Elle

LDR9 Speculation & Discussion Thread

51 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

I'm hoping she'll do another livestream like she did on Blue Banisters release day tbh. That was a really good idea and although she didn't talk a lot about the album, the insight we did get was fun and I'd love to have her do another 

I WANT IT TO HAPPEN!! she is a liar as she said she would do it again soon. If any of you get invited ask about unreleased songs and AKA

12 minutes ago, BartenderDeco said:

I WANT IT TO HAPPEN!! she is a liar as she said she would do it again soon. If any of you get invited ask about unreleased songs and AKA

I’d love the chance to talk to her but it seems she only picks accounts she knows or accounts specifically dedicated to her. I think the odds of getting to talk to her would have been greater if she hadn’t opened Honeymoon and amassed a shitton of followers basically overnight too. I guess I understand why she would pick accounts she’s familiar with to go on live stream, but the probability basically becomes zero for everyone else. If only I had the time to become a full time groupie! :ma:

7 hours ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

At the risk of sounding dumb…what does this mean?? I’ve heard the song but not sure what’s being implied…but I’m interested lol

Haven’t been reading thru this  thread properly so I actually have no idea what’s going on lol but I did see mentions of San Francisco, and sittin’ on the dock of the bay was written about Redding’s time living near the city/performing there - so just manifesting Lana creates something similarly magical and inspired, charged w the city’s musical history and influences and ghosts :oprah3:❤️ 

mUENGN9.png

22 minutes ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

Haven’t been reading thru this  thread properly so I actually have no idea what’s going on lol but I did see mentions of San Francisco, and sittin’ on the dock of the bay was written about Redding’s time living near the city/performing there - so just manifesting Lana creates something similarly magical and inspired, charged w the city’s musical history and influences and ghosts :oprah3:❤️ 

Ohh gotcha!! I’m hoping for that as well! Lana really is the queen of embodying locations:flutter:

a little unrelated but I wonder how her lyrical landscape will change if she pursues country for LDR9:eartha2:

Will she emphasize the southern portion of the US or continue with California mentions? Cali Cowgirl incoming:shh2:

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

1 hour ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

Ohh gotcha!! I’m hoping for that as well! Lana really is the queen of embodying locations:flutter:

a little unrelated but I wonder how her lyrical landscape will change if she pursues country for LDR9:eartha2:

Will she emphasize the southern portion of the US or continue with California mentions? Cali Cowgirl incoming:shh2:

please don’t manifest 

Question for the culture:

Now that Nikki Lane, Joni Mitchell, Joan Baez, Jenny and Charlie and Chuck have had their names appear in Lana's music - can she please go back to singing about old historical figures and icons like Marilyn, Elvis and Jesus without being crucified or saying she's not evolving as an artist??????

giphy.gif

30 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

Question for the culture:

Now that Nikki Lane, Joni Mitchell, Joan Baez, Jenny and Charlie and Chuck have had their names appear in Lana's music - can she please go back to singing about old historical figures and icons like Marilyn, Elvis and Jesus without being crucified or saying she's not evolving as an artist??????

nikki lane is more iconic than all the other people you mentioned

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

im joking, i 100% agree:lmaoney:

12 hours ago, The Stargirl Pinky said:

I think the odds of getting to talk to her would have been greater if she hadn’t opened Honeymoon and amassed a shitton of followers basically overnight too. 

#getlanatoprivateburthdaykake

What aspects from BB or the albums before do you think will continue to play a role on LDR9?

For example, I guess that, as in Arcadia or BBS, she'll continue to focus on her body, jugding from some intimate ig posts she made a few weeks ago.

8 minutes ago, COCC said:

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/pusha-t-lana-del-rey-instagram-photo-1325736/amp/

‚The two haven’t collaborated yet, but according to the rapper, there’s at least a tentative plan. “One of the heads of Interscope called right after the picture came out and asked me to get on a remix,” he says, laughing. “I forgot which song, but I’m still waiting for them to send it over.”‘

Text Book (by the open river version) remix feat. Pusha T out tomorrow 

gretchen.gif

That's so random :hide: is Lana even aware of that? I'm sure they called without saying anything to her at all. After LFL a collab with a rapper wouldn't be weird but a remix of an existing song? :wtf3: Imagine him hopping onto Cherry Blossom or something :thumb3:

22 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

What aspects from BB or the albums before do you think will continue to play a role on LDR9?

For example, I guess that, as in Arcadia or BBS, she'll continue to focus on her body, jugding from some intimate ig posts she made a few weeks ago.

I'm sure she will continue with her trend of weird song structures and irregular verses where she fits every word she wants to even if it doesn't match the tempo 

giphy.gif

On 3/22/2022 at 10:43 AM, GeminiLanaFan said:

hinting at something?

I’m from SF so if this is true I think I might actually cry…shameless photography plug in but I hope the vibes match this :shh2: SF is a wonderful, picturesque and somewhat nautical city with a 60/70s charm that I’ve been wanting her to visit for so long. She can sing about so many things, classic rock, Summer of Love, Haight Ashbury, The Presidio, etc. Venice Bitch MV also has clips of SF (the one in my signature) so I am so fearful for my sanity if she returns to SF. It’s been mentioned in LA Who Am I To Love You and DTWD, but a whole album :deadbanana: I feel like this might just be one of Rob’s random posts but what if <33

rqKKZyq.jpg
3tT9tWV.jpg

AzDljNK.jpg
D4b2RV6.jpg

5D9jnGX.jpg

sgopYhV.gif

2 minutes ago, Crimson and Clover said:

I’m from SF so if this is true I think I might actually cry…shameless photography plug in but I hope the vibes match this :shh2: SF is a wonderful, picturesque and somewhat nautical city with a 60/70s charm that I’ve been wanting her to visit for so long. She can sing about so many things, classic rock, Summer of Love, Haight Ashbury, The Presidio, etc. Venice Bitch MV also has clips of SF (the one in my signature) so I am so fearful for my sanity if she returns to SF. It’s been mentioned in LA Who Am I To Love You and DTWD, but a whole album :deadbanana: I feel like this might just be one of Rob’s random posts but what if <33

Reveal hidden contents

rqKKZyq.jpg
3tT9tWV.jpg

AzDljNK.jpg
D4b2RV6.jpg

5D9jnGX.jpg

these photos are gorgeous! :flutter: 

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

20 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

That's so random :hide: is Lana even aware of that? I'm sure they called without saying anything to her at all.

Lana handed me a beer

said „how the hell did you get here“

Interscope

Mhm, mhm

scarlett.gif