Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Since I’m not american I don’t understand why Lana uses Norman Rockwell as a metaphor for a man who’s a douchebag, narcissistic and full of himself... like was Norman Rockwell in his private life a difficult man or she just like him as an artist?

I hate Kanye but she needs to stop her white feminist shit

no she needs to do whatever she wants of course i'd like her to do more of it but i like that she's already trying to be more aware of stuff unlike some of the people here :hooker:

Usually I respect opinions but if you don’t like TG you’re tasteless, I’m sorry this is not an opinion but a fact.

And I get why she says Kanye is blind. Here in Brazil we have this atrocious president called Bolsonaro and when we see people we used to like defending him, is like a betrayal, is like that person is blind, out of her mind. Imagine a rapper that you used to like and admire so much is defending a president that you don’t like at all. It hurts. That’s why she says he’s blind. I don’t get why some of you think it’s racism???

These songs are placing LDR in the Bob Dylan/Joni Mitchell/Tori Amos category of songwriting.

SERIOUSLY! I know I'm just an insane stan but I'm confident that this album is going to secure her status as one of if not the best songwriter of our generation. 

But I also thought Artpop was going to be a massive success so I'm gonna tread lightly...

I think a large amount of people, even those who don't listen to Lana, will be able to relate to The Greatest. And I don't think I have to explain why. It just captures the current moment perfectly.

SERIOUSLY! I know I'm just an insane stan but I'm confident that this album is going to secure her status as one of if not the best songwriter of our generation. 

But I also thought Artpop was going to be a massive success so I'm gonna tread lightly...

Didn't Pitchfork call her a poet for a generation? God, I love her.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

The fact that we live through the prime of so many greats  :defeated: Lana is going down as one of the most influential singer-songwriters of the 2000s and we get to live through the mess greatness of it all.

giphy.gif

I can't believe there's something left in my chest anymore 

Remember that leak when someone said Lana was gonna call out some big named producers??? SHE CALLED OUT KANYE!!!!!!

I just realized.... I-

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

"The culture is lit". My interpretation is that her using that phrase is ironic. Kanye is still a thing while Beach Boys don't play anymore, she and her friends miss rock and roll, everything was better back then and now it's just not the same out there in the world. The ball meaning that the best things already happened in her life, at the same time California is on fire and we're trying to reach space colonizations and it's a weird lanscape for us as humans. But at the same time she loves Migos and trap so who the fuck knows why she'd say that in a bad way lol

IMO, she's not complaining about Kanye "being a thing still" but rather that he's lost his way. Definitely a dig at his support of Dump, and who Kanye's become artistically. She's not some old lady whining about hip hop, because we know she loves it. I think the "lit" line is a double entendre, the second meaning being that "the culture" is literally on fire. A lot of people she admired are dead and gone, or changed, the world is in ecological collapse, life is too fast paced, and people are more interested in watching their fave's livestreams than they are in worrying about anything real. She's had a good time, but she's done now. She's got no hope for the world. 

But at it's core, I think it's just a song about heartbreak. It reads like her having a (possibly drunken?) breakdown. It begins with him being gone, that's the catalyst, and then it's her missing New York and the indie scene and being sick of fame, before it spirals into absolutely nothing about the world being right anymore.  

guys i'm trying so hard to find what it is that y'all are hearing in the greatest but...among several criticisms i have, the drums after the first chorus sound like a cheap sloppy imitation of the drums that lead into the last chorus of cruel world

:toofunny:

it's just the way i feel