Elle

Seattle, WA @ WaMu Theatre - October 2nd, 2019

security guard was hot and in order to not spread diseases you’d have to open your mouth and he would pour water in it it was so weird lmfao but i’m pretty sure i would’ve passed out without it

UbsOye5.png

The screeching fans have ruined her shows for years, 2013 onwards. Every show before then had so much decorum. Finding decent recordings of live performances is impossible because of it and that pisses me off the most.

Last concert i went to was Ben Howard. Everyone just stood and silently watched, mesmerized. If only.

lanasigfinal_zpsfd0fc6ee.png

okay some of y'all are about to be really mad at me but I just think it is basic concert etiquette, especially if you are in the front row at a concert, to not scream things at the artist and sing at the top of your lungs over them while they are singing. I find it very disrespectful and immature by this point that every single fan scream-sings at the top of their lungs over Lana, she genuinely seemed uncomfortable and affected by it during the Cinnamon Girl video from tonight, it was almost like she couldn't hear herself and it was throwing her off. People pay good money to see Lana sing, not to hear you butcher her tunes for her. I totally understand the experience of concert-going and that you want to cheer, sing with the artist, etc. but I just really think there is a tactful, mature, and respectful way to do it and i can honestly say I see Lana being emotionally taxed by it by this point and I don't blame her at all for pointing the mic at the audience so often. she is probably fed up with the shit! anyway, just my two cents

YES! Exactly! I just HATE screaming people at concerts, especially at gigs whith quieter and slower music like Lana's.

YES! Exactly! I just HATE screaming people at concerts, especially at gigs whith quieter and slower music like Lana's.

Right! These idiots are screeching as if they were at some loud ass live rock show... like it’s just her singing acapella... it’s not fucking necessary. And the “I love you!!!11” every 5 seconds is so annoying! And sis is singing a sad slow song and they’re laughing their ass off.

Maybe she's talking about some of the people on this forum....

Alex had this on her story earlier, and then deleted it. I really think something's going on, but obviously we have no idea what ...

4GTZjoB.jpg

Approx 1:30 - "there's things I want to TIE to you"? What? Did she just forget the words or is she throwing shade?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrlIgwKUsXM

ETA:

I think she forgot and combined:

"There's things I want to say to you"

"There's things I want to talk about"

Talk + say = tie.

:oic2:

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

The screeching fans have ruined her shows for years, 2013 onwards. Every show before then had so much decorum. Finding decent recordings of live performances is impossible because of it and that pisses me off the most.

Last concert i went to was Ben Howard. Everyone just stood and silently watched, mesmerized. If only.

i don't get it why they're screaming? aren't you there to listen?

but i remember when she was pissed when the fans didn't sing with her, it was around 2016-2017

:smile3:

Woke up to see some nice clips of Lana but dismayed at the screaming people trying to sing along. I oppose violence to my fellow humans but a yellow pages to the head is justified occasionally.

Don't be such cold bitches people! Concert attendees are just excited, dont expect anybody to sit/stand quietly for the entire concert.

I don’t think anyone is expecting fans to stay silent throughout, but I think there’s definitely concert etiquette not being followed. That is, there’s appropriate times to scream and sing, and a quieter, intimate acapella song Lana’s doing for your show specifically isn’t it.

I can’t imagine that they’re even able to enjoy that moment for what it is when they’re so focused on being heard as opposed to listening

o4qjp4j.png

that's bullshit. she came out late as fuck for the Jones Beach show and didn't perform this or HIAB.

for real, did Win actually do anything to warrant the entire fandom's hate???? he just likes lana and has the money to afford her like every concert. get over it

He shoves people out of the way to get to Lana and his rich gay ass gets all of her attention.

okay some of y'all are about to be really mad at me but I just think it is basic concert etiquette, especially if you are in the front row at a concert, to not scream things at the artist and sing at the top of your lungs over them while they are singing. I find it very disrespectful and immature by this point that every single fan scream-sings at the top of their lungs over Lana, she genuinely seemed uncomfortable and affected by it during the Cinnamon Girl video from tonight, it was almost like she couldn't hear herself and it was throwing her off. People pay good money to see Lana sing, not to hear you butcher her tunes for her. I totally understand the experience of concert-going and that you want to cheer, sing with the artist, etc. but I just really think there is a tactful, mature, and respectful way to do it and i can honestly say I see Lana being emotionally taxed by it by this point and I don't blame her at all for pointing the mic at the audience so often. she is probably fed up with the shit! anyway, just my two cents

If the audio was any good, you wouldn't be able to hear them. At Jones Beach, I sang at the top of my lungs and couldn't even hear myself she was so loud.  Also there were great recordings of LATTM. I have a bunch of them.

giphy.gif

I do think that, for whatever reason, Lana's fan base has a disproportionate number of selfish sycophants. It's all about them getting her attention, so if that means screaming over her whilst she sings, or singing obnoxiously loud, they'll do it, even if it's at the expense of other people's enjoyment. You even see "fans" doing the equivalent online ... large fan accounts spamming her comments with superfluous statements, etc ... 

This type of shit simply does not happen on this scale with other musicians, and I do not know what it is about Lana that attracts this behaviour. I find it really distasteful, yet fascinating. Like, so many people in this fan base engage in this brand of obnoxious, obsessive behaviour and it's almost normalised. 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Alex had this on her story earlier, and then deleted it. I really think something's going on, but obviously we have no idea what ...

4GTZjoB.jpg

Can send it to me in some other way maybe like instagram? This type of link doesn't work for me idk why

Ngl I never really understood the fascination with Cherry... I mean it's a good song, and it sounds somewhat great live, but I feel like people only like it because she says "bitch" and "fuck" in it, and also because she does the slutdrop when performed live... anyway, like you said very 2017.

Nah we were obsessed w/ it way before we knew that she added bitch and fuck

All the roses are red, and Jupiter too 

security guard was hot and in order to not spread diseases you’d have to open your mouth and he would pour water in it it was so weird lmfao but i’m pretty sure i would’ve passed out without it

That’s normal, all security guards pour water into concert goers mouths.

Woke up to see some nice clips of Lana but dismayed at the screaming people trying to sing along. I oppose violence to my fellow humans but a yellow pages to the head is justified occasionally.

I don’t know why, maybe it was the way you formulated it or maybe I actually pictured it, but this made me laugh out for real. :toofunny:

did she really perform a few songs acapella?

Yes, Cinnamon and HIAB.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png