partymonster

Olivia Rodrigo

has anyone listened to guts yet? i’m about to, what are the highlights for everyone so far? not really a fan of either of the two singles, especially bad idea right, but i have high hopes for Lacey and The Grudge

pskiQfS.jpeg

Your wife waters flowers, I wanna kill her 

21 minutes ago, crazyforyou said:

has anyone listened to guts yet? i’m about to, what are the highlights for everyone so far? not really a fan of either of the two singles, especially bad idea right, but i have high hopes for Lacey and The Grudge

I honestly don't think there's a skip I love both the singles and on first listen the standouts are (possible spoilers)

Spoiler

lacy, logical, homeschool (the bridge :sluttybunny:), making the bed (it's giving melodrama), get him back!, and the grudge.

1 hour ago, crazyforyou said:

Funnily enough my favorites are very different from the previous user LOL. I think she strengths as an artist are more evident in non-ballad mode.

Spoiler

All American Bitch, Love is Embarrassing and SPECIALLY Pretty Isn’t Pretty are my favorites and all around great great songs.

IMG-1607.jpg

1 hour ago, crazyforyou said:

It’s a million times better than sour imo

Spoiler

My favorites are making the bed, vampire, lacey, and pretty isn’t pretty. 

making the bed is her best song ever and even though it’s about her dealing with her fame it isn’t unrelatable, which I find to be an issue with a lot of songs relating to fame lol.

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

4 hours ago, crazyforyou said:

anyways i did listen to Guts a few hours ago and here are my faves and thoughts 

Spoiler

1. pretty isn’t pretty - probably my new fave olivia song, so fucking relatable 

2. making the bed - one of her new best lyrically, it’s honestly so sad

3. love is embarrassing - love the angst it’s very Foolish One coded 

- also is anyone else getting Nothing New / What Was I Made For vibes from teenage dream? i loved that one too.

- the grudge was a bit of a disappointment, i thought the ballads on this album were great, but that one kind of fell short imo

- definitely like this more than sour, even though there might be more skips on guts, the overall songwriting is much stronger, more vulnerable, and more adventitious from her breakup songs on Sour. Guts is like an 8.5/10 for me and Sour a 7/10 

- also had high hopes for the opening track, especially when i saw the Lana reference, but it’s hands down my least fave track, honestly kinda boring 

and i don’t like the chorus or outro

pskiQfS.jpeg

Your wife waters flowers, I wanna kill her 

This is one of the only albums in recent years that I’ve immediately loved and didn’t need to have it grow on me. It seems to have a lot of mixed opinions but I honestly see this being a cult-classic in Olivia’s discography later on. To me it perfectly takes the themes of sour and expands upon them while sounding more mature at the same time. The melodies are super catchy and I think the production on the ballads has made them way better than most of the more forgettable ones on sour. Overall I’m obsessed!

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

Someone forced me to listen to this jndvnjd

Not really a Olivia stan, this album is no exception. I really loved lacy (an extremely clever track) and I absolutely love the chorus of ballad of a homeschool girl (that title :toofunny:) but the album is covered with juvenile lyrics, which makes sense considering her age, and its not really for me. I don't really like her music now but maybe in the future (?) or its alright for me just not to click lol

Y0jLcfB.gif.˚₊‧.༻𓆩❤︎𓆪 My love's pourin' 𓆩‪‪❤︎𓆪༺.‧₊˚. yxuiMLe.gif
34h2wyS.gif

°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||Like a waterfall.||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||

1:32━━━━━♡────2:42

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺

I actually really enjoyed this album :oprah:

My faves after firsten listen : bad idea right? , making the bed , logical , get him back ! , love is embarassing & pretty isn't pretty 

Some of them were actually really relatable for me like logical, love is embarassing & pretty isn't pretty :trisha:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

14 hours ago, crazyforyou said:

I loved the singles tbh :cuteface:

my favorite is probably all american bitch I love the female rage and bottling up of emotions depicted. and pretty when I cry hihi

I'm not into the sad songs too much, but that's just me I guess. 

Pretty isn't pretty anymore is also a vocally amazing song imo. She did good on this album. I feel like angry girl rock is making a more mainstream comeback. 

I kinda skimmed through the whole album and I really loved Making The Bed, it reminded me of Melodrama a lot. I think it's better than Sour and it's probably her best album but like I'm not like a "stan" of her music, I'm just a casual listener. Does it deserve 98% in Metacritics. No (it'll drop anyways because most reviews will be published later). I still kinda think her music is too teenagery nevertheless I think it's good. It's not really groundbreaking but if people love it I'm happy for them and Olivia :party:

url%5D