Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

Tbh that's what I'm kinda worried about. Her covers have kinda progressively gotten worse with her albums. I mean the LFL cover was just kinda...eh. Lana standing slightly titled and stiffly with that creepy smile. Also, the NFR cover was just kinda all over the place. Don't get me wrong I like the concept of the cover and the painted blue sky is beautiful. However, they looked mismatched, the colour palette doesn't fit (her coat, her nail polish, her gray-ish skin), the font is honestly ugly and the perspective of the picture makes her hand look hella big. The whole thing just looked "too crowded" with different ideas, amateur and DIY.

I hope on COCC that the cover is actually beautiful and is actually edited out properly. I hold on to the believe that Nicole Nodland is actually apart of this and will come through with some great visuals.

The NFR album cover is her most elaborated yet, it even references three songs, MAC (You lose your way, just take my hand/You’re lost at sea, then I'll command your boat to me again), The greatest (LA’s in flames it’s getting hot) and FIILY (I like to see everything in neon). This album cover has an actual concept, unlike her other albums where she’s basically standing in front of a car. Only the HM one is more elaborated, but there’s not much depth in any of her other album covers.

But if you prefer covers like BTD where there’s basically nothing, you do you. I just hope Nicole’s skills with photoshop improved because she did Lana’s face dirty on BTD :hooker:

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

The NFR album cover is her most elaborated yet, it even references three songs, MAC (You lose your way, just take my hand/You’re lost at sea, then I'll command your boat to me again), The greatest (LA’s in flames it’s getting hot) and FIILY (I like to see everything in neon). This album cover has an actual concept, unlike her other albums where she’s basically standing in front of a car. Only the HM one is more elaborated, but there’s not much depth in any of her other album covers.

But if you prefer covers like BTD where there’s basically nothing, you do you. I just hope Nicole’s skills with photoshop improved because she did Lana’s face dirty on BTD :hooker:

thank you, most people here only want a pretty portrait shot woth no thoughts behind it whatsoever. id much rather have a creative and thoughtful cover like HM or NFR than another BTD, UV or LFL

image.png

Agree about Nicole's photoshopping skills on the BTD cover. But, the NFR cover is quite the eyesore to me. :)

I’m undecided on whether I want an album that flows even more seamlessly than Honeymoon or if I want one that’s even more all over the place than Lust for Life, but I kinda hope it’s one extreme or the other.

Something like NFR is very well balanced between LFL’s diverse styles and HM’s unique mood. I love both albums, and HM is in my top three from her, but by songs 11 or 12, it lacked a bit of tempo. It took me a long time to love Swan Song because it was at the end of the album and sounded a bit « one-note » compared to the others. LFL is too long and is hard to listen from cover to cover. I’ve mentioned this many times, but her best albums are the ones that are around the 60-minute mark.

Cover idea that could be bad idk: She's at a party at the country club and she's the only one wearing a mask. Everybody's dancing and laughing while she's looking up in the sky at the ''chemtrails''. Everybody is living the rich LA lifestyle, not worried about the chemtrails or the virus while she's the sad, woke one, LOL  :scoff:

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

Cover idea that could be bad idk: She's at a party at the country club and she's the only one wearing a mask. Everybody's dancing and laughing while she's looking up in the sky at the ''chemtrails''. Everybody is living the rich LA lifestyle, not worried about the chemtrails or the virus while she's the sad, woke one, LOL :scoff:

i like this minus the mask part. Cause it’s too “current” and also she doesn’t wear a mask irl lmao

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

Okay. Been a minute since I've cruised these boards. Hope you don't mind a few questions.

1) How sure are we that CotCC is gonna be the title? I know she mentioned it in an Instagram live, but has there been any publishing info/leaks from websites?

2) How can we prevent Chuck from shooting the album cover?

3) Who here truly believes this thing is coming out anytime before 2021?

:)

tumblr_lj6u4h4gsC1qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Okay. Been a minute since I've cruised these boards. Hope you don't mind a few questions.

1) How sure are we that CotCC is gonna be the title? I know she mentioned it in an Instagram live, but has there been any publishing info/leaks from websites?

2) How can we prevent Chuck from shooting the album cover?

3) Who here truly believes this thing is coming out anytime before 2021?

:)

If u google lanas shop, it says in the description "shop merchandise and media from upcoming 2020 album Chemtrails over the country club ".

is it bad i still think nicole did the shoot... that post and her pfp and how she was reminiscing an old shoot with lana... can NOT be a coincidence.

if it all was a coincidence, the universe has something against us.

Something like NFR is very well balanced between LFL’s diverse styles and HM’s unique mood. I love both albums, and HM is in my top three from her, but by songs 11 or 12, it lacked a bit of tempo. It took me a long time to love Swan Song because it was at the end of the album and sounded a bit « one-note » compared to the others. LFL is too long and is hard to listen from cover to cover. I’ve mentioned this many times, but her best albums are the ones that are around the 60-minute mark.

It would be nice if COTCC had 11 tracks. I love 11 tracks albums, they’re not too long, and usually really cohesive when they’re produced by someone good and when the artists themselves are talented (Lorde with Melodrama, Weyes Blood with Titanic Rising, which is even shorter). I’m also scared about getting overwhelmed by everything Lana puts out if the album is long. We’re getting a 14 tracks record of poetry next week, we only got NFR a year ago, it would maybe be a bit too much if Chemtrails has more than, let’s say, 12 or 13 tracks.

I still listen to NFR on a daily basis, and I want to be able to fully appreciate the poetry and the new record without feeling like Lana is giving us too much at once.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

on the topic of her albums covers i thought born to die was supposed to be a reference to the movie blue velvet, lust for life seems meaningful too just because it's simple i think it symbolizes quintessential LDR with her standing in front of a car with the blue sky as the background but this time she's smiling because LFL was supposed to be the 180 of BTD

blue-velvet-red-roses.jpg
born-to-die-4f3ac0c16af41.jpg

also nfr's cover her face is clearly photoshopped too much i mean it's crazy how much it looks identical to her face on the BTD cover just with a different lip color

i love you, but you don't understand me.

I've always liked the way nicole edits her face, it still looks exactly like her to me

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e