Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

With the amount of hype Cinnamon has gotten, and is still getting, she could drop it as the lead single and do promo and have a music video for it, and it'll be one of the songs people know her for. Like, obvs it won't be a chart topping single, but maybe top 30. Like, people are hyping it up to the point where my friends who don't know shit about Lana know about the song, and it isn't even released yet. obvs none of this will happen but it's just an idea

qfrWuBl.png

I am ~99% sure that Lana will give us some form of news before the end of the month - even if it's POETRY related

Yes the news will be that her poetry book is coming soon with another picture of her instagram girlfriends.

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

With the amount of hype Cinnamon has gotten, and is still getting, she could drop it as the lead single and do promo and have a music video for it, and it'll be one of the songs people know her for. Like, obvs it won't be a chart topping single, but maybe top 30. Like, people are hyping it up to the point where my friends who don't know shit about Lana know about the song, and it isn't even released yet. obvs none of this will happen but it's just an idea

She had lots of opportunities to get iconic songs through her carreer - people were very here for dark paradise for example - but she never lifted a finger to make it happen. And the music industry is so competitive if you don't work hard someone else will step in and do it instead of you.

You might be right about this. She finished her tour in spring and then she went straight back to studio and worked on NFR all summer (and maybe autumn as well) so saying that she needed a break would be a fair assumption. But in that case it would have made more sense to take a break, finish the book, and THEN release MAC and VB and announce the new album.

I agree. Releasing MAC and VB last year was a poor decision, even if get reputation among critics got better

MAC - I fucked up I know that but Jesus

VB - Oh God miss you on my lips

HIADT- serving up God in a burnt coffee pot

I talk to Jesus and Mary(scared of me) to be on the album-a theory

We know LDR worked or volunteered for a period in a homeless shelter when she was younger; that experience is very likely what she's referring to in 'Hope' when she sings the lyrics below. The shelter was probably in a church, as many are, and the 'Triad' is another, less common way of expressing the 'Holy Trinity,' the Father, Son and Holy Ghost. Note that 'Triad' is capitalized.  

I had fifteen-year dances

Church basement romances, yeah, I've cried

Spilling my guts with the Bowery bums

Is the only love I've ever known

Except for the stage, which I also call home, when I'm not

Servin' up God in a burnt coffee pot for the Triad

Since 'God' is featured in song titles on 3 of her LDR albums, it comes as no surprise that she's exploring the theme of God, religion and Christianity again. Many pop and rock artists have, from the Velvet Underground, George Harrison, the Doobie Brothers, Joni Mitchell and Queen to Kate Bush, Depeche Mode, Bruce Springsteen and Tori Amos, among others...it's a long list. 

Again, I am not advocating religion or Christianity, I'm sure underscoring what I see right in the lyrics, just as I would to LDR's references to drugs, sex and romance. 

We know LDR worked or volunteered for a period in a homeless shelter when she was younger; that experience is very likely what she's referring to in 'Hope' when she sings the lyrics below. The shelter was probably in a church, as many are, and the 'Triad' is another, less common way of expressing the 'Holy Trinity,' the Father, Son and Holy Ghost. Note that 'Triad' is capitalized.  

I had fifteen-year dances

Church basement romances, yeah, I've cried

Spilling my guts with the Bowery bums

Is the only love I've ever known

Except for the stage, which I also call home, when I'm not

Servin' up God in a burnt coffee pot for the Triad

Since 'God' is featured in song titles on 3 of her LDR albums, it comes as no surprise that she's exploring the theme of God, religion and Christianity again. Many pop and rock artists have, from the Velvet Underground, George Harrison, the Doobie Brothers, Joni Mitchell and Queen to Kate Bush, Depeche Mode, Bruce Springsteen and Tori Amos, among others...it's a long list. 

Again, I am not advocating religion or Christianity, I'm sure underscoring what I see right in the lyrics, just as I would to LDR's references to drugs, sex and romance. 

Interesting. I associated this with A.A. meetings. A majority of A.A. meetings are in church basements. People share their experience, strength and hope. (and pain) The coffee pot and a meeting go hand in hand. The A.A. triangle, recovery, unity, service. (Triad)   Who knows?  :)

Interesting. I associated this with A.A. meetings. A majority of A.A. meetings are in church basements. People share their experience, strength and hope. (and pain) The coffee pot and a meeting go hand in hand. The A.A. triangle, recovery, unity, service. (Triad)   Who knows?  :)

This has always been my interpretation as well. It makes the most sense and personally makes it more relatable for me. It’s def a very very personal cut, we may never know the full meaning behind it.

You're right, it might refer to AA, since she acknowledged that she was an alcoholic as a teen, and AA meetings, food pantries and homeless shelters are all often found in churches and church basements.

'Serv'in up God in a burnt coffee pot' makes me thing of her actually serving the homeless.

Part of the brilliance of the song, and some of her other songs, is that the interpretations can be so diverse and still seem accurate. 

I think the song puts her in a whole new category as a songwriter, but personally, it's not the sort of thing I look to her for.

'Old Money' is one of my two favorite LDR songs, but since she appears to be stepping into a character in that song, that of a mature woman looking back on her life with some desperation and regret, it has an almost universal appeal in capturing an essence so exactly, but 'Hope,' while I like it, is almost too personal for me. 

we have to get news in may... like theres no way she wont say anything

RIGHT?

There has to be some new info in V Magazine, which should be out by next month

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

The abstracts hover like dull angels:
Nothing so vulgar as a nose or an eye
Bossing the ethereal blanks of their face-ovals.

Their whiteness bears no relation to laundry,
Snow, chalk or suchlike. They're
The real thing, all right: the Good, the True . . .

Salutary and pure as boiled water,
Loveless as the multiplication table.
While the child smiles into thin air.

Six months in the world, and she is able
To rock on all fours like a padded hammock.
For her, the heavy notion of Evil

Attending her cost less than a bellyache,
And Love the mother of milk, no theory.
They mistake their star, these papery godfolk.

They want the crib of some lamp-headed Plato.
Let them astound his heart with their merit.
What girl ever flourished in such company?

--Sylvia Path, "Magi"

I would love if Lana picked up on this perspective on religion.  Looks like nowhere is safe from the papery godfolk of a piranha religion who mistake their star, not even LanaBoards.  What girl ever flourished in such company?

Cinnamon better be the lead single at this point or a yet unheard song of that caliber.

She'll troll us and release Happiness is a Butterfly, a song we've heard 90% of.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

She had lots of opportunities to get iconic songs through her carreer - people were very here for dark paradise for example - but she never lifted a finger to make it happen. And the music industry is so competitive if you don't work hard someone else will step in and do it instead of you.

dark paradise

florida kilos

summer bummer

lfl

cherry

cinnamon