Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

happy bithday to lana and happy birthday to me!

i'm 99% sure she'll post something today, maybe the album cover and pre-order, maybe a happy bithday post to herself, either way we're in for a treat

9 minutes ago, OuterSpace said:

and exciting at the same time :flutter::flutter: Isn’t this the first time that we would’t know the album’s name until it’s release? 

I wish I could see it as exciting :poordat:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

1 hour ago, Bunny Mozart said:

I really don't get why ppl put so much significance into what the opening and closing track is tbh. A lot of people just pick out a song they feel like listening to and rarely listen to the album in full anyway

Since the advent of the 'album' itself as a kind of artistic statement (which some believe started in 1958 with Frank Sinatra's 'Frank Sinatra Sings For Only the Lonely') instead of just a loose collection of songs, musicians like the Beatles, the Rolling Stones, Joni Mitchell, the Velvet Underground, and Bob Dylan have placed songs with purpose as the first track and last, and the order of all the others has often mattered (look at 'Abbey Road,' for an extreme example). Sometimes the songs tell a story of a kind, sometimes it's the way the songs sound that make a difference.  

From a commercial standpoint, the record companies in the 1970s always wanted a banger as the first track, something that would immediately catch the listener's attention--which is just common sense. Most of these ideas have continued right into 2021. R.E.M., Jeff Buckley, Tori Amos, Twenty-One Pilots, Amy Winehouse, Lord Huron, Father John Misty, Kaleo and others certainly pay a lot of attention to the order of the songs, as we know from interviews. 

But I agree with you, once I know what the artist's vision for the order was, I don't care much. I remove the track numbers and list them alphabetically in iTunes, and listen to them that way, or randomly on shuffle, or search for a certain track I want to hear. 

1 hour ago, MrFameKills said:

When the album ends up not having a title track :hype:

Edit: and technically it wouldn't if it was still called RCS since rock candy sweet is just a lyric

I would love it. Just like Paradise

http://EB94-F944-4-FE0-4885-9-DE3-3-CC6-C68-A9-

The legacy

7 minutes ago, Honeyyoung said:

i still think we didn't see what BOZ meaned meant with this

Imagem

Well if it was in regards to the actual music, we may never know what he meant since she scrapped most the original songs :rollin:

15 minutes ago, Honeyyoung said:

Imagem

i’d pay good money to know what exactly he meant by this project isn’t what y’all expect….and we’ll probably never know now that she scrapped most of it :eek:

like in hindsight the 3 songs we have were exactly what people were expecting: either piano ballads or "boring" (for some people). none of them were something new or "omg i can’t believe she’s doing that" so…what the fuck was he talking about ? was the orignal tracklist more different and experimental, or a genre we’re not used to from her? and now that it’s scrapped wtf is it? if it’s not music related was he shocked by the album not having a release date and being a surprise album? having a real tour that won’t be cancelled after 15 dates? THAT would be something none of us expect….idk so many questions with this damn album I JUST WANT IT HOOKED TO MY VEINS AND I WANT IT NOW TF:cryney2:

25 minutes ago, Honeyyoung said:

Imagem

With how he worded it, it has to be about the album as a whole (cause he said project so it's not about the 3 singles). As some of you said, if she changed the tracklist maybe the concept changed too...

I think when he told us about the new title and all that he said that after it's released he would spill some fun facts about the scrapped material so maybe we'll know then. 

giphy.gif

BOZ said that they’re going to spill some of the tea after the album is released. Hope they’re gonna say something in regards of what you guys just mentioned. 

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

I think when he told us about the new title and all that he said that after it's released he would spill some fun facts about the scrapped material so maybe we'll know then. 

i don’t think he said that :stareney:

Also, BOZ said he hasn't heard the new songs on the album.... so what if some of those songs are the same with a different title? 

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

3 minutes ago, Hydroponic Weeds said:

Also, BOZ said he hasn't heard the new songs on the album.... so what if some of those songs are the same with a different title? 

Speaking of that though, do we know what kinds of things he gets access to? Is it like a vault of entire albums that he listens to? I vaguely recall someone saying Eclipse gets YouTube upload info? So that’s seems very different from how BOZ might get his news :whatever2:

4 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

i don’t think he said that :stareney:

he literally said

I won't judge as I haven't heard new stuff yet, but she did remove something I really hoped would make it...

I will post some fun facts sometime once the album is out

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

Well I hope that the scrapped material is worse than what we'll get :gasp:

7 minutes ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

she did remove something I really hoped would make it...

If he means Dealer we must start a riot. I won't stand another Yosemite situation (even though it was worth waiting 4 years for)

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

Just now, The Stargirl Pinky said:

Speaking of that though, do we know what kinds of things he gets access to? Is it like a vault of entire albums that he listens to? I vaguely recall someone saying Eclipse gets YouTube upload info? So that’s seems very different from how BOZ might get his news :whatever2:

I thought Eclipse got things from his brother or friend who has an in at iTunes or apple music or some streaming service.

As far as BOZ goes, I'm not sure of his source but it seems like he gets things from the mixing loop of things, like when things get sent to be mixed or the final mixes get sent. i know some people got the mixing stage of cocc and dealer was included in that. 

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

2 minutes ago, PeroxidePrincess said:

If he means Dealer we must start a riot. I won't stand another Yosemite situation (even though it was worth waiting 4 years for)

me too, I can't believe the same situation is happening again, watch dealer not be on this album :defeated:

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

3 minutes ago, PeroxidePrincess said:

I think he didn't like Dealer so if it was supposed to be in RCS/BB/LD8 maybe we'll get it this time :brows:

giphy.gif

Not doing something we’d expect...hmmmm.. is she doing a one woman show on broadway and that’s the album? A musical? Ohhhhh

or maybe she’s gonna pull a johnny depp from that one film and fuse w the internet n give us a cyber show album sim to bjork w 360 degrees. 

OH FUCK! Maybe she’s opening a bakery n she can call it, Sweet Cake BB. 

the possibilities are endless. The teasing. The teasing is brittle. At least atm? Oof

UV/Honeymoon