Elle

LDR7 / White Hot Forever - Pre-Pre-Release Thread - OUT SEPTEMBER 5TH, 2020

I bet Lana won't pass up the opportunity to sing about her "boy in blue" since she likes to put the word "blue" in like every song. It's almost.. too perfect.

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

Wtf is LMKYLAW from

she mentioned it in that Q Mag interview

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

What’s this “Let Me Love You Like a Woman” thing? Is it legit?

https://twitter.com/lanaismpoland/status/1186339679655911431?s=21

Well, classic Lana there: even for a «surprise release», she can't help but mention a song title for the coming record a year in advance  :facepalm:

This is already the most hyped I've been for a Lana album and we basically have nothing yet. After NFR brilliance, my expectations are through the roof which is probably not a good thing.

Same! But with every album, I get more excited. And I always think there’s no way I could get more excited for the next one, but somehow it happens. I feel like with every album, she goes more and more in the direction I’m currently vibing with. I can’t wait til we get to hear WHF.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

isn't that a lyric (not verbatim, but) from an unreleased song? am i hallucinating?

I don’t remember it from any unreleased. I could be forgetting but so far IIRC it’s completely new

maybe something like “you’re gonna love me i’m gonna make you” ?

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Well, classic Lana there: even for a «surprise release», she can't help but mention a song title for the coming record a year in advance  :facepalm:

Bless her heart, but it's what drives me crazy about her. Hopefully she doesn't over do it with the snippets like she did with NFR. 

isn't that a lyric (not verbatim, but) from an unreleased song? am i hallucinating?

I don't think, it really doesn't even sound like anything Lana would have said back then to me

also side every time I read that I hear 'man, I feel like a woman' play in the back of my head

Have you all heard of the Nfr post release Thread?

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

btw, being 'polished' doesn't make an album objectively good or better  :creep:  :creep:  there's a reason people prefer The Weeknd's original unmastered mixtapes vs. the Trilogy versions. I'd argue that most mainstream pop artists will have a much more cleaner and polished sound than Lana's discography but that doesn't automatically make them better albums. It lowkey adds to charm, and at least to me the white noise in all of the songs in NFR doesn't bother me, and I really thought purposefully did it in these two songs (i.e. California, Bartender, etc) like how they did in Old Money/PWYC, Cherry, or 24. but idk  :ohno:

for WHF I hope there's more white noise tbh  :creep:  :creep:

sgopYhV.gif

What is one unreleased song that has kind of the vibe or sound you guys are hoping we get a bit of on this album? All her albums have different varieties of songs, no matter how consistent the overall sound is, so I don’t think anything is necessarily off the table. So if you could have at least one song on this album in the style of any unreleased song, which would it be? (Or even a mix of two unreleased songs if not one fits what you want)

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

I don’t agree. I feel like between Freak & Art Deco, it has a continuity but it ends there. That was the point it feels like the album stops being as continuous and strung together. 24 and Salvatore were both... eh, there’s a reason they didn’t use 24 for Bond. Swan Song is good but at this point looking back, Swan Song is so similar to other stuff. I just really like DLMBM out of the last 4-5 tracks on that album. Scratch that i liked The Blackest Day but it could’ve been easily fit onto UV but as much as i liked it, it’s forgettable

Dan Auerbach has better production skills than Rick imo

There’s this sort of production value to Lana and Jacks tracks that adds an organic feel to it. Throughout the album I felt like HTD, California, CG, HIAB, and HIADT had some unbalanced production from the arrangement of beats to the way her vocals were put together. But i like it. It adds an additional intimate feeling knowing that only Jack, Lana, and Laura had a majority hand of creating the album. Dan does have amazing skills, i agree better than Rick, but Jacks synths create a whole new atmosphere.

What is one unreleased song that has kind of the vibe or sound you guys are hoping we get a bit of on this album? All her albums have different varieties of songs, no matter how consistent the overall sound is, so I don’t think anything is necessarily off the table. So if you could have at least one song on this album in the style of any unreleased song, which would it be? (Or even a mix of two unreleased songs if not one fits what you want)

Afraid, Hanging Around, Angels Forever, Flipside.

giphy.gif

Some kind of cross between JFK and On Our Way. Chill, relaxed, yet beautiful at the same time. I feel like JFK could’ve been redone for NFR and it would’ve sounded HEAVENLY, if she redid it for WHF i’d die. The bridge on that track always gets me in my feels. Or even the final version of 1949 bc of the guitars, just plucking with her voice and the quiet drums in the background. I’d love that. Which reminds me of Your Girl in a way which has more of an orchastral sound that i’d like to hear again, too...

If there’s any hip hop beats, i want something lyrically like Dum Dum

Idk if i’m thinking about comparing the next record with her unreleased stuff, there’s so many sounds i want her to play around with again that she’s ONLY scratched the surface of.

giphy.gif

I'd like it to range from Never Let Me Go to Wild One

The title "Let Me Love You Like a Woman" gives me strong "Glory Box" vibes.

Glory Box

[Verse 1]

I'm so tired of playing

Playing with this bow and arrow

Gonna give my heart away

Leave it to the other girls to play

For I've been a temptress too long

Just...

[Chorus]

Give me a reason to love you

Give me a reason to be a woman

I just wanna be a woman