Elle

LDR9 Speculation & Discussion Thread

3 hours ago, Whore of Tropico said:

I'm so sick and tired of these kinds of narrative that these people try to attach to Lana's brand when it comes to the subject matter in her music (especially in the earlier of her career). It's always "Lana glorifying this, Lana romanticize that" whenever she sings about anything. For fuck sake, her using Lolita as a kind of symbolization never meant for "glorifying" that shit a legal love story. And both of her BTD + UV era as well - her singing about how he hit her but she felt like a kiss doesnt neccessarily she's glamorizing domestic abuse & her singing "i'm nothing without you" does not mean she's an anti-feminist. 

It's not LDR9 related (but kind of - since the way media falsely portrays her & take her story away from her could be what this upcoming album is about). So... Your thoughts on this?

So many think pieces such little critical thought in such think pieces.
Defund the universities and send them to the factories/s

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

the way rock candy sales are gonna go up after lana's album, yup she'll do that :grinds:

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

I wonder what is the aesthetic we're getting for LDR9. Even when she doesn't really plan an "era" we get a more or less cohesive look for the album (maybe for BB it was cause she picked everything from the same MV :eek:).

I can't stop thinking about those leaked pictures from an early NFR photoshoot that didn't make any sense at all but I lowkey love them. A random circle, the church (?) background, the silver aluminum dress, the black shades... 

I'd like something really different this time around (even though I'm okay with another photoshoot of Lana just looking classy and beautiful by Neil). I hope she picks up the witchy vibes from LFL but with an album that makes sense sonically this time 

giphy.gif

On 1/11/2022 at 3:46 PM, Whore of Tropico said:

I'm so sick and tired of these kinds of narrative that these people try to attach to Lana's brand when it comes to the subject matter in her music (especially in the earlier of her career). It's always "Lana glorifying this, Lana romanticize that" whenever she sings about anything. For fuck sake, her using Lolita as a kind of symbolization never meant for "glorifying" that shit a legal love story. And both of her BTD + UV era as well - her singing about how he hit her but she felt like a kiss doesnt neccessarily she's glamorizing domestic abuse & her singing "i'm nothing without you" does not mean she's an anti-feminist. 

It's not LDR9 related (but kind of - since the way media falsely portrays her & take her story away from her could be what this upcoming album is about). So... Your thoughts on this?

I have a hot take. Most people dont read in between the lines in lanas songs. shes always been empowered i feel by telling her story, no matter how heart breaking or honest shes been. Its obvious her music has deep emotional, sometimes very dark themes and it does resonate with a lot of damaged people or people very in tune with their emotions. I feel a lot of songs have been her way of coping and she has such artistic and diaristic ability that i feel the general public will always criticize her if they dont care to understand her lyricism. Ultraviolence for example, if you listen to the rest of the lyrics in context of the whole song, you can tell shes talking about the struggle that domestic abuse survivors often have. Feeling attached, feeling as if you need that person to survive even if you know the relationship is unhealthy. What i believe she was saying in qftc was that “shes not not a feminist” in the way that its not what people typically think when they think of feminism, but being being brutally honest about her experiences is what empowers her.

11 hours ago, Venice Peach said:

I wonder what is the aesthetic we're getting for LDR9. Even when she doesn't really plan an "era" we get a more or less cohesive look for the album (maybe for BB it was cause she picked everything from the same MV :eek:).

I can't stop thinking about those leaked pictures from an early NFR photoshoot that didn't make any sense at all but I lowkey love them. A random circle, the church (?) background, the silver aluminum dress, the black shades... 

I'd like something really different this time around (even though I'm okay with another photoshoot of Lana just looking classy and beautiful by Neil). I hope she picks up the witchy vibes from LFL but with an album that makes sense sonically this time 

i've never seen those leaked photos! who shot them and when, if u remember? i wanna search for them 

mUENGN9.png

6 minutes ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

i've never seen those leaked photos! who shot them and when, if u remember? i wanna search for them 

b3q8mdhp6ks31.jpg?auto=webp&s=2c0b5cc81a

Spoiler

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ8V484-vSmC308QFgDiJivgumrwqdvs741.jpg?auto=webp&s=cd4f5089c751f41f78484516b78876db0534b912

ahy19fu22q741.jpg?auto=webp&s=0511dacd1d32163a288d3bc7e993da201b717a1b

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

I know this thread is hibernating, but I want feral vibes for LDR9. Here are some songs for reference:

-Noir

-White Dress
-Velvet Crowbar

-Off To The Races

-Cruel World

-Your Girl

-Dealer

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath