Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

2 minutes ago, honeybadger said:

also was the annie mac interview really even a disaster outside of this website and probably twitter? or do i just not remember that time at all, likely the latter :ma:

kind of? it wasn't as big as qftc but it started to gain traction on twitter that very same day. it was until she cleared herself up and then all the comments stopped. tbh i found the interview confusing but it made me really mad when people said like lizzy get back on your meds or something like that which is just so wrong. 

Ever since QFTC, the tide has been against her in the US. Annie Mac interview did nothing to fight back the Lana Del Reycist memes. But also, COCC is the opposite style of the music that’s making her popular amongst that 14-21 demo (Queen of Disaster, Meet Me in the Pale Moonlight etc)

7 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:

so happy for everyone who was strong enough not to listen to the leak to finally hear it :trisha:

Wish I was! I fell, like every damn time, but all I can say is

Spoiler

It is really worth the wait. Ready to throw my streams in her direction. I truly love this record.

Friday can't come faster :defeated: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

13 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

Only 48 hours to go! :oprah:

:wub::wub: Can’t believe we’re this close! Each day has felt so very long and present, and all the waiting is about to pay off! 48 hours until Chemtrails...:hype:

Spoiler

Honestly, her voice on NATWWAL are some of her best

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

4 star review from a French magazine called Telerama, I typed it out into Google translate from a picture lmao:

Graceful melancholy, art of quotation, intelligent arrangements ... The intriguing American honors the legacy of her models Joni Mitchell and Stevie Nicks.

There was a before and after Norman Fucking Rockwell, in 2019. The pop diva with evanescent vocals, revealed by Video Games, perfection of frozen pop song, finally emerged from this cocoon of little purring and the force of romanticism by which we struggled to to be touched. Lana Del Rey, contrary to what was predicted, did not slowly evaporate. An intriguing personality, marrying in a disconcerting way the height of manufactured glamor with texts and a determined girl's point of view, she has always invoked references of tastes whose sincerity can no longer be questioned.

If Chemtrails Over the Country Club, by continuing its aesthetic line, benefits from a repeated listening interest thanks to its predecessor, it does not take long to become self-sufficient. Lana Del Rey even beautifully crosses a new milestone in her conquest of a status of major artist and author, worthy of the models - women, as feminine and sensitive as they are strong and sharp - that she claims: Joan Baez, Stevie Nicks, Joni Mitchell.

"Lana Del Rey, between nostalgia for a bygone era and modern writing."

This definitive takeoff is revealed in the middle of the album, with Not All Who Wander Are Lost, followed by Yosemite, where the artifices (arrangements, production) remain behind to let the singer finally advance without a net in the skin of a great folk woman carried by her words, her emotions, her interpretation. Her voice, with the affirmed fragility, is familiar with these artists of Laurel Canyon whose heritage she honors. While maintaining her Tarantino-esque art of overplaying the quote and a passionate nostalgia for a bygone era - the Hollywood of dreams and the rock scene, free and emancipated, of yesteryear, she stages, with experience helping, her graceful melancholy of modern woman, both fierce and frightened.

"Are these my good years or do I have none?" she wonders in Breaking Up Slowly, in the middle of a magical sequence of tracks that lead, behind the celebratory Dance Till We Die, to the perfect conclusion: a delicate cover of Joni Mitchell's For Free, supported by Weyes Blood, which is self-evident. Afterwards, all that remains is to listen to the entire album again, with a new ear, transporting the first titles by this beautiful and restless journey to which we are invited. - Hugo Cassavetti

He highlighted the entire second half of the album. :lmao:

my bf: did you fall asleep? (after like 15 minutes of not hearing from me)

me: no sorry i got lost in cocc :hair:

him: what??

me: chemtrails lol

him: ahh :eartha2::stareney3:

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Spoiler

The way the opening tune of the cocc mv isn't included in any song and those vocals at the end aren't in the single. I guess we can't have everything :bebe:

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

5 hours ago, D3vilboy said:

We never got the interview on the beach either i think? She probably ghosted 

this whole era is such a mess.

like no promotion, delayed releases, very few interviews

It looks like there's very little interest in her as well.

i mean, the media solely seem to be into her weight gain, aside from NME

I remember the BTD days where she was everywhere you stepped into

Now she seems to be as popular as, well, weyes blood, or perfume genuius, 

But then she has just made an album about how much she hates fame and wants to go back to a simpler life, so who knows.