Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

I mean Henry Lana come on.... :icant:

2bfdb5f27c0411b17e7345642d0743ba99f47af0
 𝓟𝓾𝓽 𝓶𝓮 𝓸𝓷𝓽𝓸 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓫𝓵𝓪𝓬𝓴 𝓶𝓸𝓽𝓸𝓻𝓬𝔂𝓬𝓵𝓮

𝓕𝓲𝓯𝓽𝓲𝓮𝓼 𝓫𝓪𝓫𝔂 𝓭𝓸𝓵𝓵 𝓭𝓻𝓮𝓼𝓼 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝓶𝔂 '𝓘 𝓭𝓸' 

𝓘𝓽 𝓸𝓷𝓵𝔂 𝓽𝓪𝓴𝓮𝓼 𝓽𝔀𝓸 𝓱𝓸𝓾𝓻𝓼 𝓽𝓸 𝓝𝓮𝓿𝓪𝓭𝓪

⋆.˚⭒⋆.˚─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───⋆.˚⭒⋆.˚ 

I have a feeling Lana's album will be compared to Beyoncé's album and that's gonna annoy the fuck out of me once it's out. Just bc they're both doing country

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

I know this isn’t what is gonna happen, but I want Laura Marling “Short Movie” vibez here. Rock/Folk infused country. The sound of the sun and the canyon. A strong sense of place. 

2 hours ago, littleredpartydress said:

if this is getting to yall how did you survive the year long NFR drought, september 5th chemtrails, rock candy sweet, basically anything from the last 5 years

she didnt even "announce" this yet by lana standards

Too true.. but Jack also confirmed in that interview didn’t he

but totally agree, when Lana states a release date just don’t get your hopes up until it lands on your doorstep :lmao:

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues 

20 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

I for once hope she doesn't have any visuals yet cause I want a full blonde Lana era :icant: Chemtrails was close tho

Yes, I'm ready for blonde Lana too. I wonder if the new blonde hair is indeed signifying a new era.

pardon me if this is a silly statement, i haven’t been on lb for a while, but are we definitely set on the fact that this is an album ?? i’ve been hearing a lot of buzz about lasso recently and i’m just getting flashbacks to the cocc release and rock candy sweet 

:crying5::crying5:

i get my boyfriend to pick me up every friday at the dairy queen

5 minutes ago, love you madly said:

pardon me if this is a silly statement, i haven’t been on lb for a while, but are we definitely set on the fact that this is an album ?? i’ve been hearing a lot of buzz about lasso recently and i’m just getting flashbacks to the cocc release and rock candy sweet 

:crying5::crying5:

Jack confirmed it’s an album :smokes:

7 minutes ago, Rust Dress said:

UM????? why aren’t we freaking out about this… this is usually an indicator that something’s coming music-wise :tommy:

Because tbh its more likely it's just a mistake... I feel like Lana doesn't really give us teasers like that idk? I could be wrong though and I hope I am and it actually means Henry, Come On out at midnight :oprah3:

1 minute ago, lyinginthesand said:

Because tbh its more likely it's just a mistake... I feel like Lana doesn't really give us teasers like that idk? I could be wrong though and I hope I am and it actually means Henry, Come On out at midnight :oprah3:

it’s not a mistake, and her website being password-protected isn’t necessarily a teaser, but a great indicator. every time her website’s gone password-protected SINCE NFR ERA, we’ve gotten an album announcement (that can be a stretch here tho since it’s only april). PLUS, sparklejumprope has never been password-protected before and the website is already up to date 

7 hours ago, American Whore said:

I have a feeling Lana's album will be compared to Beyoncé's album and that's gonna annoy the fuck out of me once it's out. Just bc they're both doing country

The comparison is inevitable because they’re both huge stars doing something new, and Beyoncé has been able to shut her detractors up. I really wasn’t into Cowboy Carter before its release but this is brilliant and it feels very fresh.

will Lasso sound like Cowboy Carter? Of course not and it honestly shouldn’t. I’m sure 

Lana will do a Lana album, which is a good thing, the same way Beyoncé did a Beyonce album in the end. but the comparison with Beyoncé might come up if Lasso doesn’t allow her to step out of her « comfort zone », if it sounds too much like Chemtrails 2.0 or Blue Banisters’s little sister. 

11 minutes ago, Rust Dress said:

it’s not a mistake, and her website being password-protected isn’t necessarily a teaser, but a great indicator. every time her website’s gone password-protected SINCE NFR ERA, we’ve gotten an album announcement (that can be a stretch here tho since it’s only april). PLUS, sparklejumprope has never been password-protected before and the website is already up to date 

@hotshot2am girl come here!

0YnL0Kf.gif

26 minutes ago, Rust Dress said:

UM????? why aren’t we freaking out about this… this is usually an indicator that something’s coming music-wise :tommy:

I’d be happy for new Lana music but could it be that her team is simply moving the festival merch there?

1 minute ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I’d be happy for new Lana music but could it be that her team is simply moving the festival merch there?

it could be, but that honestly wouldn’t be such a big update for her website to go password-protected unless they’re changing everything

5 minutes ago, honeymoon is alive said:

i’m scared :lange: if this album flops i blame lyrics vault 

Good news is that it should be out this fall, which gives it a bit of time after Cowboy Carter to be its own thing without constant comparison. 

4 minutes ago, Rust Dress said:

it could be, but that honestly wouldn’t be such a big update for her website to go password-protected unless they’re changing everything

I honestly don’t want it to be Lasso-related yet. Like give us a cute « festival single » not country, please, miss Lana ! It’d be too soon for her album (too long before the actual release and too close to Beyoncé’s)