banks   Billie Eilish    Evanescence   Florence + the Machine

Grimes   Halsey   Lady Gaga   Lana Del Rey   Lights   Lorde   MARINA   

Melanie Martinez   Poppy   Purity Ring   Sky Ferreira   

this is going to be the last thing i'm posting in this thread before i spend mental energy on more productive things -

i know that there's some people who are upset that other people can't agree to disagree about this situation (among others)

the thing is that kim is working with a man that R*PED somebody and is CHOOSING to work with him - this isn't a contractual obligation there is both a receipt as well as her verbal confirmation that she has directly chosen to work with him

expecting people to agree to disagree over THIS SITUATION SPECIFICALLY shows what type of person you are

don't really care whether i get nasty quotes or a wp because it's true

that's all i'm out OlDphlP.gif

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

11 minutes ago, The Siren said:

yes that was kim too. that was the year Kesha released Praying (a song directly attacking luke) and Rainbow (the album) and the lawsuits started in 2014 so everything was still so fresh.

now we're getting fed up with people giving luke a successful platform (again)

this is so embarrassing for her tbh I’m sure there’s other producers she can work with???

sgopYhV.gif

Just now, Crimson and Clover said:

this is so embarrassing for her tbh I’m sure there’s other producers she can work with???

she's worked with a plethora of other producers but chooses to release stuff she's only done with luke for god knows why. 

Jon Castelli has produced some of her best songs but they all remain unreleased for ??? push push push has one of the best melodies shes ever crafted and the song is just.. dead.

SOPHIE's work with her DID come out but luke stole credits??? i doubt sophie wouldve ever wanted luke in a studio with her.

everything vaughn oliver does also has contributions done by luke. both members of the old band OLIVER (oliver goldstein aka oligee + vaughn oliver) still talk to luke, i can provide receipts later but the two olivers and luke are very close and in touch.

2 minutes ago, the ocean said:

this is going to be the last thing i'm posting in this thread before i spend mental energy on more productive things -

i know that there's some people who are upset that other people can't agree to disagree about this situation (among others)

the thing is that kim is working with a man that R*PED somebody and is CHOOSING to work with him - this isn't a contractual obligation there is both a receipt as well as her verbal confirmation that she has directly chosen to work with him

expecting people to agree to disagree over THIS SITUATION SPECIFICALLY shows what type of person you are

say it louder for the immoral ones in the back!

1 minute ago, Crimson and Clover said:

according to one of her besties on twitter, she had a lot of offers but ultimately chose luke.

which further dug her own grave slkdvxlzngnbfdhg

ill try to find the screenshots

8 minutes ago, the ocean said:

Agree with you here, you’re absolutely right. I’m all for open dialogue and disagreements unless it’s a topic like rape? Like seriously, what is there to disagree on? Kim is a bad person for working with a rapist and if you disagree there’s really no discussion needed to be held. It’s like if you disagree in any way I don’t think highly of you at all and I’m not sorry to say it 

Also my last post here. I’m just gonna stop talking about Kim and hope she falls off after this whole drama :toofunny: Sorry to anyone who I might’ve offended. I’ll continue browsing the non-argument side of Lanaboards like usual. 

giphy.gif 

Just now, miamigardenclub said:

she's worked with a plethora of other producers but chooses to release stuff she's only done with luke for god knows why. 

Jon Castelli has produced some of her best songs but they all remain unreleased for ??? push push push has one of the best melodies shes ever crafted and the song is just.. dead.

SOPHIE's work with her DID come out but luke stole credits??? i doubt sophie wouldve ever wanted luke in a studio with her.

everything vaughn oliver does also has contributions done by luke. both members of the old band OLIVER (oliver goldstein aka oligee + vaughn oliver) still talk to luke, i can provide receipts later but the two olivers and luke are very close and in touch.

Push Push Push is Aaron, it is her best song but Luke would've slapped his name on it 100% because Aaron is signed to him & has been for years

tumblr_m9qygi5S6s1rdc44xo1_500.gif

10 hours ago, The Siren said:

Apparently ~~~ she met him in 2013 but she was never signed to him until 2021. 

thank you for the clarification. at this point, kim has no excuse for working with him. to anyone in this topic who’s adamantly defending her, i recommend you go read multiple threads on twitter outlining everything that’s happened not only to kesha but to a ton of other artists like becky g, bonnie mckee, avril lavigne, charli xcx, bebe rexha, etc. it’s very eye opening just how disgusting the music industry is behind the scenes, and there’s multiple examples of kim somewhat excusing this behavior and sweeping it under the rug. this man is a well known abuser and manipulator of women and it’s not okay for artists to “respect” and willingly work with people like this no matter if you think it’s justified due to a business decision. dr. luke apparently isn’t the only abuser that kim works with, so i’m not surprised insults are being thrown at her. i agree that a lot of things being said are unnecessary but it’s hard to be offended when she’s literally insinuated that kesha was lying about the rape that occurred. i don’t think people should attack each other in the thread or attack kim on social media with nasty insults, but she should be held accountable along with anyone else who’s well aware of his behavior and choosing to ignore it.

tumblr_mxrgupWXRw1sdmzwwo1_500.gif

3 minutes ago, sack said:

thank you for the clarification. at this point, kim has no excuse for working with him. to anyone in this topic who’s adamantly defending her, i recommend you go read multiple threads on twitter outlining everything that’s happened not only to kesha but to a ton of other artists like becky g, bonnie mckee, avril lavigne, charli xcx, bebe rexha, etc. it’s very eye opening just how disgusting the music industry is behind the scenes, and there’s multiple examples of kim somewhat excusing this behavior and sweeping it under the rug. this man is a well known abuser and manipulator of women and it’s not okay for artists to “respect” and willingly work with people like this no matter if you think it’s justified due to a business decision. dr. luke apparently isn’t the only abuser that kim works with, so i’m not surprised insults are being thrown at her. i agree that a lot of things being said are unnecessary but it’s hard to be offended when she’s literally insinuated that kesha was lying about the rape that occurred. i don’t think people should attack each other in the thread or attack kim on social media with nasty insults, but she should be held accountable along with anyone else who’s well aware of his behavior and choosing to ignore it.

this is a rundown of what happened to Kesha

https://www.vulture.com/article/timeline-keshas-legal-fight-against-dr-luke.html

and ive posted these several pages ago but this thread highlights his blackmail over kesha since 2005

my BGs thread on FOTP

https://fotpforums.com/topic/192993-lets-once-again-revisit-why-we-need-to-stop-supporting-artists-that-continue-to-work-with-dr-luke/

kim signed to Amigo records owned by luke under republic

https://gagadaily.com/forums/topic/365475-kim-petras-signs-w-dr-luke’s-label-amigo-records-under-republic-records/