Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,016 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

i hate yall now im literally sitting here like a clown hearing both versions, 3x beautiful and losers beautiful losers, so what is the truth

I have spent an entire year singing beautiful 3x

I will not accept anything else

All the roses are red, and Jupiter too 

My uo vinyl is arriving today and this whole time I thought it wasn’t even gonna dispatch til today :defeated: I’m sooooo excited to finally hear it on vinyl. My official lime green is coming Saturday while I’m at work, I’m gonna kms if it gets stolen off my porch

LIZARD PEOPLE

Why is Lana pretending to not know that everybody absolutely loves cinnamon girl? We have been screaming at her to finally give it to us for 8 months straight.

https://twitter.com/sad13/status/1169615810693931009

Y'all read this thread. This debate is so tiresome.

---

This artist was viciously and unjustly attacked for years for the most misogynist of reasons - it's understandable why she's sensitive to criticism, especially ones that allude to a disproven conspiracy theory about authenticity and appearance. It's very telling for me that she received such significant criticism early on and now - when she releases her most overwhelmingly acclaimed album - suddenly, there's a narrative from music journalists that she's been immune to criticism. Quite revisionist.That said, I think it's best when she continually lets her fantastic music do the talking in disproving the early criticisms.

What is life.. I’ve been singing beautiful x3 for a whole year and Venice bitch is one of my favourite too..

I thought she just switched it up with “losers” during that particular live but now I hear it on the album version too.

BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL LOSERS :defeated:

I pretend I’m not hurt and go about the world like I’m having fun

Y'all read this thread. This debate is so tiresome.

---

This artist was viciously and unjustly attacked for years for the most misogynist of reasons - it's understandable why she's sensitive to criticism, especially ones that allude to a disproven conspiracy theory about authenticity and appearance. It's very telling for me that she received such significant criticism early on and now - when she releases her most overwhelmingly acclaimed album - suddenly, there's a narrative from music journalists that she's been immune to criticism. Quite revisionist.That said, I think it's best when she continually lets her fantastic music do the talking in disproving the early criticisms.

Sadie was the artist that agreed to cover Sad Girl with me and she never finished it after I sent her my parts and it is WILD to see someone post her tweets on LB 

I spent a whole MONTH recording Sad Girl and it will never be finished RIP (this was years ago and im pretty much over it but will i ever be?)

i am the queen of the universe. the waves part, and they engulf me, and the water is warm.   

https://onlineparades.bandcamp.com/album/sure-jan

Y'all read this thread. This debate is so tiresome.

---

Aw I get where she’s coming from with some stans blindly enjoying everything their artists put out but I feel like the article in question really did not make any meaningful points of criticism lol. Like Lana said, a lot of journalists tend to exaggerate or add some odd narrative to Lana’s albums that puts the emphasis on all the wrong aspects of the music. That article heavily referenced a bunch of legendary artists they thought Lana drew inspiration from (and she undoubtedly does listen to a lot of them) but I don’t think she wrote parts of this record with them exactly in mind so it’s pretty unfair to make deliberate comparisons to them and berate her for it.

An actual red pill for this record would be discussing how Lana selectively chooses Kanye as a scapegoat for the loss of the culture when one of the members of The Beach Boys (who she also references in the same song) is a big Trump supporter as well. Idk who pointed that out but I saw it in a thread here and that’s definitely somewhat hypocritical :rip:

Okay this album is so good right like I put on one song and then midway I want to put on another song and over and over bc I want to hear them all at once. Does this happen to other people or am I just really high and indecisive?!