Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I'm still waiting for Cinnamon, HTD and HBB.

Anyway, when I get the song I'll change the title, that's fo sho.

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro

what if the snippet isnt the song because all we've heard from her about sylvia plath is that it is named sylvia/sylvia plath so the sudden name change doesn't make sense, maybe well get a new song but its a surprise

In all seriousness, I really do love the Sylvia snippet. At the very last part, I knew it would get better. I can tell Lana is going to really let loose in that song at some point and I can't wait to hear it. I love how she was also typing on a typewriter when the song was playing (I think that's what it was?). Anyway, I'm happy we have another song set for this month. Things will start to pick up now. :lolliney:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

what if the snippet isnt the song because all we've heard from her about sylvia plath is that it is named sylvia/sylvia plath so the sudden name change doesn't make sense, maybe well get a new song but its a surprise

I was thinking about that but well..we'll see

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

im gonna be extremely embarrassed if "hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have but i have it" is a part of the song (ESPECIALLY THE END OF THE SNIPPET BECAUSE IT FITS WITH THAT MELODY :toofunny: )

im gonna be extremely embarrassed if "hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have but i have it" is a part of the song (ESPECIALLY THE END OF THE SNIPPET BECAUSE IT FITS WITH THAT MELODY :toofunny: )

But if it's not in the song then the title is even weirder  :deadbanana:

WE WANT CINNAMON

WE ALSO WANT THIS SONG

am I like the only one that's never upset at her long titles? this one is just so ridiculous I have to laugh if anything

I'm not upset at all about this. I think it's kind of cool.

giphy.gif

Choose your character:

Coachella-Woodstock in my mind

God Bless America - And all the beautiful women in it

Beautiful People Beautiful Problems

When the world was at war before we just kept dancing

Hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

Unpopular opinion but...

I don't like this song. It sounds boring af. And the title is pretentious af.

Before everyone rants, I adore LDR and have loved every song she's teased this era so far - but this is straight up boring. Why in the world would she release this when she has How to Disappear, Happiness is a Butterfly, Cinnamon, and the new amazingness that is In Your Car (or whatever it will be called).

I'll give it a chance, and I'll even buy it to support her, but I'm now nervous that some of these snippets (i.e. CINNAMON), will not be released. She literally changes her mind at the last minute. And if you think people complaining about not getting Yosemite was annoying - considering no one has ever heard it and really just fell in love with a title - Cinnamon will be worst since we already got a tease of the sound, lyrics and overall vibe.

Fuck. She better have all these songs on the album. 

I don’t think Hope Is Dangerous (that’s what I’m callin it) is Sylvia. The title is optimistic, and she said Sylvia was “the saddest shit she’s ever written” I think she just had it playing

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

I never thought anyone could beat Shania Twain at ridiculously long song titles. Thank You Baby! (For Makin' Someday Come So Soon), (Wanna Get To Know You) That Good!, I'm Holdin' On To Love (To Save My Life), (If You're Not In It For Love) I'm Outta Here! and Home Ain't Where The Heart Is (Anymore) left the chat crying.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

I don’t think Hope Is Dangerous (that’s what I’m callin it) is Sylvia. The title is optimistic, and she said Sylvia was “the saddest shit she’s ever written” I think she just had it playing

She never said anything about hope in the snippet.

TEEEEAAAA

giphy.gif

Unpopular opinion but...

I don't like this song. It sounds boring af. And the title is pretentious af.

Before everyone rants, I adore LDR and have loved every song she's teased this era so far - but this is straight up boring. Why in the world would she release this when she has How to Disappear, Happiness is a Butterfly, Cinnamon, and the new amazingness that is In Your Car (or whatever it will be called).

I'll give it a chance, and I'll even buy it to support her, but I'm now nervous that some of these snippets (i.e. CINNAMON), will not be released. She literally changes her mind at the last minute. And if you think people complaining about not getting Yosemite was annoying - considering no one has ever heard it and really just fell in love with a title - Cinnamon will be worst since we already got a tease of the sound, lyrics and overall vibe.

Fuck. She better have all these songs on the album.

Like I said before, to the exception of RBFY, all the songs she teased with a snippet ended up on the album. And all the snippets fit the NFR atmosphere she described, so I have faith.