Sitar

Lorde

kinda rando but stoned really hits different at 3 in the morning. It was kinda on loop when I was on vacation and just staying up all night and watching the sunrise on the beach. It’s an insomnia song :gurl: I do think this album could have befitted from an early summer release

sgopYhV.gif

7 hours ago, PeroxidePrincess said:

Ikr...it would've been so much better if it had been released on the summer solstice, preceded by the title track

I think she probably chose August 20 because it's a happy medium for both hemispheres. Keeping in mind she's from NZ

So it's near the end of the northern summer but coming into the southern summer (or the start of the warmer weather anyway)

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

5 hours ago, mrborntolose said:

when eclipse first said “stoner album” i was so excited! i set my expectations for like beach house realness. but listening back to the album today in the sun it resonated a lot differently. it’s FOR SURE a grower

beach house would never release a project like this they have standards now come on yall

Just now, Charlottexseax said:

beach house would never release a project like this they have standards now come on yall

ya i said i was expecting beach house realness... not that the album itself was beach house-like. its just what i was anticipating 

BE4-BF75-D-1-C25-4-A49-AE3-E-558-FB954-A

i was shitting on it before but i'm listening to this record on repeat since release and it's growing A LOT, it sets a certain mood and it really has some very magical moments like the intro of The Path or the deluxe tracks

i can't say yet if i like the whole record but i'm definitely past the hate phase

my favs: Hold No Grudge, Dominoes, Big Star, but i'm able to find something to enjoy in every song,

except the title track :toofunny: this one is just dull and so uniteresting, i don't know what it's supposed to do but it's not doing it for me

8 minutes ago, Voignamir said:

i was shitting on it before but i'm listening to this record on repeat since release and it's growing A LOT, it sets a certain mood and it really has some very magical moments like the intro of The Path or the deluxe tracks

i can't say yet if i like the whole record but i'm definitely past the hate phase

my favs: Hold No Grudge, Dominoes, Big Star, but i'm able to find something to enjoy in every song,

except the title track :toofunny: this one is just dull and so uniteresting, i don't know what it's supposed to do but it's not doing it for me

For me it‘s a top 3 Lorde album for sure :oprah3:

I present to you: Solar Power The Fat-Free edition:

1. Hold No Grudge

2. The Path

3. Solar Power

4. California

5. Fallen Fruit

6. Helen of Troy

7. Dominoes

8. Big Star

9. Mood Ring

10. Oceanic Feeling

I put HNG in the beginning, because someone wrote that thematically it closes Melodrama. 

Now I'm sending you love and wishing you well

Wherever you are

Now she's ready for the sunny healing of Solar Power

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

That outro on secrets from a girl ruined it for me, cringe and also was this not meant to be a stoner album? Sounds more Nickelodeon to me. No shade, as I do think there are some lovely moments on there it just falls flat and the lyrics are a little cringe.

i like your ultra-violent swing :grinds:

9 hours ago, maysparkle said:

I totally agree! I believe Jack can do amazing things sometimes; I loved his work actually on Violet. He can make some beautiful soundscapes. Chemtrails would have been gorgeous with production like Solar Power… 

I prefer Chemtrails to SP for numerous reasons, but Jack’s production may seem absent, but it’s actually very rich, just too faded out. Listening tot he instrumentals,

with a pair of good headphones, made me realize how many layers the songs have, we just don’t hear them. Anyways, the songs I love on SP are the ones that have a lot of production (Mood Ring, Path, Fruit, Hold No Grudge, Oceanic); but the ones that feel like demo not only are very short, but do have that « muffled » prod that doesn’t blend well with the rest of the songs. 

7 minutes ago, PeroxidePrincess said:

I present to you: Solar Power The Fat-Free edition:

1. Hold No Grudge

2. The Path

3. Solar Power

4. California

5. Fallen Fruit

6. Helen of Troy

7. Dominoes

8. Big Star

9. Mood Ring

10. Oceanic Feeling

I put HNG in the beginning, because someone that thematically it closes Melodrama. 

Now I'm sending you love and wishing you well

Wherever you are

Now she's ready for the sunny healing of Solar Power

:oic3:This might be how I will listen to the album now. Thanks luv.

the breakdown before the bridge sets in, then the heartbeat like *boom* comes on and lorde barely sings the next line over it - it's giving the louvre chorus

BlondIdleBaleenwhale-size_restricted.gif

no wonder fallen fruit is the best song on the album and easily a career highlight

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????

Finally listened to the album- I can definitely see why she chose the singles, Solar Power, Mood Ring and Stoned are the only ones I really remember after hearing them. The rest of the songs kind of meld into one.

Hoping it grows on me as I listen to it more.  I get what she was going for, but it's just too samey for me at the moment