Elle

"American Standards & Classics" Cover Album - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

6 minutes ago, strange weather said:

She's so unreliable it's beyond frustrating at this point. Good thing I wasn't even looking forward to this. Bring on Chemtrails!

She’s gonna drop that one out of the blue, I think. It could be this week or after Chemtrails, depending on its release date (can’t wait to finally have some sort of calendar for her albums...)

Whenever this comes out, it better include “Walking After Midnight”

In the livestream she name drops wanting to do Patsy Cline songs, and walking after midnight always seemed like a song Lana would sing 

"Don’t forget me"

13 minutes ago, Nikogo said:

Whenever this comes out, it better include “Walking After Midnight”

In the livestream she name drops wanting to do Patsy Cline songs, and walking after midnight always seemed like a song Lana would sing 

my favorite patsy cline song. I would literally die if Lana covered it

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

10 hours ago, wild caged animal said:

wait I've never realized that she said "standard FOLK songs" :bebe: So it wouldn't have been songs from the Great American Songbook after all? Maybe both. I'm glad I didn't know because the disappointment would've been more severe.

What's the deal(er) with Zach Dawes albums and songs disappearing btw?? :uh:

zach dawes projects for lana are the equivalent of SOPHIE projects for charli :hoe:

Y0jLcfB.gif.˚₊‧.༻𓆩❤︎𓆪 My love's pourin' 𓆩‪‪❤︎𓆪༺.‧₊˚. yxuiMLe.gif
34h2wyS.gif

°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||Like a waterfall.||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||

1:32━━━━━♡────2:42

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺

Damn I was trying to find this thread for days. I wonder if Lana is ever gonna mention anything about this? I'll be pissed if COCC album gets pushed back to release this first. It can come after, please and thank you

On 12/28/2020 at 10:42 PM, alexzdelrey said:

It's kinda remarkable this girl has a career at all. She almost never releases things on their announced release date. but "Spending 90 days in a facility" and coming back with a whole new album & "look" is pretty impressive. 

lana was in a facility?

Lana Del Rey, Maggie Lindemann, Banks, Melanie Martinez, & Taylor Momsen are my guardian angels 

Well,  'Lana Del Rey' is not not Hispanic, so I'm not abandoning hope for a release of something till after Feb 2nd (Candlemas). However, hopefully, she'll say something about ASC before 3 Kings' Day (Jan. 6).

Just now, slang said:

Well,  'Lana Del Rey' is not not Hispanic, so I'm not abandoning hope for a release of something till after Feb 2nd (Candlemas). However, hopefully, she'll say something about ASC before 3 Kings' Day (Jan. 6).

But wait a sec....what does her not, not being hispanic, have anything to do with anything? :um2:

3 minutes ago, slang said:

you bringing up the most arbitrary holidays to find some sort of validation in Lana's words............... she really has us hooked, huh

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

16 minutes ago, Lentilus said:

But wait a sec....what does her not, not being hispanic, have anything to do with anything? :um2:

Bc those are spanish holidays (like xmas) and her name is hispanic. He's using her "I'm not not a feminist" quote as a joke while saying this project might be out on those holidays lmao

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

7 minutes ago, Yosemite said:

Bc those are spanish holidays (like xmas) and her name is hispanic. He's using her "I'm not not a feminist" quote as a joke while saying this project might be out on those holidays lmao

:deadbanana:how did I not get that!! thanks for the clear up!

12 minutes ago, Yosemite said:

I thought she is british :sass:

Mfhp.gif

10 minutes ago, Electric Body said:

Kat Edmonsons debut album was essentially a cover allbum but if you don't know you would not notice. Y'all are so stuck within your "bUt cOvErS aRe NoT hEr OwN sOnGs"-neurosis it hurts.

i can see why tho tbh, a lot of the allure to Lana’s songs is knowing that she wrote them herself and that it’s inspired by stories from her own life/mind because she’s such an interesting person overall, with covers that aspect is lost and she’s just dubbing someone else’s story

personally when I listen to Lana, the lyrics come first and the voice comes second, with covers the lyrics are forced to come second bc they’re not written by her if u get me

RVhKIwP.gif