Elle

"Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass" Spoken Word Poetry Album - Pre-Release Thread

I don't really care if her poetry will be labeled as weak, shallow, dubious, or whichever adjetives we will come up with this time. With THAT voice and that piano, she could be reading a poem about a lonely deformed potato that never made it into a beautiful salad - that would still be her magnum opus, and if it was up to me, she would be awarded with the Nobel Prize in Literature 2020.

Webp-net-resizeimage.gif

i'm so excited! i love the cover... i knew it was reminding me of something...

gz8tD58.jpg

fruit visuals since day one! and i'm also really glad there is music behind the poems.

oh man i'm so glad you brought this cover out. her and citrus fruits = bliss

869-DEC9-E-0-FB4-4-EAF-82-CA-790-EF45189

oh man i'm so glad you brought this cover out. her and citrus fruits = bliss

lots of vitamin c to protect our immune systems during these trying times!   :smile:

𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒸𝒶𝓃 𝓀𝑒𝑒𝓅 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝓂𝒶𝓇𝒾𝓁𝓎𝓃 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝒿𝑜𝒶𝓃 𝑜𝒻 𝒶𝓇𝒸

𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒸𝒶𝓃'𝓉 𝒻𝒾𝓃𝒹 𝒶𝓃𝑜𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇 𝓌𝑜𝓂𝒶𝓃 𝒷𝑒𝒻𝑜𝓇𝑒 𝑜𝓇 𝒶𝒻𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒹𝒶𝓇𝓀

𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓃 𝓂𝓎 𝒸𝑜𝓃𝑒𝓎 𝒾𝓈𝓁𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒷𝒶𝒷𝓎

gz8tD58.jpg

fruit visuals since day one! and i'm also really glad there is music behind the poems.

Marina’s froots are SHAKING

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

THERE WILL BE MUSIC WITH IT HOLY BALLSACK FUCK SHIT TITS PISS PUSSY

ok sorry

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Just in time for Easter...She is risen!  :woot: Who thinks Grenadine Quarantine and I Want a BF will be spoken word tracks?

I'm way more excited about it as an audiobook...her voice is what I love; just reading the words would not be the same. And with music by Jack... Burnt Norton 2.0 incoming!!!  :smile3:  :kiss:

‘Fucking God bless us all and let’s hope we make it through this.’
~LDR, Flaunt

I don't really care if her poetry will be labeled as weak, shallow, dubious, or whichever adjetives we will come up with this time. With THAT voice and that piano, she could be reading a poem about a lonely deformed potato that never made it into a beautiful salad - that would still be her magnum opus, and if it was up to me, she would be awarded with the Nobel Prize in Literature 2020.

For sure the potato thing will be on the same level as most of her metaphors, but have to agree that her voice, her emotion and the music will made that irrelevant. Truly want to listen to it!

Get that spoken word Grammy, queen! :legend:

So happy for us, and for her. She had dreams of being a beautiful poet. And livin' like Jim Morrison (who also wrote poetry).  :blush2:

‘Fucking God bless us all and let’s hope we make it through this.’
~LDR, Flaunt

gz8tD58.jpg

WTF. What rock have I been under I have never seen this????? context please  :hdu:  :hdu:  :hdu:

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

enhanced-18987-1460044104-1.png

AAAHAHA  :D   :teehee:  I like her sence of humour.

I always thought this would be a simple "poetry book" and thought why is it taking soooo long ?

But NOW , after reading the previous posted comments + news, I understand the long wait.

She is making music WITH the poetry she will be reading. This ought to be a very cool record.

This adds another dimension to the whole project.   I love it.

I also have in my music collection a few CDs with poetry readings with music.

Some CDs I bought many years ago, like Jack Kerouak, I had to drive almost 120 miles to buy them. Are they worth it? You betcha !!

It will be a pleasure to buy this Lana Del Rey poetry+music record and add it to my living room shelf - The Fine Poetry section, of course

-