Elle

"American Standards & Classics" Cover Album - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

i would've loved a lana cover album but this album will probs be full of 60+ year old songs that dont suit her voice (like summertime) so if it doesn't come out tonight it's whatever tbh. it's also gonna be infested with nikki lane so there's that..

qfrWuBl.png

I think this would be a project that is both ambitious and risky, so I hope it's not scrapped, because I like artists to be ambitious and risky. At any rate, early in ones vocal career is when to do this kind of thing, given showing off your voice at its best is one objective. 

In line with the famed LDR ambiguity, in the title American Standards and Classics, "classics" can still be detached from American Standards (or else the Federal Anti-Redundancy Taskforce may have to cite her). This would mean a few standards but with some things she considers "classics", along for the ride, maybe even by still living people. 

1 minute ago, slang said:

I think this would be a project that is both ambitious and risky, so I hope it's not scrapped, because I like artists to be ambitious and risky. At any rate, early in ones vocal career is when to do this kind of thing, given showing off your voice at its best is one objective. 

In line with the famed LDR ambiguity, in the title American Standards and Classics, "classics" can still be detached from American Standards (or else the Federal Anti-Redundancy Taskforce may have to cite her). This would mean a few standards but with some things she considers "classics", along for the ride, maybe even by still living people. 

I don’t believe it’s scrapped because we know for sure that she recorded with Zach for this, and I doubt they only came up with like two complete songs. 

it might be postponed a bit, or it could be a simple cute EP, or it could be the next album after Chemtrails, we knows, but we will hear it at some point (still hoping for a cute EP for the holiday break, until the title track of Chemtrails) 

1 hour ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I don’t believe it’s scrapped because we know for sure that she recorded with Zach for this, and I doubt they only came up with like two complete songs. 

it might be postponed a bit, or it could be a simple cute EP, or it could be the next album after Chemtrails, we knows, but we will hear it at some point (still hoping for a cute EP for the holiday break, until the title track of Chemtrails) 

Her having done some work is not *automatically* comforting (or else where is that EP she did with Princess Superstar?). But I do want her to be ambitious with this. Recently, Bob Dylan had 5 CDs worth of standards before (nonchalantly) winning the Nobel Prize for Literature for his own work (way back when). Lady Gaga (and K. D. Lang) have both done cover albums with Tony Bennett. Carly Simon, Linda Rondstadt, and Chaka Khan have had "classics" and/or standards cover albums. Probably a bunch I've left out. Not to put any pressure on her, but I really would like her to deliver something like Frank Sinatra did with Past, Present, Future (not exactly successful for him, but nominated for a helluva lot of grammys--and lol what it actually won for!):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trilogy:_Past_Present_Future

Only she would substitute her unreleased-album selectees for the "Future", e.g. past, present, and songs from the rose garden (think Burnt Norton "lyrics").

6 minutes ago, Dominikx4 said:

if this is not coming tomorrow, im predicting a Violet style release sometime in the summer with physical copies tbh

Since Chemtrails is coming soon anyway and I want(need) this project released on vinyl, I’d honestly prefer this. But I wouldn’t say no to a digital copy right away either...

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

2 minutes ago, urgirl said:

:cryney: she wouldn’t disappoint us ON CHRISTMAS she wouldn’t do that she knows how we feel :cryney:

:um:

It's already the 25th here and there's nothing, so unless it's midnight LA time or something ...

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

NEW ALBUM TODAY LADIES

:beyonce:

don’t give up - everyone thought the spirit of cocc was dead too but it’s alive + well

:nono:

she recorded this album

:lolliney:

she teased it

:oop:

and despite a lot of people not being excited the fan base LOVED SUMMERTIME

:sass:

SO WE WIN

:wink:

im sure we'll get the cover album sometime before / maybe even after COCC Zach Dawes has been posting Stories of him working on it in the studio so I think its safe to assume she'll hold onto it until there's a lull period in content - as for the long pre-order its probably to boost first week sales due to low music consumption during quarantine: didn't Shawn mendes' new album only pull like 90,000 first week :usrsney: 

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif