Elle

LanaBoards 2.0 Suggestions

Can you make the limit of uploading an avatar bigger? (It's currently 100kb and it's nothing)

Please, it's hard to change pics and I wanna change mine but it limits me..  :icant:

Thanks again Elle for dedicating your free time for this website in general and for us.

giphy.gif

idk if this has been said a few times or not but it would make sense to find a way to embed tweets in a similar way as we can with instagram posts already. the twitter tool we have on here is kinda useless. 

i76mrxw.png 

The World News is a clutter to me.

News can come in all different forms: celebrities, science, politics, foreign affairs, etc. 

I propose the World News section be changed to somethin like Current Events

under Current Events would be the following subtopics

Politics

This section is meant for news related to events regarding politicians and politics from around the world. Events that can be discussed from a political viewpoint can also be put here.  

I'd suggest one complete topic for Trump that I've already established.

Some examples of threads in Politics:

VENEZUELAN CRISIS

Started by H E R O I N, 02 May 2017

Catalan Independence Referendum

Started by Clampigirl, 01 Oct 2017

FCC Begins Process to End U.S Net Neutrality

Started by TROPICUM, 25 Nov 2017

Tragedies

This section is meant for news related to things such as celebrity deaths, shootings, genocide and unanimously negative events.

Some examples of threads in Tragedies:

Charles Manson found Dead at 83

Started by TROPICUM, 20 Nov 2017

Las Vegas Shooting

Started by Elle, 02 Oct 2017

8.2 Earthquake hits Mexico.

Started by TROPICUM, 08 Sep 2017

Controversies

This section is a broad topic of events which are controversial, but are not political and do not contain a necessarily negative connotation to them.

Some examples of threads in Controversies:

'Black' NAACP leader outed as white woman

Started by Trash Magic, 12 Jun 2015

Celebrity nude photos leak

Started by Trash Magic, 31 Aug 2014

Pepsi releases controversial ad starring Kendall Jenner

Started by latothemoon, 05 Apr 2017

Space & Science

This section is meant for news related to astrology and scientific discoveries.

Some examples of threads in Space & Science:

NROL-76 Launch

Started by Stargirl, 29 Apr 2017

Deadly Hurricane Matthew On Path As Far As New Jersey

Started by reputation, 04 Oct 2016

Sports

This section is meant for news related to sports; national or global.

Some examples of threads in Sports:

2014 Sochi Winter Olympics

Started by evilentity, 07 Feb 2014

apparently only me & evil like sports :rip:

would be ope to suggestions :)

@@Elle

Edited by reputation

Can you make the limit of uploading an avatar bigger? (It's currently 100kb and it's nothing)

Please, it's hard to change pics and I wanna change mine but it limits me..  :icant:

Thanks again Elle for dedicating your free time for this website in general and for us.

Bringing this up hoping it'll be worked on!!  :defeated:

@Elle

giphy.gif

I’d love to bring back the Karaoke contest!!!

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

We should be able to buy roles to help benefit the site. The roles can have different colors, perks and so forth

This is currently an option! If you donate to the site, you become a "Supporter" which gives you a lavender tag & some perks such as expanded PM space and larger profile picture limits.

There's no donation minimum to become a supporter, and every cent goes towards the recurring monthly fees to keep LanaBoards up & running and is always extremely appreciated, as during slow months I sometimes have to pay out of pocket!

If you're interested in donating, please contact @@admin :)

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

So I know we just got the new theme and stuff, which heyo yes it looks cuter than it was before (lavender yess) but I just wanted to know, can we have like the option to keep our statuses private, and blogs for those who are members for the forum instead of the entire net possibly coming in? 

like I'll say what I want for sure, but I appreciated how private the statuses and some other things on the forum were, exclusive to just other members. 

also excited about the possibility of making our own themes etc. 

UV/Honeymoon

25 minutes ago, vodkaa said:

So I know we just got the new theme and stuff, which heyo yes it looks cuter than it was before (lavender yess) but I just wanted to know, can we have like the option to keep our statuses private, and blogs for those who are members for the forum instead of the entire net possibly coming in? 

like I'll say what I want for sure, but I appreciated how private the statuses and some other things on the forum were, exclusive to just other members. 

also excited about the possibility of making our own themes etc. 

So, I made a quick semi-fix to this - Guests are now not able to see the full Status Updates stream (from clicking on the button on the navigation bar) and not able to open blogs to read; however, they are still able to see the 6 most current status updates that are shown on the sidebar as well as see only the titles of the 5 most recent blogs listed in the sidebar. I'll continue looking into a way where all Status Updates are hidden from Guests, but hopefully this will help a bit for now x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

4 minutes ago, Elle said:

So, I made a quick semi-fix to this - Guests are now not able to see the full Status Updates stream (from clicking on the button on the navigation bar) and not able to open blogs to read; however, they are still able to see the 6 most current status updates that are shown on the sidebar as well as see only the titles of the 5 most recent blogs listed in the sidebar. I'll continue looking into a way where all Status Updates are hidden from Guests, but hopefully this will help a bit for now x

hey Elle, ok great thanks! that was a speedy fix, thank you! 

UV/Honeymoon

hey me again, 

Just wanted to know, to at least better adapt, or maybe have updates that can be made. and to just be honest, w all due respect of course: 

I do miss the gif/picture background on the profile. I'm having issues w the about me video insert to adding text. 
videos on the statuses. 
friends rather than followers. 

the site might be behind when it comes to notifications, and is a bit slower than usual? 

I kinda just wanted to know if anyone else was having any other issues/minor things and changes.
1. bc I do love how some things on the site were, maybe we can retain/bring it back? 
2. just for overall, a better experience, so we can get used to things faster. 
3. possibilities! :) and updates! 

any takers? 

UV/Honeymoon

19 hours ago, vodkaa said:

hey me again, 

Just wanted to know, to at least better adapt, or maybe have updates that can be made. and to just be honest, w all due respect of course: 

I do miss the gif/picture background on the profile. I'm having issues w the about me video insert to adding text. 
videos on the statuses. 
friends rather than followers. 

the site might be behind when it comes to notifications, and is a bit slower than usual? 

I kinda just wanted to know if anyone else was having any other issues/minor things and changes.
1. bc I do love how some things on the site were, maybe we can retain/bring it back? 
2. just for overall, a better experience, so we can get used to things faster. 
3. possibilities! :) and updates! 

any takers? 

I don't really love the followers option either (I prefer/miss the friends!) but otherwise it looks like at least the issue with the about me video insert has been figured out, at least I can see it working just fine on your profile :)