Elle

LDR9 Speculation & Discussion Thread

7 hours ago, LifeOnMars said:

Then you hear WCE and Beautiful and think… maybe Jack’s not so bad. 

I agree that they are not good songs but I’ll take their production over jacks any day. At least I can hear the instrumentals and the ambience unlike chemtrails. 

I want her to do a full 180° but if we are getting another "folky" and kinda acoustic album I want it to be guitar driven this time and happy and beachy. Imagine something like Miley's Malibu :icant:

All she needs is a little beat and some layered vocals and we have another FIILY summer masterpiece moment

giphy.gif

ieYOaVk.jpg

“Lana Del Rey’s ninth studio album—perhaps her most puzzling and compelling record to date—captures her listeners and releases them into a California-kissed haze of nihilism and lovesick adoration, wittily and almost sarcastically embracing the early caricatures critics assigned to her. 

Del Rey seems to swim between genres as the record progresses, carefully weaving together the very fabric of Del Norte County’s essence: dreamy echoes of surf rock guitar riffs, half-spoken twangs of rockabilly, and bluesy saxes all packaged in something so gorgeously and undeniably Lana.

Kali Uchis appears as a feature on Lovesick, and toward the end of the record, Dolly Parton graces her voice on the engaging storytelling of I Wear Your Ring When I’m Lonelysomehow, the two features work. There’s even an eerily bewitching solo cover of Hotel California, and it’s one of Lana’s best.

Sonically, the record is a refreshing change of pace for Del Rey, but there are certainly little fragments of its predecessors: the fantastical worldbuilding of Born To Die, the numbed introspection of Honeymoon, the sardonic edge of Ultraviolence, and the catchy, distinctly personal writing of NFR.”

(the edible hit earlier & I just realized how much I typed—sorry:bebe:)

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

3 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

There’s even an eerily bewitching solo cover of Hotel California, and it’s one of Lana’s best.

Sonically, the record is a refreshing change of pace for Del Rey, but there are certainly little fragments of its predecessors: the fantastical worldbuilding of Born To Die, the numbed introspection of Honeymoon, the sardonic edge of Ultraviolence, and the catchy, distinctly personal writing of NFR.”

Please I would die if she ever covered Hotel California. I've been thinking about it ever since that line in GKIT :icant:

And nice art by the way :blush3:

giphy.gif

19 minutes ago, Big Star said:

let's just wait for the single before we get ahead of ourselves :party:

5 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

ieYOaVk.jpg

“Lana Del Rey’s ninth studio album—perhaps her most puzzling and compelling record to date—captures her listeners and releases them into a California-kissed haze of nihilism and lovesick adoration, wittily and almost sarcastically embracing the early caricatures critics assigned to her. 

Del Rey seems to swim between genres as the record progresses, carefully weaving together the very fabric of Del Norte County’s essence: dreamy echoes of surf rock guitar riffs, half-spoken twangs of rockabilly, and bluesy saxes all packaged in something so gorgeously and undeniably Lana.

Kali Uchis appears as a feature on Lovesick, and toward the end of the record, Dolly Parton graces her voice on the engaging storytelling of I Wear Your Ring When I’m Lonelysomehow, the two features work. There’s even an eerily bewitching solo cover of Hotel California, and it’s one of Lana’s best.

these posts one after another i love it here :trisha: also @PatentLeatherDoOver i actually love u and ur brainso fucking much!!!!

mUENGN9.png

26 minutes ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

also @PatentLeatherDoOver i actually love u and ur brainso fucking much!!!!

that’s one of the best compliments esp coming from one of the most tasteful users:krylie:actually your reply about honeymoon’s abstractness and you wanting more enigma partly contributed to me going down a mental rabbit hole with that post!

I would love for her to embrace something akin to that for LDR9!!

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

I don't want to start shit again but I hope Jack doesn't touch a single piano key for LDR9. That's my only complaint cause I really love what he does with guitars (MAC's ending, The greatest solo, the masterpiece that is Venice Bitch etc.). The production on CG and NFR intro strings are also amazing so I trust them for the next record but the only one allowed near a piano is daddy rick (and Rob obviously) :smile2:

giphy.gif

Yeah i would like to see a guitar driven album this time (even acoustic ) as well , something to spice things up :bebe:

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

Not happy Jack is back since I enjoyed BB production so much more than his production. Not really excited for LDR9 anymore but let's see what they will deliver. Maybe Jack will surprise me.

Praying for an electric guitar driven album too, Mac & VB are great songs actually 

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

since jack is producing ldr9, i doubt it will be a full country album which is very good. i was kind of expecting jack to produce it anyways, and if lana lets him produce to his best potential im sure ldr9 will be amazing

I’m totally fine with Jack being on board. I just hope they either come up with a different sound (just like Norman and Chemtrails are almost opposites), or they bring back the best elements of these two records (Venice, Mac, NFR, FIILY, WD, COCC, TJF). But knowing her, I doubt the later option will happen. 

i wonder why lana went back to jack after using different producers for bb?? i prefer the music shes worked on with jack in comparison to what was done on bb BUT i just want to know lanas thought process. 

ok tbh i'm gonna go into this era w a more positive outlook. as much as i dislike jack's production, he did give us some good songs. i just don't want another acoustic sounding album. if it's gonna be nfr 3.0, they can keep it. it would be like if lana released 3 albums sounding like BTD, we'd all get sick of it and want a new sound. i'm just afraid she's gonna return to the same sound in nfr and cocc cuz jack doesn't have much range tbh. blue banisters gave me hope that shed be going in a new direction but now i'm not so sure. i hope jack proves me wrong. and i'll still love the album even if it is nfr 3.0 bc i've never hated a lana del rey record but i probs won't listen to it as much as i do BB, honeymoon, or UV. ok rant over! :oprah3:

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

11 minutes ago, mlittle11 said:

i wonder why lana went back to jack after using different producers for bb?? i prefer the music shes worked on without jack in comparison to what was done on bb BUT i just want to know lanas thought process. 

yeah same

I’m always a bit baffled when someone mentions LDR9 could be NFR 3.0, because I really don’t consider Chemtrails to be NFR 2.0… Granted, there is a bit of « minimalism » on some Norman songs, but the stripped down prod is really more proéminent on COCC… and on Norman, there’s the mellotron and California vibes that are totally absent on COCC.

anyways, I’m expecting a single by the end of summer. 

Can we just stop saying Jack has no range? He produced some songs on 1989 then he did reputation, lover, folklore for Taylors. Melodrama and solar Power for Lorde, he did production for St.Vincent and now Florence and The machine. These albums he worked on are so different. It’s probably the artists he works with that now ask for a smaller production.