Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

1 minute ago, FallingCherry said:

Just a speculation, but if BOZ has no idea of why Rick is credited on CB, it might be because Lana made last minute changes on it. She could’ve reworked something with Rick just before submitting the album to the label, and BOZ only had the version of the album before this song got reworked. Thus he didn’t have the version with Rick on the credits 

And Rick posted the announcement of their collaboration on his IG story so this kinda implies that he may have worked on the song a bit more. Lol, I love how uncertain everything feels when it comes to Lana. 

3 minutes ago, your dealer said:

Living Legend is reworked. It's not as flat and is more robust and airy with some nice strings and piano and drums. Sounds more like it belongs on BB now.  It sounds really nice. 

Thunder has some more parts where the piano is prominent. The song starts with just piano and Lana singing and more instruments are added however it still has all the other instruments, it's cleaned up. The chorus is pretty much the same with the background singers. 

When you say LL isn’t as flat, are you talking about the production, or the vocals too? Because there are definitely some flat vocal moments in the leaked version

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

3 minutes ago, FallingCherry said:

When you say LL isn’t as flat, are you talking about the production, or the vocals too? Because there are definitely some flat vocal moments in the leaked version

as stated previously(dont wanna steal words), the song in general sounds more alive. The production in terms of the instruments and how they are arranged is more noticeable than whatever changes there are with the vocals. I can't speak on it much more than that. 

faSE.gif

10 minutes ago, Style said:

me too just because i wanna be able to put it on my instagram story with the music feature :toofloppy: it’s the best way of promo-ing her music to my irls 

She said the last part of the album is "where we're at" and the UV outtakes are all down there so ????

8 hours ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

it's a line from his new album that's coming out next month.. he also posted the lyrics "you're snooping around, and you're cutting things down, with your spells and your magic and your underground frown, imagining some scribbles to terrify the town" and i can't help thinking it might be about lana.. could related to the bridge of the blackest day / 24.. but i'm probably overthinking it bc i love honeymoon too much LOL

also speaking of barrie can you guys go watch the video of him singing to a recording of a song (on his instagram story) ?? at the beginning it sounds like lana's voice in the recording very quietly right ?? maybe it's from BB

Wow I need his album as much as BB now

2 minutes ago, your dealer said:

as stated previously(dont wanna steal words), the song in general sounds more alive. The production in terms of the instruments and how they are arranged is more noticeable than whatever changes there are with the vocals. I can't speak on it much more than that. 

Insider era, i see

hm.gif

0YnL0Kf.gif

8 hours ago, venicebitch said:

I think with her narrative of this album being about her past and present she wanted to put the Ultraviolence outtakes to get an UV redemption in some way, just stating how important that period of her life was and how it reflects on who she is today 

8 hours ago, whitelungswhitepalms said:

Thinking about how Ultraviolence was about Barrie and how down she was during that era, I mean like that album isn’t the most cherry thing lol

and now they’re working together?!?!? Icons truly wish they got back together especially after all this personal growth 

I agree with all of this! It's all I can think about.

Just now, littleredpartydress said:

I really hope it doesn’t leak early, the COCC leak literally was so anti climactic and by the time the album was released I had been listening to the songs for 10 days :rip:

the funnest part of pre releases is those last 3 or so days where everyone is just totally desperate for it 

yeah i listened to the leak for a while but then i kept the last 4 songs for when the album dropped. not listening to it if it leaks tho, and i think we should all do the same. keep the little surprise we have for when it arrives

2 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:

I really hope it doesn’t leak early, the COCC leak literally was so anti climactic and by the time the album was released I had been listening to the songs for 10 days :rip:

the funnest part of pre releases is those last 3 or so days where everyone is just totally desperate for it 

I’ll never forget waking up, being like “what happened?!?” and the responses were “UAK bestie :bebe: