rocknrollgroupie

Lana Del Rey and Quavo “Tough” - RELEASE TBA

Just now, Mer said:

I disagree. Anyone who’s actually made a career out of making and selling music cares about success and numbers. I think her team is just inept, and she herself doesn’t have a business/marketing oriented mind. 

of course, i just feel in recent years she cares a lot less, it seems to me she has actively avoided promo and attention and i think she's already large enough by this point that her team just lets her do what she wants which she absolutely has earned the right to do

26nuYZm.png

Someone asked Wally on instagram “do you know when the song is being released?” And Wally said “don’t know yet” which is the most truthful someone from Lana’s team has ever been 

"Don’t forget me"

I think she’s actually very good at gorilla marketing and promoting while actually not promoting. She can organically build hype without even trying like casually mentioning a new album in a speech or dropping three singles out of the blue with the most ridiculous picsart covers. Of course part of that is the fan base building hype and buzz online but I do think she understands the age of internet marketing very well. 

Tumblr

12 hours ago, barttttender said:

If this is a Lasso song, then that's such a fucking serve.

We haven't had a bop as the lead album single since, well, High by the Beach (2015). 

We haven't had a fire rapper collab since, well, Summer Bummer and Lust for Life. (2017). (Sorry, Peppers fans, I'm not counting Tommy's one line sample as a collab).

We haven't had a hit album single since Doin' Time (2019).

We thought country will be Chemtrails 2.0, and we were sure there will be no hits on it, but we might be getting not one but TWO hit bops if "Mirror" is a Lasso track and it sounds as good as it does in concert.

Now we just need the second song's name, the release dates and official confirmation that this is all Lasso content.

But since they're teasing the MV and they've performed, I reckon Friday in the US is likely for the single drop. It's 9 am in Dubai and there's nothing here yet, so I reckon 6 pm US time or sth like that.

I really wish it were like that.

Since Ultraviolence, every album ending situates the sound or theme of the next one.

Ultraviolence ends with jazz, which links well to Honeymoon.

Honeymoon ends with a message asking for understanding and links with Lust for Life, the most politicized album.

Lust for Life ends by evoking the sea and blue, which links Norman, who, in turn, ends with a more personal song that sets the tone for the next, more diaristic albums.

I think it's incredible that Blue Banisters is about family relationships, ends with Sweet Carolina and then OceanBlvd opens with The Grants.

But why am I saying that?

Because Lana is one of the most versatile artists I've ever met, but, in addition to her own style, there are these changes in the way she makes her music with very smooth transitions. Everything she does relates to her previous work, which makes me think that: even though OceanBlvd is more recognized as a personal and intimate album, something that really stands out for me is that it is very experimental. She brought new things: she has fingertips being recorded in a single take with improvisations, she has a mashup/remix of her own song with another new one. That's what I value about the album.

And, just like the closure of OceanBlvd, with all that mix, I believe that this is what we will have at Lasso. Country, but a lot of experimentation, and we are already seeing in these two teased songs that I strongly believe they are for the album. I'm very excited.

8 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

So it’s not coming for at least 3 months and then it will drop on December 24th and nobody will care:tiffany2: who’s sabotaging her

Herself 

Just now, aGlassShipThatCanFly said:

I'm curious how she will officially announce Tough. Like, will she say *Tough, out now, is off my new album Lasso, out in September:hooker:* or *Tough is from my new album out soon:usrs:* or *Tough out now:toofloppy:*

In fact, she will only announce it with a link to the song and, like the end of the chorus:

tough :what:

5 minutes ago, aGlassShipThatCanFly said:

I'm curious how she will officially announce Tough. Like, will she say *Tough, out now, is off my new album Lasso, out in September:hooker:* or *Tough is from my new album out soon:usrs:* or *Tough out now:toofloppy:*

None of these! Quavo will post about it and tag her, she won’t say a single thing about it 

"Don’t forget me"

5 minutes ago, aGlassShipThatCanFly said:

“Tough is out now, is off my dear friend Quavo’s album”

1 hour ago, NikoGo said:

😊” triggered me in a way I can’t explain :thumb2:

"😊" is like saying

sub-buzz-24681-1539193954-5.png

♡ 𝓵𝓲𝓶𝓮 𝓭𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓴𝓼 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓱𝓮 𝓫𝓾𝔂𝓼 𝓶𝓮 𝓬𝓲𝓰𝓪𝓻𝓮𝓽𝓽𝓮𝓼 ♡